You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Otago_F111

Play mid and low tiers they say!!

13 comments in this topic

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles

I was working my way through the campaigns, as you do. Firstly Halsey then Yamamoto.  both these campaigns require a lot of battles to complete, and yes they are all T8-T10. These I did with my massy girls, and the odd NC .. all T8.

So I recently acquired my first T10 through the grind (Salem came with coal? but that's another story)  YAMATO. So that allows you to complete the Yamato Campaign, and yes all T8-10, but hang on it has an expiry date... shit, that a lot of games playing Yamato only.

Now of course you really need Yamamoto Isoroku ... and yup, that another T8-10 campaign.

So its full on T10 Yamato to complete it in the next 3 months ( and I only play 20-30 games a week) and 3 weeks are out for Bali holidays.

I like to do at least a scenario a night, and then maybe one ranked game for some steel......

Now playing mid and low tiers, I would love to, but!!   Oh, and any thoughts of regrinding lines... Go (Edited) yourself.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,667 posts
12,031 battles

Good news! You can ignore the Expiration date on the Yamato Legendary module mission. The legendary mod missions have no end date. They are set for the last day of the year because the system says they have to have an end date, but they carry over to the next year, no fuss.

So relax, yes, if you want Yamato legendary mod you’ll have to play it eventually (It’s one of the few mods that is really worth it), but you have no time limit to complete it in.

And trust me, you want to take your time. You rush it, you’ll be sick of Yamato by the time you have it.

And the Yamamoto campaign can be completed concurrently with the Yamato campaign. And yes, with the bonus to turret traverse, Yamamoto on Yamato works well.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
3,937 posts
19,996 battles

The problem is the campaigns were designed in ancient times when the conditions were different. WG seems to have abandoned campaigns.

• Cool 3

4,528 posts
8,629 battles

Even if you play through the tiers normally, no FXP included...

> WG: want to populate low/mid tiers

>T8-T10 grind is the longest + best things happen when you play T8-10 ships (Campaign, Missions, Challenges, etc)

Edited by Paladinum

[TDA]
Super Tester_
426 posts
10,372 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The problem is the campaigns were designed in ancient times when the conditions were different. WG seems to have abandoned campaigns.

Which is a shame really. Looks like what could of been Campaign missions has now been made into "time gated" Directives which do expire. It's an annoyance. 😞

• Cool 1

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Good news! You can ignore the Expiration date on the Yamato Legendary module mission. The legendary mod missions have no end date. They are set for the last day of the year because the system says they have to have an end date, but they carry over to the next year, no fuss.

well that's the best news, thanks mate!!  Im not really competent in the ship yet  so i can take my time now.

[TLS]
3,937 posts
19,996 battles
1 hour ago, Kamanah said:

Which is a shame really. Looks like what could of been Campaign missions has now been made into "time gated" Directives which do expire. It's an annoyance. 😞

Well, to me it seems they are catering to a particular set of players that demanded it. The time-gated directives that is.

[SMOKE]
1,837 posts
15,687 battles

mid tier, ; well they need better , and more variety in Scenarios ; low tier, I am not sure how they can convince people to play low tier, when really there's nothing really wort playing there othher than a few individual ship that's actually fun ; I will have to give it that its usually casual and stress free playing low tier alright 

Edited by Mechfori

19 posts
441 battles

I have just begun, total noob, so low tier is all I have. 

First impressions of this game.

Beautiful ships- so good I can use them for modelling guides.

You get sunk as a noob bloody fast

I hope that later on the battles actually have a point to them, other than just sink other ships, capture the flag- ie, get a convoy through, or kill an airfield, ect ect

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,338 posts
26,063 battles
13 minutes ago, ogowa said:

I hope that later on the battles actually have a point to them, other than just sink other ships, capture the flag- ie, get a convoy through, or kill an airfield, ect ect

nope, not yet. not in PVP at least, there are some PVE missions but they are tier spesific 

[TDA]
Super Tester_
426 posts
10,372 battles
16 minutes ago, ogowa said:

The problem with this in PVP is that it will take too much team coordination, and in currently in Randoms its hard enough to get people to actual work together.

All that you have stated is/was available in Scenarios, and this is a nice break from Randoms. I would like to see Cherry Blossom, Dynamo and that Frenchie Scenario come back soon. We have Raptor Rescue so its only a matter of time.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,595 posts
7,371 battles
6 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

All that you have stated is/was available in Scenarios, and this is a nice break from Randoms. I would like to see Cherry Blossom, Dynamo and that Frenchie Scenario come back soon. We have Raptor Rescue so its only a matter of time

We are buggered mate.

Sub-Octavian even said in his last question time that all Scenarios and Coop are on the backburner while they work on PvP

• Cool 1

[-ISO-]
1,058 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

nope, not yet. not in PVP at least, there are some PVE missions but they are tier spesific 

I think he's referring to the Co-op battle.