You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
brightknighteric

Chance of French destroyer containers

26 comments in this topic

8 posts
8,610 battles

Hi all, (esp game developer)

I am the player from Aisa server. Recently, I got confuse for the chance that might get the extra mission of these fresh french destroyers in premium containers. I spent quite a lot to buy these boxes(36 from online premium and 15 in game arsenal), not even included the containers that I get after accomplishing missions(21). Till now, I got only tier5-Jagur(from premium boxes) and tier6-Guepard(from mission achievement). In general, It is only 2% to get the surprise from these boxes???!!!

I don't know how to describe my feeling. But I wish to know the chance for each french destroyer(Jagur, Guepard, Vauquelin and Le Fantasque) from these premium containers. Otherwise, this "chances" might definitely defeat most of the players purchasing products from online premium shop. Because it is an ABYSS!!!

There's the proof as attach! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

Online Premium purchasing list.docx

• Cool 1

[LGND]
489 posts
12,407 battles

bruh, u already got guepard and jaguar..... why upset tho ?
beside, 2% chance for early access for upcoming line is normal.... nobody forcing you to buy premium box....
WG already generous enough, eventhough u dont get mission for upcoming line u still got plenty usefull item such as flags,camo,or premium time...

[TLS]
62 posts
23,123 battles

It is literally gambling.. with quite sad RNG(Random number generator) on your side. This people trying to avoid and complaining about this loot boxes or some said "Surprise Mechanics"

It same with my side too, 50 prem containers just to get T5 Jaguar and T6 Guepard only

Good enough some of from mission containers I ve got the T7

Some people I know spend lesser already got his La Fantastique (which ship I truly admire since they introduced French ships in WoWS)

Well I used my chance to get em but well yeah, not my luck. 

8 posts
8,610 battles
24 分鐘前,Gesterbein 說:

bruh, u already got guepard and jaguar..... why upset tho ?
beside, 2% chance for early access for upcoming line is normal.... nobody forcing you to buy premium box....
WG already generous enough, eventhough u dont get mission for upcoming line u still got plenty usefull item such as flags,camo,or premium time...

Thanks for replying, bro. I know this is quite like complaint. However, I truly wish the game developer can share the information about the chance for each tier(5-8) destroyer.

[FORCE]
2,205 posts
11,695 battles
1 hour ago, brightknighteric said:

Thanks for replying, bro. I know this is quite like complaint. However, I truly wish the game developer can share the information about the chance for each tier(5-8) destroyer.

Well even if they write down the chance in more detailed manner, they would still rig the mechanism for their own profit. Many other online games do this.

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,552 posts
40,177 battles

random drop = no hope, no care, no looking for . . . just leave it and focus on present

115 posts

Why would I care about a crappy T8 Frenchy when I don't even have enough time to play my Z52, Gearing, Shima, Harugumo, Yueyang, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi and Daring which are gathering barnacles in port.

Edited by ILLBBACK2604
  • Boring 4

[CLAY]
2,666 posts
12,012 battles

I’ve opened a number of the free boxes I earned through in game events. Only got Jaguar.

Wg have come up with many new and innovative mechanics for running events and giving rewards in the past few years, And It’s good to see some standardisation. However, I really don’t like this random drop method, especially when a lot of the other missions can only be completed by the ‘dropped’ boats. I liked what they did with the UK CVs, use the event currency to buy the ships.

Of course, I can’t complain much about the chance of the free containers, they’re free. I don’t buy the premium containers because I don’t like the RNG, but when I do buy something for a specific reason, and in this case I would only buy these containers because I want one of the early access ships, I want to be sure I get what I wanted.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,666 posts
12,012 battles
2 minutes ago, ILLBBACK2604 said:

Why would I care about a crappy T8 Frenchy when I don't even have enough time to play my Z52, Gearing, Shima, Harugumo, Yueyang, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi and Daring which are gathering barnacles in port.

Why would you even comment on it if you don’t care? Clearly some other people do care about it.

And TBH, it’s not even really about the French boats, it’s about the loot box drop chance. By saying you don’t care, you contribute to the idea that the community do not care about WG’s lootbox practices.

• Funny 4

[SMOKE]
1,831 posts
15,667 battles

It might not be very fun to hear this but I am against any of these gambling mechanism ; still I open all the in game earn nominal French container and I got my T5 & T6 French DD. Like wise in the last event I open all my in game earn container and got none of the Soviet BB ... I am ok with that but that clearly tells ; its a roll of dice OK if you choose to gamble on it you had to take it the way it is .. Its gambling alright and you jusy had to take it win or lost ( or rather in this case its win and not winning )

115 posts
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Why would you even comment on it if you don’t care? Clearly some other people do care about it.

And TBH, it’s not even really about the French boats, it’s about the loot box drop chance. By saying you don’t care, you contribute to the idea that the community do not care about WG’s lootbox practices.

