You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME (no, not the apocalypse)

87 comments in this topic

541 posts
6,731 battles

MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA... I knew this day would come. No, not the apocalypse (sorry, En-Sabah-Nur), but the day subs will finally be here.

Now, if you excuse me, neighbors are knocking. They're asking me why I'm cackling like Sima Yi loudly.

541 posts
6,731 battles
Just now, Darkworld_2015 said:

I hope they sort out the CV first before adding this. 

Well, I will keep an open mind to this new introduction.. 

Well, to the best of my knowledge, subs are nowhere near ready so we will have time to wait.

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles

NOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love the change but this ?

well let's every subs like Iona then we will have super ultra torps can one shot everything >_>

4,546 posts
8,644 battles

ANYWAY

Still no news about Viribus Unitis and Yahagi, nothing on how to get Siegfried, Thunderer and Hayate, but this.

This is important to WG.

:Smile_facepalm: 

• Cool 1

459 posts
4,576 battles

Does that mean new consumable: Depth Charges for DDs soon? Very interested to see how that pans out.

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Cool 1

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
1 minute ago, LonerPrime said:

Does that mean new consumable: Depth Charges for DDs soon? Very interested on how that pans out.

Enemy DDs use depth charges in Halloween 2018... Kinda ineffective imo

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,127 posts
10,907 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Still no news about Viribus Unitis and Yahagi, nothing on how to get Siegfried, Thunderer and Hayate, but this.

This is important to WG.

:Smile_facepalm: 

Agreed, and still has a lot of balancing needed, but this? :Smile_facepalm: Its too soon.

13 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Does that mean new consumable: Depth Charges for DDs soon? Very interested on how that pans out.

They did tested it in the Scenario, and DD's drop depth charge to hunt SS. BB for sure will not have this. CA and CL might have depth charge and hedgehog (US cruisers are unknown since they dont have torpedoes to start with).

Friseland has anti-sub rockets, soo......... :Smile_unsure:

CV gets "the 4th one" planes to hunt SS. Japan looses their dive bombers in exchange for kamikaze tactic at T6. (Its just a funny thought. Its not an intentional idea nor a suggestion.):Smile_hiding:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
3,461 posts
14,902 battles

Doubt it will go swimmingly from the WoWs community. Just look at the CV hate.

13 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Big question is how will CAs and BBs be able to handle subs. Only DDs and CLs carried anti-sub weapons irl. Planes have air-dropped depth charges so CVs should be fine if those are introduced.

People are already complaining about being defenceless against CVs (despite the existence of AA) so it would be funny to see how CAs and BBs will react when they don't even have a weapon system to deal with subs 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,568 posts
40,356 battles
18 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Does that mean new consumable: Depth Charges for DDs soon? Very interested to see how that pans out.

its not consumables, its like the third ammo >> CVs got 3, Rocket Torpedo Bomb

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
6 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

People are already complaining about being defenceless against CVs (despite the existence of AA) so it would be funny to see how CAs and BBs will react when they don't even have a weapon system to deal with subs 

WELL THEN PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE DESTROYERS MORE!!!

#makeDDsgreatagain

[-CAT-]
2,127 posts
10,907 battles
23 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

its not consumables, its like the third ammo >> CVs got 3, Rocket Torpedo Bomb

I prefer to see it as automatic weapon like how the secondaries or AA work. Once detected depth charge starts to do their work. Fire and forget.

Remember, submaries have limited time in their submerged form and will need to surface. Once in the surface, her only defence against surface ships is her main gun and torpedo, in which her main gun could act as a secondary wepon, and her torpedos needs to be aimed to be effective. (It becomes like a TD in WOT) Subs will have to wait for a period of time to be able to submerge again.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,568 posts
40,356 battles
23 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I prefer to see it as automatic weapon like how the secondaries or AA work. Once detected depth charge starts to do their work. Fire and forget.

a part of Naval warfare

On 6/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, MatterCore said:

Anti Submarines warfare :fish_haloween:

Untitled.jpg

back to 2015, >>> turn on subtitles <<<

Edited by MatterCore

[-BRO-]
511 posts
11,909 battles

I for one am looking forward to submarines, from what I remember of the scenario mode they were quite fun. Although I wonder how they will handle the submarines speed. Most did only 20kts on the surface and quite a bit less submerged with a few German boats being the exception. We probably just need to wait and see how they decide to go with them.

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Surface ships vs surface ships: normal day in the office

Surface ships vs surface ships and aircrafts: attention split into two

Surface ships vs surface ships and aircrafts and subs: attention split into three

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
2,675 posts
12,106 battles

"it became clear that our players are highly interested in submarines and we should be engaged in full development."

...Were we interested though?

I mean, sure, it was fun, in its own operation and not playing with or against in the game proper, but does being interested in that mean we are interested in having them in the game proper?

I mean, I enjoyed the event, but I still don't want to see subs in game. Does anyone else have that sentiment? Just me? Oh well, guess I'll adapt.

I think this is just further evidence that WG is both running out of ideas and feeling pressure to constantly deliver new content...probably from their own executives, I don't think the players are really crying out for more content.

I think it really is a bit much for WG to push this with the CV rework still an issue... 

Although... From what we saw in Terror of the Deep, subs will probably be easier to balance than CVs.

The scariest thing subs could be is basically underwater DDs. But if WG do it right, DDs should still be faster and have better spotting range than subs. SUBS SHOULD NOT HAVE BETTER SPOTTING RANGE THAN DDs. Subs should NOT be scouts.

The key to making this work would be to ensure ALL classes can still effectively counter subs based on skill. At least subs will spend most of their time on the surface within gun range.

So subs should end up as stealthy but slow assassins and harassers, who cannot spot or scout as good as DDs and CVs.

*sigh*

As long as other classes can still effectively counter them, we should be fine.

• Cool 3

[LGND]
496 posts
12,440 battles

feels de ja vu....
>community happy with the announcement
>super test server
>testing for more than a month
>forcing it to live server just because not enough data
>resulting complete disaster
>launching hot fix
>something2 balance patch
meh, this is just another disaster after complete mess in cv rework.....

• Funny 3

[CLAY]
2,675 posts
12,106 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

In the Op, depth charges were not very effective, the biggest weakness to subs, IMO, is when they run out of air and are stuck on the surface within range of guns and secondaries.