Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[POLL] Ottoman Empire/Turkey - Pan-EU or Pan-Asian?

Ottoman Empire/Turkey - Pan-EU or Pan-Asian?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Ottoman Empire/Turkey - Pan-EU or Pan-Asian?

• European
    • Asian

9 comments in this topic

4,532 posts
8,629 battles

The question will be repeated an absurd number of times.

Turkey has always been the middle of the two continents (that have no clearly defined boundary whatsoever), and no one seems to agree on which side the bird sits its feathery behind on.

The Ottoman Empire had most if not all of their ships made in Europe. I mean, many Pan-Asian ships are made in the West too, but at least the nations in the "nation" are clearly in Asia.

About me...

Spoiler

I'm inclined to make the bird sits on Europe.

[-ISO-]
1,058 posts
6,286 battles

Turkish did have some ww1 warships but most of them were  built in German if not England.

[FORCE]
2,212 posts
11,736 battles

I'd say the Ottoman Empire/Turkey is technically an Asian country. Most of its core territories were centered around the Middle East, and its dominion around the Balkans were quite temporary. It's just that Turkey that has been leaning to Europe in the last few decades which makes the country seems European, along with its attempt to join the EU.

580 posts
1,636 battles

Turkey was part of European theater in WWI and WWII

Edited by tsuenwan

[MRI]
3,453 posts
14,859 battles

Whie technically an Asian country, its history and politics have always been linked to Europe.

So I would say Pan-European.

Also when people say Asia what they usually think of are the Oriental nations plus South Asia/South East Asia. Not really Turkey.

[SALT]
2,019 posts
10,542 battles

Turkey political sphere is always europe centric.

If geographical is an issue, 3/4 of russia landmass is in asia lol. But we all know mother russia is always part of western power

[-CAT-]
2,104 posts
10,848 battles

Turkey counts themselves as European Centric. Same as Russia. Both countries are trans-contiental countries eventhough a large part of their land mass is in Asia, they both count themselves as European.

1/3 of Turkey and Russia is in Europe, and 2/3 is in Asia.

Moscow is in Europe, as Russia uses Ural Mountains and River as point of divide between Europe and Asia. Istanbul however is divided by the Bosphorus Straight. Half in Asia and half in Europe. Hence Istanbul is counted as a trans-continental city.

For Part 1 and Part 3 please watch his video. 🙂 Credits goes to Kento Bento.
This is by no means a concrete way to use as border line between Asia and Europe. It is only used as a way to draw a line for border since most of them are disputed depending on location.

For World of Warships, I can think of 2 things:

1. Two separate ships representing Pan-Asia and Pan Europe (like Boise and Nueve de Julio).
     Rio de Janeiro, Sultan Osman-ı Evvel, HMS Agincourt will be very interesting here.

or

2. One ship but has both gimmick. Deep Water torpedo and Pan-Europe consumable or Pan-Europe torpedo and Pan-Asia consumable.
     Switching modules will also switch her consumables.

This will be an interesting ship.

Edited by S0und_Theif

4,532 posts
8,629 battles
3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

1. Two separate ships representing Pan-Asia and Pan Europe (like Boise and Nueve de Julio).

Forgot this even exists in the game. Thanks for the reminder.

HMS Agincourt

I'd like to think that people will want the RN version as well for this ship. And the Commonwealth (Australian) version.

This will be an interesting ship.

Interesting indeed.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this