Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pubg43

Please help me, I am new need to know which line to get

22 comments in this topic

13 posts
246 battles

Guys I am a relatively new player and I sort of started a lot of lines and the furthest i have gotten is with V Konigsberg but I keep getting spotted by carriers and then Blapped across the map by a sinop or something which is why i decided to get a carrier myself so I wanna know from you experienced players what to do , Continue german crusier line, Switch to carriers (If so which line?), or recommend what I should do, I feel like getting a langley but to do that i need to get american destroyers up to clemson and for the Uk ones i hate Uk destroyers and the japanese ones i didnt have the Chikuma so i decided to get American Carriers. Also, Is Conqueror still op because I played it on my friends account and i set everything on fire with High explosive shells.

1,378 posts
5,764 battles

It may take forever for Wargaming to properly tweak and balance CVs, judging from all the changes done since Patch 0.8.0.0.

If you can endure playing Konigsberg, you can try to continue the grind and get Nurnberg, which would allow you to participate in Scenario Operations, a safe, effective and convenient method to grind almost all Tier 6~7 ships. Though Newport and Raptor Rescue would be a bit difficult. Also, if you are invited by someone else playing the game, fighting your first battle in Tier 6 will give you a Warspite with a 10-point British captain for free. Though her range is underwhelming, she works fine in PvE operations and can help you to train British captains.

[KAMI]
1,506 posts
12,422 battles

German cruiser have being a jack of all trades tech tree line

The armour progressively get better and better by each tier

Hindenburg or Zao.....

Hindy for me is better, faster RoF, high AP pen damage and got a "turtleback" when in close range

Conqkek ... Got a buff and nerf the same time but the nerf doesnt matter if you know what angling

Still retains the stupid HE damage and fire setting potential but 

once u get focused , you would just be another teabag

getting to Conqueror would be rough (imho) 

Spoiler

try monarch

Edited by Gummilicious

[VNR]
69 posts
7,458 battles

I was like you before, try to pass it, when you come up T7 the armor will better, AP shell really good and still keep away from BB.

54 minutes ago, Pubg43 said:

Guys I am a relatively new player and I sort of started a lot of lines and the furthest i have gotten is with V Konigsberg but I keep getting spotted by carriers and then Blapped across the map by a sinop or something which is why i decided to get a carrier myself so I wanna know from you experienced players what to do , Continue german crusier line, Switch to carriers (If so which line?), or recommend what I should do, I feel like getting a langley but to do that i need to get american destroyers up to clemson and for the Uk ones i hate Uk destroyers and the japanese ones i didnt have the Chikuma so i decided to get American Carriers. Also, Is Conqueror still op because I played it on my friends account and i set everything on fire with High explosive shells.

4,546 posts
8,644 battles

Don't play CVs. Just don't.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,346 posts
26,166 battles

speaking as someone with way too many battles

new players who just want a fun time go grind the French CA line/japanese BB line/RN BB line

new players who want to team-play and improve go grind USN CA line/ RN CL line

dont play CVs they are getting a huge nerf next match, literally unplayable

[SALT]
2,021 posts
10,542 battles

French is the most noob friendly Cruiser line.

British BB for also noob friendly

American DD is quite Ok for Beginer

for CV.............. do you know there is a game called World of Warplanes instead ? If your first long grind in naval games is with airplanes, should you ask is this the right game for you. Lol

Edited by humusz

[LBAS]
1,742 posts
3,464 battles

😉 sheet what the heck wrong edit. Ah to lazy 

Note : play CV or try French CA or BB

Edited by Skarhabek
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KAMI]
428 posts
5,712 battles

My choice of fun lines:

• IJN BB

You'll get punished for your mistakes because you got weaker armour as a battleship, but not punished to an extreme such as with Russians. They can perform decently at long ranges, but that doesn't mean you want to stay back. 1 of the better lines to learn the game from.

