Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
notyourfather

AI gave up

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

58
[WWS]
Member
154 posts
2,402 battles

Was playing Raptor Rescue then this happened. Ranger got stuck after dodging torpedoes. It was trying to reverse but it wont move. I tried to dislodge it and it just stopped, not a single knot.

.fix.png.3b26ce6fcefa8f855b74d005e1d6729c.png

All objectives are done but we timed out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[LNA]
Member
459 posts
4,576 battles

Yeap. It happens a lot here. Players ramming into it and it would turn in zig zag motions and eventually stop. The escort programming is good but I feel WG still needs to iron out some issues. Best would be to just allow an alternate win condition if players manage to finish off all enemy ships on the map or at least force a withdraw if the player team inflict enough loses on the AI. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator
373 posts
18 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

I feel WG still needs to iron out some issues.

I feel either.. Thank you for your report and opinion, captains 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[REPOI]
Super Tester
65 posts
8,667 battles

Were you already this close when the AI initially rammed the island? 
I've noticed that they will cut their engine when a player is too close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[WWS]
Member
154 posts
2,402 battles
12 minutes ago, _buki said:

Were you already this close when the AI initially rammed the island? 
I've noticed that they will cut their engine when a player is too close.

No, it was already stuck on that island. I pushed it out and backed up and still not moving. The convoy also won't move.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[HMAS_]
Member
2,005 posts
13,972 battles

Prepare for RAMMING speed !!!

:Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,461
[MRI]
Member
2,680 posts
12,935 battles
6 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

Yeap. It happens a lot here. Players ramming into it and it would turn in zig zag motions and eventually stop. The escort programming is good but I feel WG still needs to iron out some issues. Best would be to just allow an alternate win condition if players manage to finish off all enemy ships on the map or at least force a withdraw if the player team inflict enough loses on the AI. Just my 2 cents.

This. 

The Raptor only gets stuck because somebody had rammed or obstructed it. Don't do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[WWS]
Member
154 posts
2,402 battles
36 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

This. 

The Raptor only gets stuck because somebody had rammed or obstructed it. Don't do that!

This happened because the Raptor is trying to dodge the enemy torpedoes, it ran itself aground. It is still moving but very x3 slow diagonally as it slid across the side of the island. Maybe the AI doesn't know how fast it's moving and a tiny forward movement equates to "Yep, I'm still moving forward. Must continue forward" and it doesn't know when to reverse and change course.

Edited by notyourfather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×