Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

so they some how...... investigating???

10 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
1,473 posts

Few day ago I was playing a game but my internet got screwed and end up disconnected mid game.

It took several hour for my internet provider to fix issues, I log in again and prepare "welp, I'm gonna get pink again today"

but... this is unexpected ...

shot-19_08.17_19_03_03-0385.thumb.jpg.097aecf5a99069434f1cd4ce8aa2b798.jpg

"for observance"....

is this new algorithm that separate people that accidentally got disconnected from intentionally AFK?

or someone really did investigate the case?

whatever the case, it's good... really good.

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
1,081 posts
10,066 battles

I think they remove the penalty after you get disconnected from the game about 1 or 2 hours without trying to log in within the period. I mean if you get disconnected and can reconnect again soon, the game will always guess you to "go AFK intentionally" and gives you the pink name.

• Cool 1

614 posts
3,029 battles
4 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I think they remove the penalty after you get disconnected from the game about 1 or 2 hours without trying to log in within the period. I mean if you get disconnected and can reconnect again soon, the game will always guess you to "go AFK intentionally" and gives you the pink name.

Image result for you are correct meme

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles
30 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

or someone really did investigate the case?

no need, if u got no pink then fine, if u got pink just leave it and play 2 more battles to remove that Lavie en rose

• Funny 3

[CLAY]
1,952 posts
10,366 battles
2 hours ago, tc1259 said:

Image result for you are correct meme

...Wait... So if you were to say... ragequit for a few hours then log back in, the game would lift the penalty because you “observe the rules”.

But if you have a connection issue, and frantically attempt to reconnect for the next 10 to 15 minutes, checking all connections, rebooting computer etc ect, and log back in to find your game already over (or you dead), then it would consider you went AFK “on purpose”....

That makes no sense.

• Cool 4

561 posts
1,474 battles

Monitoring network status function  was built in the Bigworld game engine right from the beginning. They should even know which Internet network segment the connection failed.

It is Not New. what took them so much time.

Another thing is when the game crashed, most of the time the crash clearly reflected in the game/crash log. These are enough to prove it was not the player who left the game.

Administrator
373 posts
4 hours ago, MatterCore said:

to remove that Lavie en rose

Our genius captains explained well on behalf of me.. So I'd like to highlight the phrase 'Lavie en rose' here...😂😂😂

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles
2 hours ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

Our genius captains explained well on behalf of me.. So I'd like to highlight the phrase 'Lavie en rose' here...😂😂😂

Its France Fest :Smile_teethhappy:

614 posts
3,029 battles
22 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

...Wait... So if you were to say... ragequit for a few hours then log back in, the game would lift the penalty because you “observe the rules”.

But if you have a connection issue, and frantically attempt to reconnect for the next 10 to 15 minutes, checking all connections, rebooting computer etc ect, and log back in to find your game already over (or you dead), then it would consider you went AFK “on purpose”....

That makes no sense.

It is my understanding that it just applies the penalty, there is no real monitoring. 

Think of it like this... 

You 'disconnect' 
The system applies the penalty for the offence e.g. 5 games 
You serve out that penalty, the penalty is removed (hence the removal message) 
You go back to being normal. 

Now i can't speak for what happens if you do it many times and the grace period... if there is one. 

But there are other methods that can remove the restriction, but as a general rule mods and gm's generally wont do it. the system is automated to some degree and only meeting the criteria for the penalty to be removed is what gets you removed. 

As for the specific 'conditions' I can't say. All I'll say is if the condition for the penalty is removed, then the penalty is removed 😉 hence the technically correct comment. 

[O7]
95 posts
14,159 battles
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Sir_Feather said:

Not so.  I was disconnected a minute into a battle two days ago and it took me 10 minutes or so to get back in.  My ship was sunk but I watched the end of the battle and I finished with zero damage, and zero xp.

I got the same message and thought the server must have recognised I had logged back in and so not penalised me.  I did get reported though.

Unfortunately I seem to get disconnected a couple of times a week but can usually get back in and resume the battle within a couple of minutes.  I have never been penalised before for this sort of thing.

My only penalties have been as a pink ship four times for doing damage to team mates .

Edited by Jayde2405

Sign in to follow this