Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Coop Battles needed more love.

39 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,962 posts
14,168 battles

This might be either a suggestion, it has been 3 years that Coop battles has been intact of the 8v8 mode of Coop, this has to expand by 2 to make 10v10 

Coop Battle mode on higher tiers (VI-VIII)will only have 1-2 CVs and few BBs per matching to improve their indurance against aircraft.

It needs a different achievement on this mode as well, Operations and Random battles has plentiful achievements, so why not add Achievements for players who only or often play Coop Battles.

• Cool 9

[TLS]
3,935 posts
19,987 battles

Agree. Even the standard AI bots show more promise than a lot of human players.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[SMOKE]
1,831 posts
15,667 battles

Co-Op should be allowed to have as few as 6 vs 6 and as much as 10 vs 10  on mid to top tier , and should stick with the current at low tier

Edited by Mechfori

[TLS]
3,935 posts
19,987 battles
8 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Make Co-Op battles to be more rewarding (especially in credits) than they currently are. Then we could see a massive increase in those battles.

*cough*theywanttopopulaterandomaspeoplethinkbeatingupotherpeopleis"better"*cough*

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,266 posts
18,664 battles

How about making coop games mini scenarios?

Make them random but give the bots some extra dimension.

Something like they get a respawn every 5 minutes or similar.

Or a mini turkey shoot where the bots are in an eternal convoy that must cross the map to an exit zone.

Not as a weekly operation, just as a random chance in coop.

But nothing that requires too much thought or game knowledge as it is a "learning mode" after all.

[TLS]
3,935 posts
19,987 battles
6 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

But nothing that requires too much thought or game knowledge as it is a "learning mode" after all.

I would not even say it is "learning mode" because the only things some players "learn" is how to sail at the very edges of the map far away from the main action. Just like in random.

If people really were learning, they'd be pushing their ships to the max(battle) and learning the strength and weaknesses of their armour and weapons provided right up close as well as the intricacies of the map.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,266 posts
18,664 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

If people really were learning, they'd be pushing their ships to the max(battle)

I like the cut of your jib sir.

• Funny 3

[SMOKE]
1,831 posts
15,667 battles

Or they tend to pick up the bad habit of sitting back, around home base, never up front formation with the vanguard light force nor the main fleet BB .. so many are .. in fact I just had a few games this evening when all the cruiser just sail around home base all the game refusing to go .. I was so annoyed to the point that I just sail my DD back to edge of map and park there and I tell them since they are not out for a fight then I am out of it too

• Cool 3

[4RSE]
274 posts
6,857 battles
4 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Or they tend to pick up the bad habit of sitting back, around home base, never up front formation with the vanguard light force nor the main fleet BB .. so many are .. in fact I just had a few games this evening when all the cruiser just sail around home base all the game refusing to go .. I was so annoyed to the point that I just sail my DD back to edge of map and park there and I tell them since they are not out for a fight then I am out of it too

Last night in a random with my Gneisenau  I had 4 cruisers with me on a flank. They all just milled around outside of gun range for 5 minutes, so I drove forward into the cap and took it, farmed a bit of damage and went down fighting (being focused by the 5 enemies on that flank). The team took the other flank, and eventually won the game for us. If the team are going to potato, then I am going to YOLO in and do as much as I can in however long I have. This game meta of hugging the borders is pathetic.

5 posts
3,328 battles

Improve co-op? Why. It's a training mode for new players starting off.  I've only played 1700 odd random games but only now use co-op for testing a newly purchased ship or for testing Asians mods.  I'm learning how to play against real people, good and bad.  I can't understand why people would play thousands of battles in this mode. The other side are Bots. Random is where experienced players should be. Thats where the action is and that's where you learn. I've played poorly in quite a number of games and copped the inevitable remarks from other players. And on occasion some actual helpful advice. You don't learn or get help from a bot. Get back to random people. Just saying.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,930 posts
28 minutes ago, ParramattaDE46 said:

Improve co-op? Why. It's a training mode for new players starting off.  I've only played 1700 odd random games but only now use co-op for testing a newly purchased ship or for testing Asians mods.  I'm learning how to play against real people, good and bad.  I can't understand why people would play thousands of battles in this mode. The other side are Bots. Random is where experienced players should be. Thats where the action is and that's where you learn. I've played poorly in quite a number of games and copped the inevitable remarks from other players. And on occasion some actual helpful advice. You don't learn or get help from a bot. Get back to random people. Just saying.