Oh I do care that's why I refuse to pay for Containers. Free Exp every day.

• Cool 1

459 posts
4,576 battles

Never pay for RNG. It's the biggest greatest scam game companies ever invented to feed your addiction tendencies. And free containers of WG are bait. With every opening you will get more and more pissed and want to buy the premium one hoping that will change your luck.

No, just no. Don't do it. Walk away. Only pay for things that guarantee you will get what you want.

• Cool 4

[MRI]
3,450 posts
14,846 battles

One thing to note is WG's lootboxes don't seem to have RNG protection. So a 2% chance will always be a 2% chance, the drop chance will never increase with each failure unlike some other games. It is truly RNG.

I remember Notser complaining about this in the RN DD event. Iirc he got 3 of the DDs relatively early, but the last one just did not drop despite opening over 100 boxes. For myself I did not get a single RN DD from any of the free crates. For this event I got the Jaguar and Guepard, and I consider myself lucky.

Anyway just take this as a lesson learnt and not gamble with lootboxes in future.

• Cool 1

401 posts
3,047 battles

Seems like the probability of getting ship missions in free containers are just as rare as getting a supercontainer drop, it could happen in the next 10 crates you open or a 100 or even more. I was lucky to get Acasta and Icarus in RN DD event but the french event has just been a big disappointment so far. Judging by the reviews of premium container buyers, RNG hasn't been very favorable to them either so gambling on early access ship missions is off the table for me! 

hfc9ch6acur01.jpg

[OZPRT]
20 posts

didn't buy any premium box. got t5 box in the 2nd container. nothing else ever since... it is fairly obviously after the 1st ship..chance become very slim...rigged?

4,520 posts
8,627 battles

People in this thread and their gambler's fallacy.

The more you open the more the chance gets closer to 2%, not " it must be 2 in every 100". Basically averaging out toward the 2%.

You have better times if you work for the perma camos and the incoming captain than the "chance" to get a mission for a free ship.

My drop rate has... dropped significantly (no pun intended) for this event than RN DD and Rus BB ones. In those, I got ALL T5 to T7 ships. This one just the T5.

If it's just a chance may as well ignore its existence. Hoard Coal, Steel and FXP instead.

Edited by Paladinum

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,634 posts
17,863 battles

isnt it good that other companies  are talking about banning loot boxes as it is a form of gambling  and the chance to win is so very low.

459 posts
4,576 battles
1 hour ago, Kimberley8 said:

didn't buy any premium box. got t5 box in the 2nd container. nothing else ever since... it is fairly obviously after the 1st ship..chance become very slim...rigged?

You at least got 1. I have played almost all events and to this date I may have earned 10 to 20 free containers in each event and NONE- I repeat NONE of them dropped any ship missions for me. I kid you not, when people say "It's just a roll of bad RNG", they aren't wrong. Some get it, most don't. I personally don't care. Sure I'll open free stuff but sure as heck not paying to spin the bottle.

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Cool 2

[LYNMS]
1,104 posts
19,823 battles

i got jaguar and guepard, i didn't pay a cent so no complain here

also as a responsible adult i don't care what lootbox, i don't i won't spend any money on them and that's the way it is

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
209 posts

Luck in randomness...or if the ships love you. :fish_cute_2: 

I was not so lucky with the Christmas/New Year Gift crates 2018 and the Benham event. BUT this French DD Event must love me. I bought 5 premium crates and got the DD T7 Vauquelin. BUT the rest, from DD T5 Jaguar to DD T8 Le Fantasque, I got from the French event reward/ordinary crates!:cap_happy: Then DD T9 Mogador, on my 3rd try at the armory. :cat_cool:

Beta Tester
956 posts
20,628 battles

Lol surprise mechanics... Your surprised because you didnt get the ships.... 

[ZEST]
408 posts

5 分鐘前,66wp 說:

Actually, not the container's or WG's mistake, btw These ships will all be in the tech tree.

and this is not "pay2win"

on the other hand, "random french ship mission"  is kind of EXTRA DROP, 

not as simple as other items, it should have a very little drop rate to encourage people to try their luck.

I know you may be confused about the drop rate,

Usually, the special item drop rate will depend on the price of the container and the number of the total items in a container, and normally the drop rate will be 0.5%-3%.

for example, in CSGO, the drop rate for a knife is 0.21% (ST knife is 0.0041%), and the covert item is 0.57%(ST covert item is 0.021%).700522000_QQ20190815193137.png.b5085eeb3f6d15e7bbe116fce90576c5.png

But whatever, your luck is the most important in the open loot box system.

this is also same as in-game Super container. If you are lucky enough, you can get 2/3 per day (my clan member rly did this)

if not (maybe someone like me), 1 per month seems fair.

Anyway, I don't encourage any of my clan member or friends to buy premium containers for "credit french destroyers", coz It's actually not worth.

Good  Luck captain. 

I copied my post to you, my bro.