You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
piaya

Hybrids CVs

53 comments in this topic

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

Hybrid ships implementation

Separate tree? Hull configurations? Premium?

from reddit worldofwarthip thread

Mogami CL CV

nd8fKfo.jpg

Tone CL CV

lqbkwut.png

Ise BB CV

poRMEQJ.png

Yamato BB CV (concept)

2JhV2EP.png

4941235259_1d5b00a482.jpg

edit: 

add HMS furious 1st CV hybrid configuration

XyCaPdL.png

USN concept

800px-Flight_deck_cruiser_design_CF-2_31

dxju5_UG.jpg

Edited by piaya

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Hybrid ships implementation

Separate tree? Hull configurations? Premium?

from reddit worldofwarthip thread

Mogami CL CV

nd8fKfo.jpg

Tone CL CV

lqbkwut.png

Ise BB CV

poRMEQJ.png

Yamato BB CV (concept)

2JhV2EP.png

Strongly Doubt the Devs will implement this. Having main guns and planes at the same time is very powerful in game wise. Especially with the whine CV are getting now, don't see this happening soon :honoring:

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

As far as I know, we might get this. During the Q&A sessions on the RU server forums, the devs haven't said that we'd definitely get this, but they haven't said that we'd definitely not get this either. Players have asked the devs before regarding BBVs and CAVs, and the response given suggests that they'll give the idea consideration, but nothing is concretely definite.

Though, if we do end up getting these, it would most likely be many years down the line, I don't think they're likely to be a priority. I'd assume that in the case of BBVs like Ise and Hyuuga, they would function like a normal battleship, but hitting one of the plane slots (e.g. 5/6/7 on the keyboard) opens up a head-down view. Realistically though, the aircraft aspect of BBVs would perform very poorly in game, since they performed horribly in real-life.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
2,725 posts

This is really challenging to implement, test, and balance these in the game though..... Soon™?

Controlling main guns & coordinating your air squadron? Really challenging... especially the Cruisers with its RoF! Battleships can coordinate their air squadron while waiting for 30seconds reload though....

Although the Heavy Cruiser Mogami is already implemented in the game.

Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Controlling main guns & coordinating your air squadron? Really challenging...

This means that if implemented, BBVs will be a choice for more advanced players. Ordinary players would get rekt if they attempted to play one of these, but a player with very good multitasking and micromanagement skills would be able to use them very effectively and potentially carry many of their games. In other words, this might be a play style with a high skill ceiling and multitasking ability requirement, but also a good risk-reward ratio.

A really good player would need the ability to rapidly switch between close-combat shelling and managing aircraft squadrons, plus the capability to anticipate when and where they need to use either mode, all without any delay in thought.

Edited by benlisquare

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

This means that if implemented, BBVs will be a choice for more advanced players. Ordinary players would get rekt if they attempted to play one of these, but a player with very good multitasking and micromanagement skills would be able to use them very effectively and potentially carry many of their games.

well if they do this then i'm thinking BBV will have 2 POV? the normal BB pov and CV pov?

players have to change from this 2 pov like, a lots, need to get to ''mircoskill.mp3'' level :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Controlling main guns & coordinating your air squadron? Really challenging... especially the Cruisers with its RoF! Battleships can coordinate their air squadron while waiting for 30seconds reload though....

30s?! Just look at the rage in the Feedback section. If the Current CV is already pissing so much people off, this have to had at least a 1~2 minute cool down. Personally I am fine with CV, but you know, whining is always there in a WG game :D

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

well if they do this then i'm thinking BBV will have 2 POV? the normal BB pov and CV pov?

players have to change from this 2 pov like, a lots, need to get to ''mircoskill.mp3'' level :teethhappy:

Right now when you play in CVs, you already have a ship POV when you hit shift/spacebar, you just don't have any manually controlled guns to fire. This mode is mostly for when people want to manually steer the ship (e.g. avoiding incoming torpedoes). You hit a button, and you're in a top-down view where you control your squadrons.

Based on my imagination, I'd assume that when it comes to keyboard binding for BBVs, "1" is for controlling the ship in top-down mode, "2/3/4" is for HE/AP/premium shell selection, "5/6/7" is for selecting fighters/TBs/DBs, and then there are the usual letter consumables (e.g. damage control, BB repair, etc).

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

but then i wonder....should the BBV stay or go into the fight?

if i go in then enemy would just use HE to make landing/take off pad burn => craft useless

but if it stay out of the fight and run around then some people might not really like it.......

example: '' you have big gun! why you no help us you *** BBV!''

ahhh people~~~~

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

but then i wonder....should the BBV stay or go into the fight?

if i go in then enemy would just use HE to make landing/take off pad burn => craft useless

but if it stay out of the fight and run around then some people might not really like it.......

example: '' you have big gun! why you no help us you *** BBV!''

ahhh people~~~~

I don't think it'll make it any different from the current BB players who camp the blue line.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I remember someone mentioned about "Germany "A Project" Aircraft Carrier, which while fully a CV it has 6 x 11" guns in 2 turrets and they super firing)

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

I don't think it'll make it any different from the current BB players who camp the blue line.

dat just some :vvv

take me as a good BB example, always use mein big >50 tons to cover for ally

and then suddenly eat friendly torpedo.......

there always bad BB and good BB~~~~~~~~

but if i play BBV which role do i take.....hmmmm

Super Tester
2,725 posts

This is really challenging to implement, test, and balance these in the game though..... Soon™?

Although the Heavy Cruiser Mogami is already implemented in the game.

This means that if implemented, BBVs will be a choice for more advanced players. Ordinary players would get rekt if they attempted to play one of these, but a player with very good multitasking and micromanagement skills would be able to use them very effectively and potentially carry many of their games.

