Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

What happened to Indomitable?

18 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
2,225 posts
11,799 battles

I saw her only twice during her live testing, and I have never seen her again since then. I also checked her detailed records on Asia server, and she has  over 70k less battles than Graf Zeppelin (the 2nd least played post-rework CV).

https://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/3762272208,Indomitable/

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles

Became...

Domitable. (Bad pun! whack! Bad pun!)

Realistically? RN CVs are meh and the current AA doesn't do it any good.

• Funny 5

4,545 posts
8,644 battles

Was the ship even released? I don't even remember lol

[MRI]
3,461 posts
14,902 battles

Still stuck in development hell.

Frankly this is for the best. The AA rework is still ongoing so WG probably won't release it until the situation stabilises a bit. Hopefully they learnt their lesson that it is not a good idea to sell Premium CVs when their balancing clearly isn't complete. The same will probably apply to Ark Royal.

3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Afaik, no. If she was, she went completely under my radar rofl.

Edited by Thyaliad

[FORCE]
2,225 posts
11,799 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Became...

Domitable. (Bad pun! whack! Bad pun!)

Realistically? RN CVs are meh and the current AA doesn't do it any good.

Terrible rockets, bombs that can barely pen, and weaker torps than the others make them criminally underpowered.

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

That's what I'm wondering. This ship disappears faster than the other unreleased ships.

4,545 posts
8,644 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Still stuck in development hell

More like 'development's Davy Jones' locker'

Or 'developer's locker' if you want to shorten it.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,287 posts
10,873 battles

Indomitable was the premium ship I was most excited about this year.  I was looking forward to her being released at about the same time as the RN CV line was introduced, as no doubt was the original intention.  Unfortunately WG struggled to get the balance right, and when they got pretty close in 0.8.3 they then introduced the engine boost change, which affected the Indomitable far more than other ships (with the exception of the GZ).  At that point I am assuming she was shelved while they worked out what to do with her, and then with the current AA rework she will no doubt remaining on the shelf and not being even looked at by WG.

Once the AA rework is finished, and WG feel they have the balance somewhere near what they want, that is when they are likely to start work on Indomitable again.  It will need a significant rebalance from it's last known state.  So likely 0.8.8 would be when they may start working on it, and I would estimate it will likely take another couple of patches to get a version they feel comfortable with releasing.  So 0.8.10 (November) is likely the earliest we will see her, and it could well be later.

This all makes me a bit sad about this ship I have looked forward to for a long time - I just hope they retain the speed that it was based around.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Indomitable was the premium ship I was most excited about this year.  I was looking forward to her being released at about the same time as the RN CV line was introduced, as no doubt was the original intention.  Unfortunately WG struggled to get the balance right, and when they got pretty close in 0.8.3 they then introduced the engine boost change, which affected the Indomitable far more than other ships (with the exception of the GZ).  At that point I am assuming she was shelved while they worked out what to do with her, and then with the current AA rework she will no doubt remaining on the shelf and not being even looked at by WG.

Once the AA rework is finished, and WG feel they have the balance somewhere near what they want, that is when they are likely to start work on Indomitable again.  It will need a significant rebalance from it's last known state.  So likely 0.8.8 would be when they may start working on it, and I would estimate it will likely take another couple of patches to get a version they feel comfortable with releasing.  So 0.8.10 (November) is likely the earliest we will see her, and it could well be later.

This all makes me a bit sad about this ship I have looked forward to for a long time - I just hope they retain the speed that it was based around.

For what I see WG been doing with Indomitable is constantly twerk and dissemble it again and again. Because it only have 2 thing to bring to table : rocket and bomb ( somehow they rekt the bomb in RN so it take like century to hit ) The ship is hilarious lacking in current meta. 

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,759 posts
13,677 battles

you asked for Indomitable instead asking for Yahagi that ship has passed away for over 6 months?

kappa

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,566 posts
40,353 battles

some in Lesta Studio

On 7/21/2019 at 9:06 AM, MatterCore said:

BB Slava

BB Thunderer

BB Ohio

BB California

BB Viribus Unitis

CA Bennus ?

BC Siegfried

CL Colbert

CL Smolensk

CA Genova

CL Yahagi

DD Somers

DD Hayate

DD Paolo Emilio

DD Marceau

DD Friesland

DD Yuudachi

DD Leone

CV Indomitable

CV Ark Royal 

[FORCE]
2,225 posts
11,799 battles
1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

you asked for Indomitable instead asking for Yahagi that ship has passed away for over 6 months?

kappa

I saw someone asked about Yahagi on another thread. So....

Indomitable on the other hand, I thought they would have released that ship during RN CV arc.

[MRI]
3,461 posts
14,902 battles
13 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Terrible rockets, bombs that can barely pen, and weaker torps than the others make them criminally underpowered.

To be fair though their torps are not that bad. Their torps have very quick aiming which allows torp bombers to do some nifty turns during attack runs. I actually rate the torps to be better the USN and about on par with IJN.

The rockets suck though except for the Audacious. Level bombers are great at starting fires on BBs but not much else too.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

To be fair though their torps are not that bad. Their torps have very quick aiming which allows torp bombers to do some nifty turns during attack runs. I actually rate the torps to be better the USN and about on par with IJN.

Yes. That I have to completely agree. It means it is a very good line to use for training your aiming skills. I started out retraining with the Fast and Furious. However, once you graduate n00bschool and start IJN, the RN torpedoes i) lack punch ii) travel slow iii) risk/reward ratio is poor given the slow speed of planes.

For starting fires, USN DBs are still better imo. Better to get hits than the RN ones. Put it this way, the RN DBs have chance to fire, but poor penetration, and is subjected to a lot of RNG hits. USN ones have less hits, but you can land those hits better AND if you don't start fire, there is a better chance of causing damage.

PS:

Also:

InDeDryDock.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[FORCE]
2,225 posts
11,799 battles
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

The rockets suck though except for the Audacious. Level bombers are great at starting fires on BBs but not much else too.

The torps have good aiming, but at T8 less payload than Lexington & less total damage than Shokaku. The rockets suck that I have to resort to carpet bomb the DDs and hope the DDs won't steer out from the dropping points. And yeah those RN CVs rely on RNG to spam flood & fire damage.

Sign in to follow this