You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GOMBEE8626

Feedback Thread for Update 0.8.7

Update 0.8.7 Feedback Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy 0.8.7 update overall?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like it
    • I don't like it at all
  2. 2. How do you think about Research Bureau?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  3. 3. Do you like our Matchmaker and Autopilot?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  4. 4. Do you like our Battle Chat function?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  5. 5. How are the new ships Smolensk and Somers?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  6. 6. How about other Content Additions and Changes?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all

26 comments in this topic

Administrator
373 posts

Hello captains,

We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your opinion.

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

• French Destroyers Part.2
  • Research Bureau
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Matchmaker
  • Autopilot
  • AA Defense Changes
  • UI Improvements
  • Armory
  • Content Additions and Changes

Please check the details here:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-087-french-destroyers-part-2/

Please give us your feedback by voting and commenting.

We will pick 3 winners from voters and commenters.

Winners will receive 12 camos by codes(4x Stars 'n Stripes, 4x Revolutionary, 4x Union Jack).

Action Stations!

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,278 posts
18,735 battles

At first glance my port carousel looks clearer and better.

[THA]
23 posts
14,716 battles

1st thing that i found in my 1st battle of this patch is "BOT PLAYER" look like research bureau might increase them more other than that was good

[DBOYZ]
5 posts
318 battles

Just to mention it again... USA and Japanese rank 4 CV's launching 2 torps and bombs per attack run BUT not the British CV's is unfair, it's a huge factor and mostly why all i've been seeing since the patch is Hosho's and Langley's. Other than my Hermes i've seen 2 other Hermes, whereas i've seen probably 20 + Hosho's and Langley's. The rest of the CV's I've looked at and it seems fine it's just the rank 4 British cv's that were not buffed for some reason.

Edited by Tharasiph

[POI]
968 posts
10,438 battles

The port seems smoother. thanks for that.

The new Priority sector mechanism felt more interaction with the incoming squadron, which I fell better than previous one.
the modified Massive AA fire captain skill seemed more like a side-grade instead of an upgrade to me for most ships. might not worth that 4 points anymore

Client still tends to crash every now and then. Last time I thought it was my GPU driver, but have upgraded it for like 3rd time, still the same issue

Suggest to remap/reshuffle captain skills. for instance AFT is now only useful in secondary builds, which itself is very situational. I hope you can finalise your IFHE and HE pen value quickly and settle the captain skills. (please dont wait until submarine is available; that'd be like, another half a year to a year?)

For now no intention to try research bureau. But might play more tier 8 as the MM has changed.

1,160 posts
11,077 battles

RB is a joke, more pay to win idiots in OP ships with no idea.

Port STILL lags like its 1987.

"Misbehaviour in chat" report is abused in game all the time. 

Ping block thing is annoying when it blocks you from pinging the map and why is it even needed?

[LBAS]
4,730 posts
10,736 battles

We protest to ban Research Bureau

Autopilot so sucks have to wait for zero knots 10 seconds before moving the ship especially CV

Smolensk and Somers mean nothing for who haven't resource

[LNA]
2,023 posts
13,289 battles

Don't know about contents. But the update broke the game , crashing randomly during battle. And cost me pink names for faults not me own. Downvoted for technical faults.

And not just once , but more than a couple of times.

Edited by legionary2099

[HKN]
51 posts
5,465 battles

i don't like about the update is them bringing in WiP ships into the game, this is a LIVE SERVER, if its being tested, put them back into the PTS server if its not ready. Our team see a WiP ship (Venezia) and not to mention a Smolensk, our team just melt. Oh did i mention the Venezia and Smolensk player carried the team?? 

[XSA]
82 posts
7,291 battles

The new matchmaking is awesome, many consistent full tier X matches like never before, I think this is a good start for a fair play (for lower tier ships). This would probably increase the incentive for players to purchase Tier VIII premium ships, as they are now less often to face Tier X ships compared to the past.

The new French premium container is more rewarding as it is guaranteed to drop tokens, which could be used to exchange for the French unique commander, and also in exchange for doubloons. I also got myself two French premium ships from 20 containers, where I call it fair. I recall that spending loads of cash for the French premium container in 0.8.6, where I bought 14 of those, and got NONE of the French DDs. Now I have to grind the entire line from Tier II, though I kind of enjoyed them.

