You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Okita_

Constant crashing when in battle

14 comments in this topic

6 posts
65 battles

Hello,

i haven't been able to play this game for a while because everytime i'm in the middle of a battle, it suddenly crashed and there's a window pop up asking me whether i want to close down the application or wait until it responds, tried the wait and it did nothing. I even tried to "wait" and let it be for more than 2 hours and nothing happened, it just stays like that.

I tried relogin and tried various ships available, and they're all the same, especially if the battle is quite long. I tried the "check and repair" options but no result, tried to use the WGCheck (or something like that, i forgot the name), it always showed the same "extraneous files" result, I even tried to uninstall and then re-install the whole game (and it took me quite some time downloading the massive 17gb-ish file 😞 ) and guess what? it still happening until now (i was in the middle of the battle of the week and just sunk 3 ship and then... crashed. 😞 )

[VNR]
69 posts
7,456 battles
17 minutes ago, _Okita_ said:

Hello,

i haven't been able to play this game for a while because everytime i'm in the middle of a battle, it suddenly crashed and there's a window pop up asking me whether i want to close down the application or wait until it responds, tried the wait and it did nothing. I even tried to "wait" and let it be for more than 2 hours and nothing happened, it just stays like that.

I tried relogin and tried various ships available, and they're all the same, especially if the battle is quite long. I tried the "check and repair" options but no result, tried to use the WGCheck (or something like that, i forgot the name), it always showed the same "extraneous files" result, I even tried to uninstall and then re-install the whole game (and it took me quite some time downloading the massive 17gb-ish file 😞 ) and guess what? it still happening until now (i was in the middle of the battle of the week and just sunk 3 ship and then... crashed. 😞 )

Maybe your RAM doesn't have enough, my PC was like your before but after i buy 16GB RAM(2x8GB)  i never get cashed util now. If could, tell me your Spec.

6 posts
65 battles

my ram is 32gb... 😅

also forgot to mention, i have been playing for quite some time, this only happened recently. 😅

[WWS]
291 posts
3,745 battles

Are you running any mods?
Are you using "Listen to your own music" option on Settings>Audio?

6 posts
65 battles
1 hour ago, notyourfather said:

Are you running any mods?
Are you using "Listen to your own music" option on Settings>Audio?

no mods.
and also no, not using it.

forgot to mention also, I always got penalty everytime i relogin due to this annoying problem because i was considered violating code of conduct. 😤

6 posts
65 battles
4 minutes ago, Gerald_Ow said:

Check see your CPU got heating problem

my cpu max temp was 60 (not all the time, mostly less) on HWinfo when playing. 😅

btw,
usually when I left my pc and let it idle for a while, WoW would just disconnect me due to being idle for too long. but now, it's not, it just simply crashed. no notification about being idle for too long etc like it used to. dunno if it's connected to my problem or not, but I just noticed it.

Edited by _Okita_

[WWS]
291 posts
3,745 battles

Check your python.log file at World_of_Warships_ASIA/profile folder. Look for "ERROR" and check the time if it corresponds to what time the CTD happened. It'll give you the clue on why the crash happened.

6 posts
65 battles

did what you told me and i saw lots of errors with the scripts below as the most frequent to show up. (first one was the most frequent compared to the others, with different "from:# to:#)

ERROR: [Script] [AvatarAnimationSystem] trying to move to new position (from:5 to:6) valid animationItem: [AnimationItem id=8797 type=4 from=4 to=5] (keep old fromIndex); (, 58154913521259, 37)
ERROR: [Script] [---] no ship bar config for:, ('PXSB003',); (, 56183259140342, 47)
ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Missing font "ZurichCond" in ".distance.label". Search log:
   Searching for font: "ZurichCond" 
      Movie resource: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Imports       : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Exported      : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Registered fonts: "ZurichCond" not found.
      Searching FontLib: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Searching FontProvider: "ZurichCond"  not found.
   Font not found.
ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Unknown file format at URL "gui/fonts/small/DefaultFont.png"

what should i do?

[WWS]
291 posts
3,745 battles
43 minutes ago, _Okita_ said:

did what you told me and i saw lots of errors with the scripts below as the most frequent to show up. (first one was the most frequent compared to the others, with different "from:# to:#)

ERROR: [Script] [AvatarAnimationSystem] trying to move to new position (from:5 to:6) valid animationItem: [AnimationItem id=8797 type=4 from=4 to=5] (keep old fromIndex); (, 58154913521259, 37)

ERROR: [Script] [---] no ship bar config for:, ('PXSB003',); (, 56183259140342, 47)

ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Missing font "ZurichCond" in ".distance.label". Search log:
   Searching for font: "ZurichCond" 
      Movie resource: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Imports       : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Exported      : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Registered fonts: "ZurichCond" not found.
      Searching FontLib: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Searching FontProvider: "ZurichCond"  not found.
   Font not found.

ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Unknown file format at URL "gui/fonts/small/DefaultFont.png"

what should i do?

I also have those errors but it's not causing a CTD.

Any event similarities between crashes like, i.e taking a hit, sinking a ship, does the sound gets distorted? Does tuning down the game's graphics settings will help?

If reinstallation didn't work, maybe there's something wrong to your PC. Try contacting WG about it. GL

Edited by notyourfather

6 posts
65 battles

hmm... no sound got distorted that I'm sure. Tuning down the game's graphics was the first thing that pops up in my mind so I did that already and it didn't help

Looks like i'll try contacting wg about it. thanks for the reply though. 🙏

Administrator
373 posts

Hello, @_Okita_ 🙂 First of all, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you contacted our Player Support team?

Maybe they will help you out if you're still suffered from this problem.

1 post
1,622 battles
On 8/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, GOMBEE8626 said:

Hello, @_Okita_ 🙂 First of all, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you contacted our Player Support team?

Maybe they will help you out if you're still suffered from this problem.

Hi,

I did contact them and hopefuly there'll be a solution or at least identified the cause of it.

[LBAS]
358 posts
6,901 battles

i have the same problem. but it only started happening after update to 0.8.7