• RN CL

Having stealth, you really get to learn concealment play and how to angle your ship. Their AP is pretty easy to use, and really hurts targets that expose their weak sides towards you. Smoke up somewhere and you can be a nusiance, while also having some torpedoes on hand. With your smoke and stealth, you get to enjoy more freedom than the USA counterparts, a class designed around dull island camping... Also HE spamming feels cheap.

• Cool 1

[MD]
[MD]
571 posts
2,942 battles

German (low tier) cruiser player here, yes i do agree that KM CA/CL are pretty though to get into, but overtime you will adjust to it, and starting to see some nice numbers coming up. Oh, and some tips for playing Konigsberg: stay back, you have pretty long-range guns, nice DPM, and non-existent armor. Let other, more capable pushers be ahead and support them by raining HE death-and-destruction upon the enemy. And don't forget to switch ammo when you see broadsiding cruiser at <11km, you will laugh at the tremendous amount of citadel you've get. 

If you found yourself to be alone in the flank, just kite. 2/3 of your gun is in the back, use it.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

13 posts
246 battles

Guys I am not trying to imply that I’m a noob I get 1300 xp almost every time that I don’t  get blapped by a Sinop or some other Tier 7 Battlleship or getting owned by a carrier. So most of you guys are saying I should continue KM cruisers

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Super Tester_
426 posts
10,394 battles

OP.

Get a number of lines to T6. Grind out those particular ships in Operations. It will give you a decent enough grasp on what that ship/class/line has to offer. Worst thing that could happen is that you get a T7 on those lines and you can grind those in the T7 Operations. Either way you win, and you get the practice you need in whatever ship you decide to take out.

Pretty much all missions/directives can be done in Scenarios now, so thats also helpful.

[KAMI]
428 posts
5,712 battles

KM cruisers are considered weak, but if you enjoy it, theres nothing wrong from continuing to play it. As for getting "blapped", I assume you know the reasons for it, also note that all cruisers can get 1 shot if a BB catches you making a mistake. KM cruisers actually have pretty long range, so you have the option to stay further away if its too dangerous to get close.

Operations should be used for getting used to the ship's handling, there are many PvP elements you can't learn in operations. Even worse, skipping T6 via operations and getting into T7 risks making things even harder because you're not prepared.

Edited by Verytis

[-ISO-]
1,058 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, Pubg43 said:

Guys I am not trying to imply that I’m a noob I get 1300 xp almost every time that I don’t  get blapped by a Sinop or some other Tier 7 Battlleship or getting owned by a carrier. So most of you guys are saying I should continue KM cruisers

But I dare you to grind German BB line.

As for me, I'd rather choose either IJN or USN line since these were the first two that added to the game.

[151ST]
2,377 posts
9,943 battles

Zao and Hindy are two of my faves, Zao is a ninja with absurd alpha and accuracy but suffers with HP, Hindy is a great all rounder with good DPM.

My suggestion isn't a line to grind but three skills to learn; WASD hacking, positioning and aim...

If you get better at those along with a bit of ship knowledge, your grind will be easy.

I hadn't played Konigsberg for a year+, jumped into a game, carried for 100k dam/1800 raw XP. Next closest ally was 900...

Any ship is good in the right hands...

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,568 posts
40,356 battles

typical Nations for Beginners >> USN & IJN

CA

Booster >> MN

Brawler >> KM [close range only]

Sniper >> IJN

Camper >> USN

Smoker >> RN

DD

Take it slow, hard to play << CV Re-work + Radar everywhere plus Detonation awaits

[151ST]
2,377 posts
9,943 battles

Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN)

United States Navy (USN)

Marine Nationale (MN) - French

Kreigsmarine (KM) - German

Royal Navy (RN)

Soviet Navy (SN)

Regia Marina (RM) - Italian

13 posts
246 battles
20 hours ago, Verytis said:

Thanks guys for the tips I just played 5 matches I got 100k plus on every one and lost 0 health on all but 1

Sign in to follow this