Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[WoWS new news] No. 13&14 - MOAR new ships and camos *sigh* - 4-turret Alaska

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles

No news on Yahagi, Unitis, how to get Thunderer, Hayate and Siegfried???

But more new premiums, one is a T10, even. And Marceau is neither a name of T-47 or T-53-class ships. What. The. Heck.

*long sigh*

 

New Camos for ships that carried Oskar/Unsinkable Sam.

 

Four-turreted Alaska has finaly arrived! And another paper ship.

 

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
607
[BLESS]
Member
1,153 posts
10,324 battles

Some people prefer N.Mex to Colorado, so I guess a N.Mex upgraded to T7 might appeal to them.

On the bigger picture though, this firehose of premium content needs to be brought under control. I know, it's what brings in revenue, but the game is already suffering from sprawl.

PS I know most people get N.Cal and don't look back, but... as someone who still play both Colo and N. Mex from time to time ... I prefer New York kekeke.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,567
[TLS]
Member
3,931 posts
19,965 battles

If I said French DDs are like a brick with rockets, then T7 and below USN BBs are like a boat of bricks. Without the rockets. If I want to play a boat of bricks, I would Ctrl+F4 and then walk out the door and out into the sunshine and go and find some good bricks. 

But yes, the content sprawl is ridiculous. I will repeat what I have said in the past: this much content means cash flow problems. The news is that we would likely not see these ships until next year given the typical release timeline. 

Also, the cat should have been a captain rather than a camo. Special skill, -100% detonation. Drakon would love it. I believe Isoroku is helming my Harugumo with great effectiveness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[TLS]
Member
62 posts
23,123 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

PS I know most people get N.Cal and don't look back, but... as someone who still play both Colo and N. Mex from time to time ... I prefer New York kekeke.

Love the USS New York and also hated em for a long time~

Because can carry in typical T5/6 MM (except if there is seal clubber on another side of the team) and...

hate it because blab you rendered helplessly especially when using CA in T7 Operation : Narai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,127
[FORCE]
Member
2,191 posts
11,654 battles

I might like California because I find those compact hull BBs interesting.

But why did they name that French one, Marceau though? I mean that name reminds me of Electra King (yes I am sort of an old fart).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles
34 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

 

But why did they name that French one, Marceau though? I mean that name reminds me of Electra King (yes I am sort of an old fart).

Looks like a T-47 or T-53 design. So many names to choose from and yet they picked a pre-dreadnought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

But yes, the content sprawl is ridiculous.

WG: "Our vision is to bring every and all warships served in WW1, WW2, the designs of ships in that era and more into the game."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,028
[MRI]
Member
3,440 posts
14,831 battles

Lol at the cat camo. I guess WG took inspiration from the Harekaze's Isoroku camo. :cat_cool:

5 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Some people prefer N.Mex to Colorado, so I guess a N.Mex upgraded to T7 might appeal to them.

Heh I am one of them. I loved my New Mexico and disliked the Colorado.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[SALT]
Member
2,016 posts
10,542 battles

 

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Looks like a T-47 or T-53 design. So many names to choose from and yet they picked a pre-dreadnought.

Marceau is actual French DD name though. a Z-31 Destroyer seized as war loot served under the same name

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[LGND]
Member
487 posts
12,393 battles

instead WeeVee 44 you gave player Hotel California 44 ?
this is so sad... 

 

Edited by Gesterbein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles
32 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

instead WeeVee 44 you gave player Hotel California 44 ?
this is so sad...

You can check out any time you like,

But you can NEVER leaveeeeeeeee

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
659
[SMOKE]
Member
1,820 posts
15,608 battles

to me the camouflage , more of them are getting long in the tooth ; it does very little to customize the ships as it should be ; what camouflage need is some variety in actually delivering more battle advantage , not just economy .. the always -3% detection range and +4% enemy shell dispersion is pretty useless when everyone equips. what we should have is a family of camouflage specifically for large ships ( say the large patch of white on German BB / BC 's bow and stern , but proven of little use for smaller ship ) and also camouflage that work specifically for smaller ships ( say the all off white paint job on German smaller vessels serving in  North Sea and Baring Sea ) and while they should still give the default -3/+4 % advantage to other class, should give a measurable advantage of a difference to their tailored target class of ships ...  

 

and yet more Premium that practically break the game balance again .... yeah what a way to further discourage people from actually playing and actually shelve out money for the game ; no your money would only give you a ship that's guaranteed to be out done by that next Premium they offer ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles

You have to think about the 3d modelers and history researchers WG employ. Making new ships/skins is their job. It's good to see them making doing good job with these ship models.

 

The balans department, on the other hand, aren't showing that they're doing much work. I think because balans issues only showing themselves over a very long period of time, and they need to analyze and asset the spreadsheets to come up with the (often not) correct solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
607
[BLESS]
Member
1,153 posts
10,324 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

You have to think about the 3d modelers and history researchers WG employ. Making new ships/skins is their job. It's good to see them making doing good job with these ship models.

The balans department, on the other hand, aren't showing that they're doing much work. I think because balans issues only showing themselves over a very long period of time, and they need to analyze and asset the spreadsheets to come up with the (often not) correct solutions.

