Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Captain skills for French DDs?

6 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,150 posts
10,291 battles

My Jaguar and Guepard guys have graduated to 6 points, so I'm thinking over what 3 pt skill to get. (after PT and LS)

SE doesn't seem worthwhile on the T5-7 boats. SI not too exciting without smoke or TRB. Seems like a toss up between BFT and DE, and I'm leaning DE.

CE of course to make up 10.

Would want to spec for Vauquelin. Your thoughts?

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,469 battles

SE is totally worth it in my view. Next is SI for that level.

• Cool 1

4,495 posts
8,614 battles

PT, SE, SI, BFT

Optional: AR, AFT, RPF (if you want to hunt DDs), Vigil

CE doesn't seem all that useful if you just hold down your left mouse button all the times.

SE is like the mandatory skill for any gun-capable DD, basically all DD lines besides Haru, Khaba and Shima.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,150 posts
10,291 battles
41 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

CE doesn't seem all that useful if you just hold down your left mouse button all the times.

Good point, though CE may be useful for those times you might want to stealth torp - or disengage. Though none of the 4 point skills really stand out as vital.

[SMOKE]
1,815 posts
15,568 battles

CE is vital skill for torpedo boat and SE is pretty much the same for gunboat ; SI is universally useful ; BFT and AFT for gunboat but might not need them both , its up to how you play , with DD nothing is fixed, except for some specific line like the IJN Torp vs their Gun boats , most others can be tuned one way or the other to suite a certain play style ; that though does not made them the most effective ( in term of farming damage / credit etc ) but might prove working and suiting one's own particular play style ; French DD at low to mid tier is not really much different than others except for lack of smoke so a lot of the time its about positioning , and at the high and top tier its all about gun and run 

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this