Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Revan

Clan Battles for ASIA/SEA Server

18 comments in this topic

[BONED]
[BONED]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,082 battles

Hey Wargaming and community. 

I don't know how you guys do it but having clan battles from 21:30 - 130am for the ASIA server has been a bit rough on those who want to work the next day and all and I was thinking with some constructive feedback that it should be changed or amended somehow. 

My clan and I had been struggling getting the numbers to turn up around that evening except we had been finding only Saturday nights work for us but we had been trying other nights and seem to struggle with it. We end up discovering that during the working week doesn't help so we need more sessions and flexibility. 

I would probably expected that this would have happened to the other clans as well too. So I'm reaching out for some support for a change for this.

I was hoping that we could have the ASIA clan battle times changed from say 2000 - 0130 for Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday would be two sessions 1100 - 1430 and 1900 - 2300 for example. We have noticed that Tuesday is unavailable due to server maintenance but extend that to Wednesday night as well just to make sure that the content is working fine. You should consider allow us to play during the day as well for a short session like 0830 - 1130am or 12noon -  1530 for example, I can understand that you have the other regions to consider but if you have cross-realm clan battles going on during the day/night for Clan Battles, I think you will see people having more fun and getting the experience out of it.

I know that the RU, EU and NA areas have their own enclosed clans within that region but we need more flexibility for not just Asia server but for all servers. 

A good way you have started already is with playing different Tier level warships, like recently with Tier 8 warships and they are still fun to play with. I know Clan Battles was heavily focused on Tier 10 but it does help change the focus a little. Not everyone can level up that fast to get to tier 10 unless you have someone else helping you do it. I know there are some of us who do work long hours and/or study as well too but we feel that if we have flexible hours on Clan Battles during the week and weekend would be more welcoming. I know that with special events like Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Year you could have Clan Battles running 24/7 for all regions and have cross--over battles, more the merrier as they say.

Any thoughts around this?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
28 posts
18,190 battles

Sounds like your clans home base is Australia/New Zealand, Yes it a universal problem for us in the down under the times have never been in our favour. Not to defend wargaming but they have been slowly moving the times for us aussies/kiwis as past seasons in clan wars the times were 23:00 - 3:30 they were horrible we would have only 7-9 members be available out of 50 for a session (For my old clan atleast).

Would be nice for them to move the starting time an hour earlier for the times to look similar to what you suggested 20:30 - 1:30 could squeeze more matches in etc. 

On another note if your clan is interested in the competitive scene with much more sensible times consider signing up for King of the Tasman tournament which can be found here https://discord.gg/ZsPSpXK

Edited by Korrupt_Penguin
  • Cool 2

[BONED]
[BONED]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,082 battles

Yeah you're right Korrupt, we are an ANZAC clan but we are hoping that Wargaming will take our feedback and see what they can do for us. If they want us involved in the game, give us some reasonable flexible hours is all we are asking.

Edited by Satelerevan
  • Cool 1

213 posts
9,985 battles

We tried and they did move the start time 30 minutes earlier.

Still, that's 11.30pm here in NZ so pretty brutal. Needs to move another 2 hours earlier to be reasonable.

[BONED]
[BONED]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,082 battles

That's rough mate... I'm just wondering, how come us Aussies and New Zealanders seem to have it so rough on any the games we play nowadays? It shouldn't happen like that to be honest. 

Most of the games I've see lately have it as an all day/night event and doesn't cause an issue.

741 posts
19,634 battles
1 hour ago, Satelerevan said:

That's rough mate... I'm just wondering, how come us Aussies and New Zealanders seem to have it so rough on any the games we play nowadays? It shouldn't happen like that to be honest. 

Most of the games I've see lately have it as an all day/night event and doesn't cause an issue.

Sadly, we're not a significant enough number to warrant moving the times. Cross server match making doesn't work either unless you can get your guys on early in the morning to play on NA so it's generally pretty borked. More reasonable times is something we've been asking... no, begging... for since clan Battles started and whilst it's marginally better now it's still awful for our friends across the ditch.

• Cool 1

[BONED]
[BONED]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,082 battles

Yeah that's true too. 

Who knows? Anything is possible but I'm hoping that Wargaming will take it into consideration and change the times again.

614 posts
3,029 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, Satelerevan said:

Yeah that's true too. 

Who knows? Anything is possible but I'm hoping that Wargaming will take it into consideration and change the times again.

Yeah Nah - 

A few of us with connections have argued this till we're blue in the face, even got the great god's involved but nothing came from it. 

it is what it is 🙂 I actually just returned to the game having some time off because life... and I did participate in my clan's wars last on Saturday night, I enjoyed them but are they the be all and end all? nope

Anyways 🙂 just keep plugging away. 

Administrator
373 posts

Thank you for your opinions and thoughts captains!

Actually, this is one of the most important and difficult issue that we've been faced with.

I'm not able to say anything here because of my position but please understand that we've been caring about this issue globally and trying our best to find available solution.

And also, as Korrupt said above please join King of the Tasman season 2 :cap_horn:

[ZEST]
408 posts

Agree, especially my friend in NZ, My clan gotta several Chinese captains, some Aussie captains, and few NZ captains.

