Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

I found Vauquelin quite weak

10 comments in this topic

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,492 battles

Huge concealment gap vs other dds. Got spotted as long as there is an enemy dd on the flank and then got concentrate fired. How it should be played?

[KAMI]
428 posts
5,699 battles

Stealth gameplay is not your strength. They should be similar to Russian DDs. You don't go too far alone, instead you should stick closer to your cruisers, and fire your guns at a distance.

Use islands to help compensate for concealment. Also your speed lets you keep up with DDs who overextended and want to run.

Edited by Verytis
  • Cool 1

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
210 posts

For me French DDs speed, fast torps, and rof are it's strength. Who can shoot or bomb you accurately if you run and shoot fast? But if you camp too long, ah, then it's another story to tell. 

My peeves, however, is when you run into a cyclone or storm. Then your strengths are almost to totally useless.

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,558 posts
40,312 battles

look at Kiev Tashkent Udaloi Khabarovsk << how to Fr DDs

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,492 battles
11 hours ago, Verytis said:

Stealth gameplay is not your strength. They should be similar to Russian DDs. You don't go too far alone, instead you should stick closer to your cruisers, and fire your guns at a distance.

Use islands to help compensate for concealment. Also your speed lets you keep up with DDs who overextended and want to run.

I must say after I switched to more cruiser like play style with more wsad hack, it’s quite awesome. 

Felt super good after machine gunned down a Colorado (MBRB)

[CLAY]
2,673 posts
12,096 battles

French DDs are not DDs. They are mini cruisers. You should not compare them with the stealth of other DDs.

Nor should you expect them to cap often, especially with CV in match.

• Cool 1

Administrator
373 posts

Actually I've had a similar feeling with sfcgx3 because I've played so hard to get Vauquelin as a beginner😅

Then after reading whole the comments here now everything is clear for me. Thank you for the opinions, captain!

213 posts
9,985 battles

I'm still undecided about Vauquelin.

I get flashes of amazing gameplay in it, but most of the time the guns just frustrate me. Not accurate enough to hit superstructures reliably at max range, so I get many many shatters instead of HE pens. In games where I get good torpoedo strikes I'm doing well, but the majority of the games I'm wishing I was gunboating in a Minsk instead.

[BLESS]
1,160 posts
10,408 battles

Only at Guepard, which itself is less stealthy than Jaguar. Both seem solid to me, and I doubt much changes at Vauquelin.

While not OP I find they up-tier gracefully and are generally rewarding to play, even with the 3 point captains the come with.

Keep prudent distance, stay close to supports, don't be afraid to shoot AP at cruisers, and juke WS to throw off the enemies aim.

Guepard, with the reload booster, can destroy a broadside Algerie in 30 seconds with her guns alone. Let that sink in for a sec... if you can catch a ship turrets pointing away from you, you may get the kill before they can can get off a single shot at you.

Sign in to follow this