It's not just a "Training mode".

Co-op for many players is the single player version of WoWs. You can play the game without rage and just enjoy it for what it is.....a GAME.

There are many players on this server who have played over 10,000 Co-op matches, and one who has played over 40,000 matches. This is more than double and sometimes triple the count of Random only players.

These are the players that could benefit more from Co-op changes, and would probably generate more revenue if changes were implemented....

I personally only play Co-op. I have to test in Randoms, and believe me, I do not enjoy testing in Randoms at all.

Randoms are full of players who are either very new to the game, can't play the game properly, are still learning, are bots, or my favorite, think that because they play the game well, they can degrade and vilify people who aren't so good at it.

You want to play Randoms?, go right ahead.

I'll stick to co-op for sanity's sake.....

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Cool 5

5 posts
3,328 battles

Wow only play Co-op for sanitys sake.  Shaking my head.  Still can't understand why anyone would continue to play this game in a non competitive mode. Thats what gaming is. Competitive play. No competition against bots. And Co-op is a TRAINING mode. Thats how you start off in this game. In Co-op. Natural progression is towards Random.  And yes i will continue to play Random. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,930 posts
7 minutes ago, ParramattaDE46 said:

Thats what gaming is. Competitive play.

If you think that's what gaming is, then you aren't gaming........

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,266 posts
18,664 battles
5 minutes ago, ParramattaDE46 said:

Wow only play Co-op for sanitys sake.  Shaking my head.  Still can't understand why anyone would continue to play this game in a non competitive mode. Thats what gaming is. Competitive play. No competition against bots. And Co-op is a TRAINING mode. Thats how you start off in this game. In Co-op. Natural progression is towards Random.  And yes i will continue to play Random. 

I tend to agree with you, in that PvP is where its at and I don't think that Coop is anywhere near as exciting or challenging.

BUT

I also agree with @LtDan_IceCream (which may surprise him) in almost everything he says about Coop as well.

I play both modes but sometimes I just can't deal with the stupid things players do and so yeah, Coop for sanity sometimes.

I would much rather play a hard game of PvP with two teams of players who are at least semi competent and are good sports. I have often commiserated with enemy players and had enemy players commiserate with me.

But in lieu of always having good PvP games... I will play Coop.

You can't tell someone how they should play, or what they enjoy - unless it directly impacts your enjoyment or success in the game. 

• Cool 3

5 posts
3,328 battles

At least you play Random Max.  After a bad run I log out for the day.   Just can't get my head around someone playing 10,000 plus Co-op games. Just seems so much of a waste of time. 

[CLAY]
2,665 posts
12,012 battles
6 minutes ago, ParramattaDE46 said:

At least you play Random Max.  After a bad run I log out for the day.   Just can't get my head around someone playing 10,000 plus Co-op games. Just seems so much of a waste of time. 

Some players can actually grind XP and credits faster in co-op than random.

It come down to reasons why you play the game. Some players play for the collecting side of the game. They want to collect the various ships. They are not concerned with competition at all and find that playing in randoms it detrimental to their enjoyment.

You May say that this is a PvP game, that if these people want to collect stuff they should find other games. But one thing WG does do well is ship models. There are few F2P games out there that do ship models as well.

So some players see co-op as the game mode to use if you only want XP to collect ship, and find random to be stressful. And these players want a little more focus on the “single player mode” to make it more enjoyable. It’s fine if you don’t agree, but I don’t think it’s wrong.

I myself prefer random for grinding as it gives more rewards, but I frequently use co-op when I’m trying to complete specific challenges, such as shell hits, torpedo hits, ship kills etc.. much easier and quicker in this mode.

I also love operations, which may still be PvE, but has a lot more to them, and offers a lot of xp and credits.

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
2,962 posts
14,168 battles

Coop isnt been updated with so many patches. im not counting Ovechkin (or whoever that was.) as achievements or any of the stuff, besides, it needs more achievements to be added rather than in Ranked or Random.

I played Coop Battles more than a year or so, During its Open Beta.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,594 posts
7,352 battles

I tend to play a lot more coop lately in my own ships after doing a LOT of testing in randoms.    Its just a nice bit of stress relief.   I have always admired Lt_Dan's ability to play coop and have so much resources available to him.   The is no right or wrong mode in this game but I do agree that coop does need some updating until more varied scenarios come on line.