Each new ship introduced into the game piles more work onto the spreadsheet&balans department. It's not like the two are unrelated.

Though to be honest, my problem with sprawl is not so much game balance, but game play. Learning the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy ships is an important part of playing well, but the more ships there are in the game the more onerous that job becomes. I can already feel I'm starting to lose interest. Where is Azuma's citadel? What is Benham's concealment? Mogador's torpedo range? With another two dozen planned ships on the horizon, I'm just not able to care about these basic things anymore.

You know, fine: fill out the Italian tech tree. British heavy cruisers if you must. IJN light cruiser line. But at that point they should probably call it quits.

Otherwise at the rate we are going we'll be fighting Polish aircraft carriers in 2022.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles
7 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Each new ship introduced into the game piles more work onto the spreadsheet&balans department. It's not like the two are unrelated.

They aren't related. But one department is overperforming while the other is lagging so far behind.

 

7 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

 Otherwise at the rate we are going we'll be fighting Polish aircraft carriers in 2022.

I actually look forward to see Swedish CV designs in WW2 :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles

Four-turreted Alaska has finaly arrived! And another paper ship.

No news on Yahagi, Unitis, how to get Thunderer, Hayate and Siegfried?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[-ISO-]
Member
1,054 posts
6,286 battles

Poltava looks so UP in terms of firepower. I mean 3x3 356 with 30s reload? That's horrible. But who cares? Russians have the best angling quality anyway. 

About Yahagi and Viribus Unitis..... Well it looks like there's literally no one in the HQ that gives a sh1t about them. WG really neglects low tier premiums nowadays. They do have brains tho. It's just that 80% of it is full of money when it came to releasing pretty much every contents.

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
Member
541 posts
6,731 battles
On 8/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, Paladinum said:

You can check out any time you like,

But you can NEVER leaveeeeeeeee

Welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely place with unforgettable girls and daisy dudes with bikinis on top.

Even if its on a dark desert highway, their sunkissed skin is so hot it will melt your popsicle.

:Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Poltava looks so UP in terms of firepower. I mean 3x3 356 with 30s reload? That's horrible. But who cares? Russians have the best angling quality anyway. 

About Yahagi and Viribus Unitis..... Well it looks like there's literally no one in the HQ that gives a sh1t about them. WG really neglects low tier premiums nowadays. They do have brains tho. It's just that 80% of it is full of money when it came to releasing pretty much every contents.

I'm guessing Yahagi and VU are waiting for the correct time to release. I'm guessing VU won't be touched upon until the Pan EU nation is released.

 

That being said... Hill, Sirocco, Bayard, California, Poltava, Exeter.... WG hasn't completely neglected the tiers below 9 or 10. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles
16 minutes ago, TD1 said:

That being said... Hill, Sirocco, Bayard, California, Poltava, Exeter.... WG hasn't completely neglected the tiers below 9 or 10. 

You do make a fair point.

More like, the sudden "surge" (or "overflow") of T9-10 ships in a rather short period of time makes people think that WG neglected the lower tiers.

The frequency of new prem low/mid-tier ships doesn't seem to be much more than usual, before the high-tier freemium train (started with Musashi/Kronstadt I think) left the construction yard.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[-ISO-]
Member
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, TD1 said:

I'm guessing Yahagi and VU are waiting for the correct time to release. I'm guessing VU won't be touched upon until the Pan EU nation is released.

Yahagi already have the place she deserved in Japanese tech tree. Why the hell WG didn't released it yet? Is there another Japanese event coming soon?

WG won't stop releasing Premium ships with those events and new currencies are they?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,751 posts
13,626 battles

nobody : I need Azuma T10

WG : we will add torpedo on Azuma and rename to Yoshino at T10

=====

nobody : I need Alaska T10

WG : we will add a turret on Alaska and rename to Puerto Rico at T10

Spoiler

 

=====

nobody : I need Stalingrad T9

WG 3609bcd79e6c1438712c0a0e5bdadc51.png.a32e2b98c64c31ff3185b7a8a900f613.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[SALT]
Member
2,016 posts
10,542 battles
23 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

nobody : I need Azuma T10

WG : we will add torpedo on Azuma and rename to Yoshino at T10

 

its actualy the reverse in that case lol

The original design have torps in it -

But, lets GIMP it anyway, dump to a tier lower, like usual IJN premium treatment 🤣

Edited by humusz
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,302
Member
4,499 posts
8,614 battles
1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

nobody : I need Azuma T10

WG : we will add torpedo on Azuma and rename to Yoshino at T10

=====

nobody : I need Alaska T10

WG : we will add a turret on Alaska and rename to Puerto Rico at T10

Actually, B-65 is a legit real design. But it has torps, and Azuma doesn't, so WG had to release a version with torps.

Alaska with 4-turret is also a real design, called CA-B or CA-2 or something. And some people might have suggested/mentioned it after seeing Alaska. Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Guam are names of canceled Alaska-class ships.

They can have THIS at T7/8 lol :Smile_trollface:

 

So it's not "nobody" at all :fish_book:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×