You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Panzerwaffe_Invasion

Losses, losses and more god damned losses

42 comments in this topic

2 posts
161 battles

So I started playing this game about a month ago and really enjoyed it, until the past 2 days. I have no clue what happened, but all of a sudden I have been bumped from a nice 50-60% WR all the way down to a miserable 49% in the span of 4 hours of playing. I swear I have raged at this game more than any other game I've played. It doesn't matter whether I'm doing a ton of damage or being killed in the first 5 minutes of the game, the result is always a loss. Sure there is the occasional victory, but it is one hell of a frustrating game to play when you lose the next 6 matches. Yeah one month is nothing compared to the years of experience others have but my heart cannot take this abuse, probably going to uninstall if this this continues.

• Boring 1

[CLAY]
2,665 posts
12,012 battles

If I had to guess, you’ve graduated from the newbie matchmaker, where you’re against other new players and bots, and joined the ranks of everyone else, where your skills are sub par against more experienced players.

Welcome to the hell the rest of us deal with.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MD]
[MD]
564 posts
2,907 battles
2 hours ago, Panzerwaffe_Invasion said:

So I started playing this game about a month ago and really enjoyed it, until the past 2 days. I have no clue what happened, but all of a sudden I have been bumped from a nice 50-60% WR all the way down to a miserable 49% in the span of 4 hours of playing. I swear I have raged at this game more than any other game I've played. It doesn't matter whether I'm doing a ton of damage or being killed in the first 5 minutes of the game, the result is always a loss. Sure there is the occasional victory, but it is one hell of a frustrating game to play when you lose the next 6 matches. Yeah one month is nothing compared to the years of experience others have but my heart cannot take this abuse, probably going to uninstall if this this continues.

Welcome to the salty seas with real salty mens, captain!

On a serious note, yes this game is hard as steel if you just got into new things. As myself is newbie captain like you, i always met this 'Defeat, Defeat, Defeat' phase. But trust me, overtime you will adjust and magically the WR starts to go up!

Sometimes you've just need to take a break to clear your stress, like drink a warm coffee. Get back later and you will play the game better.

That's it, and Wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas 😄

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 2

[TF44]
107 posts
11,354 battles

I see from your stats that you've just reached tier V. That's the point at which you start to face players two tiers above you. Your learning curve just got steep.

Relatively few players Seal Club in WoWS (compared to other games) as the economics aren't rewarding. But at tier V you're now suddenly meeting players with vastly more experience than those you've been playing against. People with thousands of games under their belts in many ships, national lines and types.

Many will be playing tier V at the moment simply to help complete come missions from the current French DD event. It won't always be this harsh. 

And don't get too attached to the idea that you'll repeat those stats you managed in tiers II-IV. I.e., I was a mid-60s winrate player in WoTB, but here I just scrape into the bottom of the 50s. 49 ain't so bad once you realise that this game is 'balanced' differently from other games. 

Don't uninstall yet. Watch some youtubers and learn some more about some of the game's mechanics. Also, you've apparently played 99% of your games in German ships. From tier V the character of different national lines becomes more defined. Experienced players will be exploiting their ship's strengths and characteristics against the limitations of your German ships, while you've yet to learn much about you opponent's ships. Yep, the learning curve just got steeper, which makes the game interesting.

Good luck and have fun.

• Cool 5

[-BRO-]
511 posts
11,890 battles

If you read these forums for very long you'll realise that even the very experienced and gud players will have similar salt and rage inducing times in this game. Some more so than others, and some wearing tin foil hats of delusion. It sends other wise sane people into fits of craziness at times.

My suggesting is to find a part of the game that is fun that you can return to in times of saltiness. I'll return to lower tier ships or other ships that I really like, scenario mode (for when you get tier VI  ships) or even co-op for some easier games. For you perhaps go back and play some of your older ships you still have around.

It's not always easy, especially when you're grinding something in particular, you want to complete something but the game throws (insert annoying thing here) in your way. Value your sanity over grinding whatever the latest thing is.

Failing that a break from the game is the only real cure.

• Cool 2

[KAMI]
1,503 posts
12,419 battles

Welcome to the beginning of Hell!

You will get more salty as you play more and more

You will learn some of the cheesy tactics people used so you can use it on others 

Dont quit now 😄

[OAKUM]
2,104 posts
15,812 battles

There is also an 'anti-god' called RNGesus, he is the personification of mischief, he makes our guns fire bananas, enhances enemy ships armour at random, making them impossible to sink even at point blank range, & also possibly causes game glitches, so a vital torpedo or citadel shot misses, or the game magically hangs....

