You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Edward5044

Why there no penalty of teamkill

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
73 posts
3,140 battles

The game is still on CBT, expect it on the later stages.

or,

I wonder what is the corresponding action if, ex. a Destroyer deploys a torp salvo from afar, yet a Cruiser (at the same time trying to evade an enemy's torp/cannon salvo) from the same team goes in trajectory of his allies' torps a few seconds later. The DD might haven't aimed the torp to their teammate  but we know how much time a torp takes just to hit the target, meaning they've got more potential in accidental friendly hits, compared to firing shells.

I'm thinking of like, somewhat lesser punishment if hit with torps (somewhat bad luck, or plain player's lack of awareness) compared to when getting actually friendly killed with shells (which takes actual aiming).

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

I wonder what is the corresponding action if, ex. a Destroyer deploys a torp salvo from afar, yet a Cruiser (at the same time trying to evade an enemy's torp/cannon salvo) from the same team goes in trajectory of his allies' torps a few seconds later. The DD might haven't aimed the torp to their teammate  but we know how much time a torp takes just to hit the target, meaning they've got more potential in accidental friendly hits, compared to firing shells.

I'm thinking of like, somewhat lesser punishment if hit with torps (somewhat bad luck, or plain player's lack of awareness) compared to when getting actually friendly killed with shells (which takes actual aiming).

I suspect there will be a lot of team torping, especially post release, with the subsequent raging and forum whine threads. People are going to have to learn to be wary of friendlies in the area when they launch and players will have to learn to watch out for fish in the water coming from all directions.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

there is no any penalty for teamkill, why like that? Why can not let the killer pay all the repair fee?

We're still in testing, it's not they forgot though.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

There is already indicators of there being some form of consequence for team kill/team damage.

Yesterday I had my first team kill. and yes on purpose, I wasnt going to let some guy shoot his cannons at me twice, then launch a spread of torps at me without having some consequence; so I shot him back.. and he launched again..

Amazingly, he had very poor aim, only 2 torps hit me out of 4 spreads, and at close range, lucky for me, I hit his torp rack, and that took him to almost 0, his last spread "just" missed me, probably took some paint off the side.

It also showed, that not always the rock paper scissor concept is 100%, as a good shot(AP) into an ammo rack or two, can be the key to winning or losing.

Still fun, just means the battle start off a little sooner then expected  :P

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,787 battles

The game is still on CBT, expect it on the later stages.

or,

I understand what you consider. But it is necessary lesson for all the destroyer to understand how to use torpedo. It is not just for penalty, because I saw too many guys team-kill but think that is nothing. Just say sorry. But if sorry work,why we need police. Like wot already do well. Maybe no need pay all the repair fee, but half should be ok. 

My Yamato just killed by teammate with 9 torpedo which just beside me. 

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,787 battles

We're still in testing, it's not they forgot though.

I just don't understand the system already have item about that, but why never apply.

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,787 battles

There is already indicators of there being some form of consequence for team kill/team damage.

Yesterday I had my first team kill. and yes on purpose, I wasnt going to let some guy shoot his cannons at me twice, then launch a spread of torps at me without having some consequence; so I shot him back.. and he launched again..

Amazingly, he had very poor aim, only 2 torps hit me out of 4 spreads, and at close range, lucky for me, I hit his torp rack, and that took him to almost 0, his last spread "just" missed me, probably took some paint off the side.

It also showed, that not always the rock paper scissor concept is 100%, as a good shot(AP) into an ammo rack or two, can be the key to winning or losing.

My Yamato just killed by teammate with 9 torpedo which just beside me.  I just sad about that...

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Do not respond in kind to a possible team killer, if he sends in a pic/replay it is you that will cop the game ban, not them.

If any one has problems with players doing TK, screen shot and send to a mod for action. The auto system may not yet be implimented, but if evidence of TK is presented , bans will result.

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,787 battles

Just a image to show what happen. I was fire with a yamato and he will die soon. Just have 9000HP, and I'm ready have next fire.

Then one DD just come out from left and drop 10 torpedo to my side.......at that moment I still have 70000HP....next second I gone.

I just wonder how a tier IX DD can do that...if just tier 3 or 4 I fully understand.... Then I need pay 225K by own.

Bnic9Zc.png

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,787 battles

Do not respond in kind to a possible team killer, if he sends in a pic/replay it is you that will cop the game ban, not them.

If any one has problems with players doing TK, screen shot and send to a mod for action. The auto system may not yet be implimented, but if evidence of TK is presented , bans will result.

Just want understand, if somebody say FXXK to me, then I TK him, how about that?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Just want understand, if somebody say FXXK to me, then I TK him, how about that?

You are at fault

You should screen shot (&enable replays) of incidents that cannot be reported in game (at this point in time) and PM them to a moderator/GM.

Don't retaliate, as you are at fault as well then.

Don't post the details in the forums - name and shame rules.

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,787 battles

You should screen shot (&enable replays) of incidents that cannot be reported in game (at this point in time) and PM them to a moderator/GM.

Don't retaliate, as you are at fault as well then.

Don't post the details in the forums - name and shame rules.

Noted with thanks.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Actually right now, if people did want to test out options to where to hit (ie, a non moving object, and one that wont fire back.. I dont mind being asked right now in closed beta, if they were to test and find out.. just ask first ;).. also.. I record all my games :P

Edited by FPfr0sty

Beta Tester
5 posts
2,338 battles

WHENEVER THERES A KITAKAMI, PREPARE FOR TEAM KILL.

Enough ******** ******** ****************** ****** ***********, when my destroyer's closing a lane and preparing to ambush a BB, a ************************ gives me a 20 spread just 3 km away. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

WHENEVER THERES A KITAKAMI, PREPARE FOR TEAM KILL.

Enough ******** ******** ****************** ****** ***********, when my destroyer's closing a lane and preparing to ambush a BB, a ************************ gives me a 20 spread just 3 km away. 

Screenshot -> Replay -> Create a Ticket -> Done

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

since patch 0.3.1 there is a team killing penalty. Please read the patch notes

Teamkill Penalty System

• For any actions against allies (damage to and/or destruction of the allied ship) a penalty is imposed on a player at the end of the battle in the form of decreased amount of experience and credits. A teamkill rating is opened for such player.
  • When the player's rating reaches a certain value, the Teamkiller status is activated for the player. From this moment an equal or increased amount of the damage the player caused to allies is deducted from the ship's combat capability. The higher the rating, the greater the damage multiplier is.
  • The teamkill rating is reduced when the player damages and destroys enemy ships. The teamkill rating will decrease slightly at the end of the battle if the player takes no hostile actions against allies during the battle. When the teamkill rating becomes low enough, the Teamkiller status is revoked.
  • When calculating the teamkill rating, the type of armament used is also taken into account. The teamkill rating can be reduced by causing damage to enemies with a certain armament type; however, this reduction will only affect the rating for damage caused to allies with the same type of armament.
  • The players with Teamkiller status are not banned. They are only marked in a certain way.

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

The team killing thing isn't easy,  there is also the team members that will  deliberately turn into your torps,  or as I have already seen drive next to the enemy to block your shots so that they can get the kill.  then you have to stop main batterys/torps  and pray the secondarys don't do too much damage. Also im not sure what the ramming situation is as in most games I have been rammed in I had to pay the higher price, in one where I was the culprit being unattentive the poor guy I t-boned had to pay me the big amount .. sorry that guy if your reading this.