4-hour time defference between my clan mates :fish_panic:

3:30 Am for NZ player to finish the Clan battle is absolutely too late. 

Always feels broken when clan battle ends lul.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,095 posts
20,361 battles

An old issue. 

It was worse before, this season the battles are beginning 30 mins earlier than before. Also, there wasnt prime time before. 

Slowly moving in the right direction, hopefully there will be more actual movement. 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles

Well daylight saving will kick off here again shortly so that hampers some ANZ players even more by making CB an hour later than usual.

[BONED]
[BONED]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,082 battles
On 8/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, tc1259 said:

Yeah Nah - 

A few of us with connections have argued this till we're blue in the face, even got the great god's involved but nothing came from it. 

it is what it is 🙂 I actually just returned to the game having some time off because life... and I did participate in my clan's wars last on Saturday night, I enjoyed them but are they the be all and end all? nope

Anyways 🙂 just keep plugging away. 

Yeah I can see what you mean mate, but in all seriousness if Wargaming wanted to have Clan Battles on a 24hour period for 4 nights for example for all regions hammering it out - it would have been an epic battle to remember. The rewards may not have been the same thing but we are open for better options. 

What I don't understand is like look at the Random, Co-op, Operations or Ranked battles are available 24/7 why not for Clan Battles?  Flexibility is all we are after nowdays, and with the daylight savings coming up (even though not all places will have it), it might make it easier but at the same time we are just toughing it out for now.

I could see potentially that Clan Battles can be crossrealmed in the near future, with the big holidays like thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year coming up I'd say like why not open up the doors and let every warship known to man to be on the battlefield sharing the good times of glorious battling.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, GOMBEE8626 said:

Actually, this is one of the most important and difficult issue that we've been faced with.

I'm not able to say anything here because of my position but please understand that we've been caring about this issue globally and trying our best to find available solution.

And also, as Korrupt said above please join King of the Tasman season 2 :cap_horn:

I can understand that Gombee, I've been like that in your shoes at same stage. But don't be discourage into keep on trying, in the meantime the new King of the Tasman season 2 looks good. Hope to be in it as well. 

I'm considering joining to do some live streaming after I get my new computer, can't wait to support the game I love playing though.

• Cool 1

614 posts
3,029 battles
5 minutes ago, Satelerevan said:

Yeah I can see what you mean mate, but in all seriousness if Wargaming wanted to have Clan Battles on a 24hour period for 4 nights for example for all regions hammering it out - it would have been an epic battle to remember. The rewards may not have been the same thing but we are open for better options. 

What I don't understand is like look at the Random, Co-op, Operations or Ranked battles are available 24/7 why not for Clan Battles?  Flexibility is all we are after nowdays, and with the daylight savings coming up (even though not all places will have it), it might make it easier but at the same time we are just toughing it out for now.

I could see potentially that Clan Battles can be crossrealmed in the near future, with the big holidays like thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year coming up I'd say like why not open up the doors and let every warship known to man to be on the battlefield sharing the good times of glorious battling.

I can understand that Gombee, I've been like that in your shoes at same stage. But don't be discourage into keep on trying, in the meantime the new King of the Tasman season 2 looks good. Hope to be in it as well. 

I'm considering joining to do some live streaming after I get my new computer, can't wait to support the game I love playing though.

I wish I could tell you more, we've always even as far back as World of Tanks early days had a window period for clan battles. there is logic to it! 

But with the small amount of players here in Australia / New Zealand, it simply doesn't add up to increase the time zone, putting the balance off of and potentially affecting a larger number of players. 

It would be nice if they implemented a map zone like they did in WoT, but even that proved to be good / bad.

Anyways 🙂 my involvement is limited now in terms of clan leadership, i'm just enjoying the games i'm playing lol 

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
2019/8/29 に 午後5時39分 に、GOMBEE8626 の発言:

It's funny that your elder sister (WoT) never really have a problem with this.

Administrator
373 posts
1 hour ago, spixys said:

It's funny that your elder sister (WoT) never really have a problem with this.

Well captain.. there's an old saying in my country that... Any younger brother is better than the old one 😂

We will try our best to provide better service as much as WoT does... Thank you for your understanding 🙂

[BONED]
[BONED]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,082 battles
7 hours ago, tc1259 said:

I wish I could tell you more, we've always even as far back as World of Tanks early days had a window period for clan battles. there is logic to it! 

But with the small amount of players here in Australia / New Zealand, it simply doesn't add up to increase the time zone, putting the balance off of and potentially affecting a larger number of players. 

It would be nice if they implemented a map zone like they did in WoT, but even that proved to be good / bad.

Anyways 🙂 my involvement is limited now in terms of clan leadership, i'm just enjoying the games i'm playing lol 

Bwahahah, yeah I could relate to that too mate. I help out the clan I'm in but I also am busy with another clan on the EU server. However I've been finding more Aussies on the US and EU than the SEA server, and I'm scratching my head a little. Where's the logic in that? lol. 

Don't get me wrong, World of Tanks had done it quite well for what they do but it would be great to see WoWS would have something else in mind. 

I don't think we have a small community, its a bit too diverse considering with the options we have and the choices given. But you're right in saying we do have so many games to chose from though as well, all of them are worth but its only a matter of time in how we spend our free time on it.

Sign in to follow this