A really good player would need the ability to rapidly switch between close-combat shelling and managing aircraft squadrons, plus the capability to anticipate when and where they need to use either mode, all without any delay in thought.

Yeah, really challenging for Battleships. That is during long range shelling.

If my prediction is correct & if this gets implemented, Aviation Battleships & Cruisers can deploy squadron early battle. Aviation Cruiser gets longer control time in their air squadron while their gun is not in range of the enemy.

Though I want my seaplanes on my Aviation Cruisers to have better effective detection against enemy Destroyers. Seaplanes were meant for Artillery spotting (adjusting & correction stuff), scouting, and possibly anti-sub.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Yeah, really challenging for Battleships. That is during long range shelling.

If my prediction is correct & if this gets implemented, Aviation Battleships & Cruisers can deploy squadron early battle. Aviation Cruiser gets longer control time in their air squadron while their gun is not in range of the enemy.

Though I want my seaplanes on my Aviation Cruisers to have better effective detection against enemy Destroyers. Seaplanes were meant for Artillery spotting (adjusting & correction stuff), scouting, and possibly anti-sub.

Speaking of which, may be implement a bounus to accuracy when your seaplane is launched?

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

and possibly anti-sub

Unlikely in PvP WoWS. Perhaps if they implemented an anti-submarine PvE mode, then that's plausible, but submarines are boats in US, German and RN doctrine, not ships. Unterseeboot = "under sea boat".
Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I remember someone mentioned about "Germany "A Project" Aircraft Carrier, which while fully a CV it has 6 x 11" guns in 2 turrets and they super firing)

That was because german carriers were supposed to be used for convoy interception rather than fleet battles.

@BBV/CAV:

Those are basically the auto-loaders from WoT.

We'll prolly see them sooner or later in 2-3 years, because frankly spoken they're an interesting design.

Additionally while many designs would've never worked irl they can work ingame due to lack of physics being a cake. (Screw you real life physics!)

It's just not something we can anticipate in the near future.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

Mogami and Mikuma (since sister ship of Mogami), Tone and Chikuma, Ise and Hyuuga.........good enough to be CAV's and BBV's....

but about that Yamato though......it has not even on blueprints you know.....too unrealistic...........a daydream ship layout is no good.....

:honoring:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Battleship tier guns and Dive bombers to kill DD and fighters to kill enemy Torp bombers. You don't even need to use torp bombers just use main guns and your fighter / dive bombers to protect yourself. As if CV isnt imbalanced as it is.

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

Mogami and Mikuma (since sister ship of Mogami), Tone and Chikuma, Ise and Hyuuga.........good enough to be CAV's and BBV's....

but about that Yamato though......it has not even on blueprints you know.....too unrealistic...........a daydream ship layout is no good.....

:honoring:

This config is more plausible if they did convert Yamato into hybrid; without the landing trap,  rear battery can be a crane to pick up seaplanes.

4941235259_1d5b00a482.jpg

I don't think it will stop WG from making unrealistic ships so long as its historically plausible.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It might become just "A very Unlogicaly (is that even a word?) Expensive HULL Upgrade"

Well since Those Cruisers could only bring few planes, they are most likely to be fighter squadron

That was because german carriers were supposed to be used for convoy interception rather than fleet battles.

@BBV/CAV:

Those are basically the auto-loaders from WoT.

We'll prolly see them sooner or later in 2-3 years, because frankly spoken they're an interesting design.

Additionally while many designs would've never worked irl they can work ingame due to lack of physics being a cake. (Screw you real life physics!)

It's just not something we can anticipate in the near future.

Well after what was happened to Bismarck and Tirpitz, of course they will Design a "Wild Design" of their Aircraft Carrier

HMS Imcomparable

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Speaking of which, may be implement a bounus to accuracy when your seaplane is launched?

Artillery spotting or adjustment, yeah it's possible. A bit accuracy perhaps? But the issue is how to balance it for the other ships in the game.

It's no fun at all to the user & non-user of the said ship OP ships/content in the long run though. It'll bored you out if something OP kept for long or short.

Unlikely in PvP WoWS. Perhaps if they implemented an anti-submarine PvE mode, then that's plausible, but submarines are boats in US, German and RN doctrine, not ships. Unterseeboot = "under sea boat".

Just saying it's historical role though. ;)
Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Those seaplanes can Divebomb, but allowing you to control them like CV would complicate game controls. However, judging how ineffective Dive Bombers are at the current state of game (let alone Dive bombing seaplanes, which have even worse performance), it barely matters.

What I think of this possible Hybrid control is that it allows you to launch more scout planes. The original goal of Tone-class with their high plane capacity was scouting, it's also the same for Mogami's Hybrid carrier conversion. In short, this was done mainly to improve scouting/recon ability.

Only Ise/Hyuuga and possibly that Yamato CV hybrid can launch dive bombers, but if we take away that dive bomb ability (coming mainly from Carrier-based Dive bombers that those ships can't recover, and some Divebombing seaplanes with bad performance) they'll perform like hybrid Recon/Battleship. I think this is the better way to do things.

What this Surface Combat Ship/Recon setup means that you sacrifices part of your firepower to improve team's scouting ability, allowing more and better options to gain intelligence on enemy team's movement. The main trick is how to make the advanced scout mechanics work.

How do we implement this?

- The simple way is to add an additional skill button that allows the ship to launch 1 more scout plane that has different course that the default one. As of how the course is different from the default scout route, maybe we could make it work by "scouting destination" or "track target" order, or have the additional scout do the longer run/range.

- Advanced control could possibly allow top-down-view like carrier, which also permits dive bombing capability. This is complicated however; seeing how WG plans to keep the game arcade and easy to control, the first way is more positive than this.