• Cool 4

5 posts
3,328 battles
17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Some players can actually grind XP and credits faster in co-op than random.

It come down to reasons why you play the game. Some players play for the collecting side of the game. They want to collect the various ships. They are not concerned with competition at all and find that playing in randoms it detrimental to their enjoyment.

You May say that this is a PvP game, that if these people want to collect stuff they should find other games. But one thing WG does do well is ship models. There are few F2P games out there that do ship models as well.

So some players see co-op as the game mode to use if you only want XP to collect ship, and find random to be stressful. And these players want a little more focus on the “single player mode” to make it more enjoyable. It’s fine if you don’t agree, but I don’t think it’s wrong.

I myself prefer random for grinding as it gives more rewards, but I frequently use co-op when I’m trying to complete specific challenges, such as shell hits, torpedo hits, ship kills etc.. much easier and quicker in this mode.

I also love operations, which may still be PvE, but has a lot more to them, and offers a lot of xp and credits.

An interesting thread. But ok, I guess everyone has a different idea on how to play this game. Whether it is in Random or other modes. Personally I strongly believe in competitive play and leveling up. Not particularly interested in rewards etc, just about trying to outplay a real opponent. Each to their own.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,266 posts
18,664 battles
1 minute ago, ParramattaDE46 said:

Each to their own.

house.gif

[CLAY]
2,665 posts
12,012 battles
1 hour ago, ParramattaDE46 said:

An interesting thread. But ok, I guess everyone has a different idea on how to play this game. Whether it is in Random or other modes. Personally I strongly believe in competitive play and leveling up. Not particularly interested in rewards etc, just about trying to outplay a real opponent. Each to their own.

A good game is one that can be enjoyed on many different levels by many different people.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
3,935 posts
19,987 battles

To start, I am just going to acknowledge other people that I am going to reference but not quote as it will become a quoteblockfest if I did. I will only quote the important things. So @Grygus_Triss@Max_Battle@LtDan_IceCream@RalphTheTheatreCat, I have not forgotten you.

Disclaimer: Veteran of 12k coops, not insane yet. I look up to my senpai @rainthink017who I cannot catch up.

9 hours ago, Mechfori said:

4 hours ago, lunsmann said:

Last night in a random with my Gneisenau  I had 4 cruisers with me on a flank. They all just milled around outside of gun range for 5 minutes, so I drove forward into the cap and took it, farmed a bit of damage and went down fighting (being focused by the 5 enemies on that flank). The team took the other flank, and eventually won the game for us. If the team are going to potato, then I am going to YOLO in and do as much as I can in however long I have. This game meta of hugging the borders is pathetic.

This. This is not limited to random games. In co-op it happens frequently as well. And these players that do it are almost always the worst performers. It basically indicates a lack of situational awareness and adaptability. I call it "carry over in random" because a lot of people in random play in a risk adverse manner.

As many of you have put it, it does not matter what mode you want to play as long as you are having fun. I respect people who want to play PvP mode but often, that respect does not translate the other way to PvE players. For reference, co-op players have to work 2 to 3 times as hard just to achieve the same rewards as 1 random game. In addition, to reap decent rewards in co-op, please note that a premium account and decent camo is recommended. Co-op primary players do spend as well, and perhaps more than people realise.

3 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

If you think that's what gaming is, then you aren't gaming........

Correct. There is gaming and there is competitive gaming, just like there are sports and competitive sports. People play sports for fun and entertainment and not necessarily the competition. The same applies to gaming. I have been playing games since the days when there were no such thing as competitive gaming, just for fun.

The fact is that a lot of us play co-op because it is less frustrating to deal with. As with the other, I don't mind a good random match where there are good teams: I have issues when there is no effort exhibited by my team. To me the excuse that "MM averages out blahdeblah" is pathetic.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
3,935 posts
19,987 battles

PS. Also, when my teambot outperforms me in a match, I feel very depressed that I am not playing up to standards. If people say "bots are easy", then I should see human players top the scoreboard 100% of the time. Frequently I see in 2 human, 6 AI matches where I am on top, and the 6 other bots beat the other human player. Is that not a description of the quality of player(s)?

AND Coop mode is not training. There is a training mode with absolutely no returns except to practice.

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this