The Research Bureau is stupid, even the veterans do not like it. There is absolutely no point to re-grind a line multiple times for a premium ship that is not out-of-the-world, considering you could easily substitute Smolensk for free with coal for Colbert. Veteran players who play lower tiers are labeled as seal-clubbers, and now WG wants everyone to play lower tier ships, which makes no sense. Personally if I would like to play at a lower tier I would only keep the ships that I really like (Nurnberg, Fiji, etc.), or even buy the premium ships because I can share the captains without any cost. But I would definitely not endeavor to re-grind a line that I have paid a lot of hard work on. If WG has excessive human resources I would recommend developing a ship rental system for clans so that one could lend their ship to other clan members for use in Clan Wars or eventually all game modes with no penalties (such as not being able to apply camouflages), I could create a thread regarding this idea if anyone is interested in this concept.

4,536 posts
8,629 battles

New French Directives are not very grindy: +1

Being able to research French DDs: +1

French captain requires being in the Hall of Fame: -1

New autopilot: +-0 (for now), I don't use it that much so give me some times

New MM for T8: +-0 (for now), I need to play more

AA change: +0,5, waaaaaaaay more intuitive than the "click this and then click that during heated action" mechanic, but the damage burst seems Uncanny valley-ish to me

Research Bureau: read my signature

• Cool 1

[XSA]
82 posts
7,291 battles
On 8/25/2019 at 5:47 PM, PbKavarovsky said:

The new matchmaking is awesome.

I revoke what I just said. Tier VI matchmaking is terrible. I have four games in De Grasse and all of them are in Tier VIII, ALL of them.

4,536 posts
8,629 battles

MM: -1 

T8 gets uptiered less, but T6 gets uptiered more as a result. 

This is dumb.

[DBOYZ]
5 posts
318 battles

The HOSHO changes where they can launch 2 torpedoes an attack is ridiculous.

The Hosho's are dominating every game at rank 4, it' stupid, was this change play tested at all? A single flight of torp fighters from a HOSHO in 1 run can deliver 20+ thousand damage, using all 6 the fighters in the flight... 1 run of 1 flight! In a battle a carrier uses about 10 flights of fighters ... 

Edited by Tharasiph

[TLS]
3,948 posts
20,022 battles
9 hours ago, Paladinum said:

MM: -1 

T8 gets uptiered less, but T6 gets uptiered more as a result. 

This is dumb.

Kek. (is delicious)

That is why the +/-1 solution was the most effective. Wg, complicating solutions since the beginning. 

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles

Okay, so i just got some weird bug regard to AA system.

As WG note, We press "~" button to re-enforcing the AA side enemy was in it right ? Well not for me apparently. Just bring Yamato and the AA system is broken. Whenever i press it, the section was never re-enforce and it just back to reload state. That mean i didn't get the benefit of AA boost at all. This is absurd WG, fix this bug please.

20190826_174438_PJSB018-Yamato-1944_52_Britain.wowsreplay

[POI]
968 posts
10,438 battles
2 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Okay, so i just got some weird bug regard to AA system.

As WG note, We press "~" button to re-enforcing the AA side enemy was in it right ? Well not for me apparently. Just bring Yamato and the AA system is broken. Whenever i press it, the section was never re-enforce and it just back to reload state. That mean i didn't get the benefit of AA boost at all. This is absurd WG, fix this bug please.

20190826_174438_PJSB018-Yamato-1944_52_Britain.wowsreplay

Did you spec Massive AA captain skill for your Yamato Captain? The skill will cancel out the progressive increase of AA DPS totally, and jump straight into cool down. In return the instantaneous damage is doubled. 

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles
2 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Did you spec Massive AA captain skill for your Yamato Captain? The skill will cancel out the progressive increase of AA DPS totally, and jump straight into cool down. In return the instantaneous damage is doubled. 

no, i standard build Yama , no AA spec. Only AFT and stuff so it weird that the AA just instantly cancel and no re-enforce.

• Cool 1

[POI]
968 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, appoclyse said:

no, i standard build Yama , no AA spec. Only AFT and stuff so it weird that the AA just instantly cancel and no re-enforce.

Hmm... It really sound weird then... 

[POI]
968 posts
10,438 battles

still on and off having client crashing upon completion of a match OR intend to exit battle to port after being sunk. kinda frustrating... Previously i suspect was my GPU driver issue, but after updated the driver, issue still occur.

[SALT]
2,020 posts
10,542 battles

65ae558350.png

did this update re-introduce horid 2 CV matchmaking again ?

• Cool 1

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles

What idiot thought it was a good idea to allow CV's into ranked? The maps are small and the CV's only need to watch a a few ships, it's horrible in ranked now!

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,596 posts
7,390 battles
33 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

What idiot thought it was a good idea to allow CV's into ranked? The maps are small and the CV's only need to watch a a few ships, it's horrible in ranked now!

To be honest the T6 CV's were so hit and miss as they were purely dependant on the player actually being competent and playing to the script.   I had about 50% of battles with CV's and half of them were window lickers so they may as well have not been there.  Some were extremely good and definitely controlled the battle for the team.