Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

TK'ing

12 comments in this topic

[KMS-A]
307 posts
6,537 battles

Can someone send a message to WG saying they need to get rid of team damage, it's pointless (or rather should be, lol) They've done it in co-op, now hurry up and implement it in randoms I have been taken out by friendly torpedoes launched from behind me so many times its not even funny and either causes me to be irrelevant to the game because I have such low hp, or I get out-right destroyed and all can be fixed with a few lines of code, so hurry up and get on with it

[CLAY]
2,666 posts
12,012 battles

I wasn’t aware it was removed in Co op, I know it’s inactive in operations. For good reason.

Personally, I like friendly fire, as it means people have to think and not be careless. Especially with torpedos.

You can rest assured that those who cause massive team damage on a regular basis cannot play in randoms.

Getting rid of team damage would just mean that people would waste their torps more, as they wouldn’t care if they hit allies or not.

• Cool 2

Administrator
373 posts

Hello, captain ellofiend :cap_cool:

Yes you have a point here. I will put your feedback into the report as well.

However it seems like captain Grygus_Triss already explained the reason of current FF status in game. (Personally I can't agree more😂)

Thank you for your opinion, captains! Much appreciate it x

[KMS-A]
307 posts
6,537 battles
17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I wasn’t aware it was removed in Co op, I know it’s inactive in operations. For good reason.

Personally, I like friendly fire, as it means people have to think and not be careless. Especially with torpedos.

You can rest assured that those who cause massive team damage on a regular basis cannot play in randoms.

Getting rid of team damage would just mean that people would waste their torps more, as they wouldn’t care if they hit allies or not.

While I do agree that it may stop people from wasting valuable ammunition that could be spent on enemies, I just can't see that justifying the ruining of 1 in 50 games where we lose the game because a torpedo found the stern of someone's ship or some troll decides to TK someone which often have a big influence on the game for those who are on the receiving end. Sometimes it may make for interesting play (If anyone has seen Flamu's channel trailer with the dual Iowa drive-by) but ultimately I do not think it is worth it, and I cannot see the real justification of the FF system in the game. And on the topic of wasting ammunition, I do not think that the rest of the team would find any effect from someone who fires their torpedoes early in the game or maybe dis-regards a salvo, ultimately I just want to be able to play the game without having to worry that the player next to me in a DD won't take me out a point-blank range at the start of battle. It's one an outside factor that I really shouldn't have to be worried about - no, it's not another level of thinking and strategy - it's just a pain to be on the receiving end of and it thoroughly angers me when that player is me

[LBAS]
1,724 posts
3,427 battles

Team kill / team damage is good and very neccesary in game mechanic. This allow to more realistic gameplay and tactical manouver. 

Tactical example 

1. You got 4 kill and almost kraken. You are BB player with 1 DD division and 1 Random team CA. The last enemy is BB that only have 3% HP.

2. You need 20 sec of reload to get kraken. The Ally CA is 1/4 hp and keep firing at enemy BB. Your DD buddy division decided to team kill friendly CA.

3.  You get kraken, you and your buddy division decided to get some go food and party together. 

another example

1. You are half HP DD in Kleber that carry hard but get noob team. You manage to get 2 cap and the point lead by huge margin. There is only 1 Yamato in your team that camping. There is 5 BB and CA enemy left. 

2. Every enemy is chasing yamato because you are undetected. Yamato Scream and ask for help and go to your hiding place.

3. You say : hush hush don't come here, we can win by score default as long as one of US survive.

4. Yamato ignore your advice and keep forward. The timer tickling 1 minute till win and Yamato only have 10% hp left. 

5. Devil : dude, kill the Yamato with torpedo, you will get solo warrior.

angel : don't don't do it. Winning is enough.

Diavolo : my cute Doppio, i will buy you a pinaple pizza if you sink that pesky Yamato.

6. BAmz, you get solo warrior and the boss is buying everyone pizza.

That is a few usefull example of team damage kamerad, there is more and more.

• Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,930 posts
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

Team kill / team damage is good and very neccesary in game mechanic. This allow to more realistic gameplay and tactical manouver. 

Tactical example 

1. You got 4 kill and almost kraken. You are BB player with 1 DD division and 1 Random team CA. The last enemy is BB that only have 3% HP.

2. You need 20 sec of reload to get kraken. The Ally CA is 1/4 hp and keep firing at enemy BB. Your DD buddy division decided to team kill friendly CA.