He is an evil god, & an endless amount of sacrifices won't even placate him...

Welcome to the world of unprotected MM.....

:fish_viking:

Ordrazz

• Cool 3

4,516 posts
8,621 battles

Being salty is the path, nay, the requirement of becoming a true sea captain, or any seaman in general. Even in a video game.

Welcome to the one true meat of the game.

Also don't count on weekend players.

Edited by Paladinum

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,331 posts
26,048 battles

iirc the first 150 games for new players is protected MM, I.E you face actual WG bots. welcome out of the kiddie pool 

401 posts
3,047 battles

Brace yourselves, this isn't going to get any better. The higher you progress, the more frustrating the teamplay becomes.   Though, you can try out new lines and different ship types to keep things interesting. Play CVs (don't listen to the haters, they're actually fun) or DDs if you prefer a more passive approach! 

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,095 posts
20,362 battles
7 hours ago, Panzerwaffe_Invasion said:

My best advice is to go to play on the NA server where the skill 9f the average player is much lower. You can maintain a win rate of 60% on that server even when playing with your eyes closed. 

Edited by LordTyphoon
  • Funny 2

[FORCE]
2,202 posts
11,695 battles

Having losing streak is common. Someone actually posted 15 losing streaks few days ago. And the median WR in this server is 48% according to some veterans here, so 49% is still somewhat good.

213 posts
9,985 battles
3 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

My best advice is to go to play on the NA server where the skill 9f the average player is much lower. You can maintain a win rate of 60% on that server even when playing with your eyes closed. 

I did wonder. Most of the CCs posting their epic games play on NA, EU, or if they want easy mode RU.

Is Asia the most hardcore highest skilled server? Cos when I watch flambass etc, they are more skilled than me, but they also get more red potatoes in a match than I see in a week.

[KAMI]
1,503 posts
12,419 battles
38 minutes ago, MeglaGnome said:

Is Asia the most hardcore highest skilled server? Cos when I watch flambass etc, they are more skilled than me, but they also get more red potatoes in a match than I see in a week.

people always say : There will always be a asian that is better than you

4 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

MMMM considering but downloading another 70gb ,,, :x

• Funny 1

[SALT]
2,018 posts
10,542 battles

You lose 6 times but still playing?

Spreadsheet say you are happy, and the matchmaking is fine

If you unhappy why you still playing? :Smile_trollface:

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,331 posts
26,048 battles
5 hours ago, MeglaGnome said:

yes, in asia even the potatos knows to angle and kite, on NA and EU you have people who still think crossing the T is a good idea at T10

• Funny 4

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,331 posts
26,048 battles
4 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

MMMM considering but downloading another 70gb ,,, :x

there's a a region changer mod

Edited by drakon233

[KAMI]
1,503 posts
12,419 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

there's a a region changer mod

ah that tool

thanks for saying it

[POI]
968 posts
10,423 battles
1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe_Invasion said:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Knowing that others are going through the same thing is somewhat encouraging (in an odd way).

No worries mate. When I first playing this game, I thought those bots were humans and actually tried to talk to them! 

And yeah when first played against human players it took me quite long to actually learnt how to play properly.

Watch some tutorial videos from YouTube, those like Notser, iChase are good in teaching basics. May watch Flamu earlier commentary videos in why and what he did on certain situations. MightyJinggles.. Well, he is more of "learning while entertaining yourself“ type, maybe after you get more familiar with the game mechanics, you will find this grey bearded man's videos informative. 

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
4,725 posts
10,726 battles

Problem with players are lose without a try to fight back are absolutely stupid

[FORCE]
2,202 posts
11,695 battles
On 8/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, MeglaGnome said:

I tried some games PT server, and figured out Asia server has far more passive games than PT server (which is technically a global server). And Youtube channels like Panzerknacker rarely showcases the replays from Asia server.

Administrator
373 posts
4 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

I tried some games PT server, and figured out Asia server has far more passive games than PT server (which is technically a global server). And Youtube channels like Panzerknacker rarely showcases the replays from Asia server.

Thank you for your opinion, Sir_Feather! Interesting analysis and information 🙂

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,331 posts
26,048 battles
6 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

PT server is not a accurate representation of skill on a global level, most players just want to try new ships they have no idea how to play and the others are just there yoloing for missions

as for content creaters, there's a grand total of 5 on asia and half of them who do content in english and even they arnt even active that often , so of course the asian server isnt featured on CC channles from other servers