Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Feather

Epicenter is so broken

18 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
1,029 posts
10,066 battles

shot-19_08.27_11_58.10-0087.thumb.jpg.8b3e8edbf51393a61f2ef97467672d19.jpgshot-19_08.27_12_00.33-0455.thumb.jpg.8641632ef19e1cbf77d2509dc766cf02.jpg

I say this mode needs a rework because it is either a gladiator-style mode for DDs (with the other classes being the spectators) or the team that manages to get the cap will be able to reduce the time & effort needed to win more significantly than the other modes.

shot-19.08.27_12.00.59-0724.jpg

[SMOKE]
1,201 posts
12,915 battles

Its only so because of the unwillingness of all the guns to actually push in formation with the light force and actuallu fight a battle. Just all wanting to sit outside , sit back behind cover and snipe / farm damage & kill; in short no difference than their equal selfish exhibition in Domination only worse since now there is basically a single Area only

Edited by Mechfori

3,656 posts
7,447 battles

This is another case of the player base needing reworking, not the game. And this is Asian server no less.

I've been in many Epicenter battles and the team that dares to enter the cap (better if BBs go in) is usually the one that wins.

Qui audet adipiscitur

The mode is designed so that those who stay far away will influence little to naught in the battle, even more so in maps with many mountains in the Epicenter zone. Either guns or torps, the terrain will screw you over.

If all you want is profit, you shouldn't care about winning or losing.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
3,012 posts
18,414 battles

Ergo, that is why I am in the "penalise the long ranger snipers, crank up the CQC rewards" camp.

We do not need more ships that have obsencely long range accuracy.

• Cool 1

[WWS]
154 posts
2,402 battles

Had a match once with two enemy Shimas, they thought they're sneaky so they just went left and right without contesting the circles. Our DDs just cap it all and won the game without anyone dying. It felt like a lose.

• Cool 1

[POI]
961 posts
9,671 battles

I actually love epicenter on Island of Ice map, better even if there is a snow storm. Not just DDs, but all must push into the cap and support each other. Only one class of ship in it is not enough to win the match. 

Very often in GK I will try to make my way into the epicentre, usually it is a lot of fun and battle result is good. 

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
1,029 posts
10,066 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

If all you want is profit, you shouldn't care about winning or losing.

Well it's Salem. I got about 135k in profit. I had no premium consumables so the entire service cost was 35k only, and no credit multipliers either.

5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

We do not need more ships that have obsencely long range accuracy.

Yeah they are the reasons I avoid playing non premium high tiers.

3 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

I actually love epicenter on Island of Ice map, better even if there is a snow storm. Not just DDs, but all must push into the cap and support each other. Only one class of ship in it is not enough to win the match. 

Very often in GK I will try to make my way into the epicentre, usually it is a lot of fun and battle result is good. 

This one actually had snowstorm which dropped my concealment to enough to only let the enemy CV spotted me. But I failed to get my nose out enough to do ship damage, hence it was flat 0.

[MRI]
2,680 posts
12,935 battles

Yeah the cap points can rack up ridiculously fast on Epicentre.

So if you get a potato team that refuses to contest the caps, your team will lose, very fast.

Also that afk Izumo and enemy Jean Bart. :cap_wander_2:

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
788 posts
5,773 battles

you got experience for 0 damage, ironically

someone in your team got 0 exp.

but the greatest looker is JB that got 15 exp.

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,190 posts
6,197 battles

This mode is won solely by aggressive play at the start of then constant support fire until it is over.

Can you see the problem?

3,656 posts
7,447 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Can you see the problem?

The players?

[TLS]
3,012 posts
18,414 battles

I think epicentre is a good mode. Because it is basically "Who dares, wins". You want to win? You create the win, not get it handed to you on a silver platter. Unfortunately this happens at times when the other team gifts you this silver platter and the Crown Jewels; conversely, there are times your team sells themselves on the slave market to pay for the restitutions.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mode.

• Funny 1

3,656 posts
7,447 battles
24 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I think epicentre is a good mode. Because it is basically "Who dares, wins". You want to win? You create the win, not get it handed to you on a silver platter. Unfortunately this happens at times when the other team gifts you this silver platter and the Crown Jewels; conversely, there are times your team sells themselves on the slave market to pay for the restitutions.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mode.

Delet dis. U r just copypasta meh comment.

[TLS]
3,012 posts
18,414 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Delet dis. U r just copypasta meh comment.

Pasta is not here yet. Wait a few more updates.

3,656 posts
7,447 battles
Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

Pasta is not here yet. Wait a few more updates.

Delet dis 2.

[LBAS]
1,464 posts

ship is too easy to be destroy.

so, is phychologically understandable that most people avoiding it.

Edited by PGM991

[SMOKE]
1,201 posts
12,915 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

ship is too easy to be destroy.

so, is phychologically understandable that most people avoiding it.

and that statement applied equally to enemy ships ... they are easily destroyed only because they all aim to fight alone. Its time and time proven formation up a group of ships can mutually support each other and survive and be able to do some real damage to the other side , Epic Center happen to be one mode that amplify this requirement. And also amplify the disadvantage of not doing so

Sign in to follow this