Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Reflections after a break

10 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,263 posts
18,633 battles

So I didn't play for almost 3 weeks. Needed a break. The respec inspired me to reinstall.

And what have I learned from stepping back and taking a breath?

Well I think life is like a carton of eggs - it's not the temperature that you store them at that increases their shelf like, it's how much the temperature changes that affects their freshness. ie keep them in the fridge or in the cupboard, but don't mix where you store them.

To quote that large breasted songstress who is frustrated with some bipolar dude, "You're hot then you're cold You're yes then you're no You're in then you're out You're up then you're down".

In other words, be like Hulk...

capt_1.gif

hulk_1.gif

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,263 posts
18,633 battles
4 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

u rush and u break :Smile_izmena:

I can hear her singing that now...

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,658 posts
12,005 battles

I can deal with the people I see in battle, what annoys me most about the game I s the amount of content WG keeps throwing at us.

SLOW DOWN!

At least stop offered get the limited time only rewards.

Or change the requirements, I don’t mind spending a few hours each night playing. I can easily earn 12k xp or something. But don’t make me have to restrict my engagements by making only wins count, or certain ships, or tiers, or archievemts.

• Cool 2

580 posts
1,635 battles
28 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I can deal with the people I see in battle, what annoys me most about the game I s the amount of content WG keeps throwing at us.

SLOW DOWN!

At least stop offered get the limited time only rewards.

Or change the requirements, I don’t mind spending a few hours each night playing. I can easily earn 12k xp or something. But don’t make me have to restrict my engagements by making only wins count, or certain ships, or tiers, or archievemts.

Yes. The amount of changes WG put out these days, those trend just make me wonder if WG would ever stabilize and make WOWS into a product.

Administrator
373 posts
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

In other words, be like Hulk...

The greatest saying of this month. Much relieved after imagining myself who became hulk and crashed everything in the office.. or office itself...🤐

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,263 posts
18,633 battles
1 minute ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

The greatest saying of this month. Much relieved after imagining myself who became hulk and crashed everything in the office.. or office itself...🤐

Ha! I think it's the ups and downs that are the troublemaker.

Stay angry!

• Angry 3

[MRI]
3,446 posts
14,846 battles

Break felt good didn't it? Really helps to put things into perspective.

8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Agreed. Burnout is a thing and even CCs are not immune. Kelorn from the Warships Podcast left due to burnout as Zoup mentioned in his video, and even Yuro left WoWs for a period of time because he was tired of the game (only returning thanks to the CV rework).

• Cool 1

459 posts
4,576 battles

I burned out long ago. I only login to play 1 CV scenario match a day for my 2000xp container on the Furious. I do play a few games when Narai is running but even then 5 is the limit with one game an hour. I'm pretty sure I am done with PVP on this game and that means I'll never be able to buy a Yamato ever. Sad, but you know what? I am cool with it. I've always been a PVE lover in every other game and no way I am destroying myself by playing long range shell flinging vs 15 random people over and over again. WG decided not to concentrate on story driven campaigns side by side with PVP? Great, their choice. But I'm not dancing to their tunes of "do 10x4 ridiculous missions to get an OP captain". No, thank you.

• Cool 1

77 posts

Firstly I love playing WOWS, the ships the layout. they amount of detail the designers have put in shows they have 'buy in', the detail is (Edited) amazing from the ships to the wave wake  to the clouds and island details. Combine this with the fact i can play 'live' game with 23 people at the same time. The other people can be from any where from New Zealand to India, they even let those guys across the ditch play 😉. The complexities that WOWS deals with to offer us this is just WOW. 

I think WG are caught between trying to please their current player base while trying to grow the numbers, hence the ever expanding 'products/ships'. How many premium ships have come in the last couple of months alone.  For me WG have way too much content at the mo, its like an on going informercial sales 'if you call now you'll get ' 'play now' 'don't miss out' 'this offer is for a limited time'. WG I believe do try and listen but trying to please so many voices (raging at times), can and i believe have diluted the product. The forum shows that people feel an ownership with WG 'messing' with their game. WG should recognise this as a compliment. WG are renowned for data feedback and I believe this is where people can make the real difference by identifying why they play and do it, this it will show in the data. For me I play to enjoy 

Profanity, Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this