3.  You get kraken, you and your buddy division decided to get some go food and party together. 

another example

1. You are half HP DD in Kleber that carry hard but get noob team. You manage to get 2 cap and the point lead by huge margin. There is only 1 Yamato in your team that camping. There is 5 BB and CA enemy left. 

2. Every enemy is chasing yamato because you are undetected. Yamato Scream and ask for help and go to your hiding place.

3. You say : hush hush don't come here, we can win by score default as long as one of US survive.

4. Yamato ignore your advice and keep forward. The timer tickling 1 minute till win and Yamato only have 10% hp left. 

Diavolo : my cute Doppio, i will buy you a pinaple pizza if you sink that pesky Yamato.

tenor.gif?itemid=8401639

[TLS]
3,935 posts
19,987 battles

I am the bane of my TK. TK is body, TK is my blood.

Blah blah blah aria

So as I pray! Unlimited TK WORKS!

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
1,831 posts
15,667 battles

Keep it, friendly fire is both a feature and a factor in team play .... it ask the team members to actually consider their positioning, and move and not blindly just move in .. yes I've seen them all, DD and Cruiser who blindly send their torp away without checking if there's any of their own around and then I've seen BB who prudently turn into  torp's path despite the fact that those torp had been in water for some time on bearing to enemy .. all they see is they can close in and fire that one killing salvo. 

You think getting torp is bad what about those time there's intentional Tking from fellow team member ; I shall say as a DD player I've got more than my share of that , rushing to cap and then suddenly got 1/3 of my HP gone because some cruiser decide he/she do not like to support and just want to give the DD a lesson , or simply they think its fun to get some shoot away .. Let's be very frank , accidental Tking do happen , especially with long range torp. But friendly torp is always visible and I wonder why guns never get to visual where they are going .. there are though time I've seen both .. 

Let say I am more concern with all the mad CL/CA/BB player who will shoot at any of their own when they demand others to fellow their course of action ; intentional Tking is the bane of the game , not the accidental one 

• Cool 1

[KMS-A]
307 posts
6,537 battles

On that note, I can see the justification of the TK system in exchange for boss pizza party

Image result for fair gifImage result for pizza party gif

• Funny 1

[OAKUM]
2,104 posts
15,812 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

Tactical example 

another example

Its official,

our friendly sharkbait, he's baaaaaaccckkkkk.....

We've missed you, & your funny nonsensical posts....

A pic in celebration

50c4f1b75a405d12fe7755c0d2d45ac2.jpg

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,930 posts
13 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Its official,

our friendly sharkbait, he's baaaaaaccckkkkk.....

tenor.gif?itemid=4996643

[CLAY]
2,666 posts
12,012 battles
2 hours ago, ellofiend said:

While I do agree that it may stop people from wasting valuable ammunition that could be spent on enemies, I just can't see that justifying the ruining of 1 in 50 games where we lose the game because a torpedo found the stern of someone's ship or some troll decides to TK someone which often have a big influence on the game for those who are on the receiving end. Sometimes it may make for interesting play (If anyone has seen Flamu's channel trailer with the dual Iowa drive-by) but ultimately I do not think it is worth it, and I cannot see the real justification of the FF system in the game. And on the topic of wasting ammunition, I do not think that the rest of the team would find any effect from someone who fires their torpedoes early in the game or maybe dis-regards a salvo, ultimately I just want to be able to play the game without having to worry that the player next to me in a DD won't take me out a point-blank range at the start of battle. It's one an outside factor that I really shouldn't have to be worried about - no, it's not another level of thinking and strategy - it's just a pain to be on the receiving end of and it thoroughly angers me when that player is me

Firstly, if you’ve got someone who torps you out of the gate, I think you’ve got a bigger problem than just being torped.

Secondly, 1 in 50.... I don’t consider that to be that much of a bother. Especially with the usual amount of BS that happens in randoms.

Mostly, I feel safe in the knowledge that it is rare that an allied torpedo will hit me. I don’t know about you, but even in operations, I find getting hit by allied torpedos annoying. If they didn’t hurt, I would be hit by them more and become continually annoyed by the harmless metal fish banging on my hull.. or that annoying guy who keeps shooting you with harmless shells, because “it amuses him”.

But as people have said above, it’s the awareness of what’s going on around you. The tactics, the  We don’t need more mechanics that encourage people not to think.thinking ahead.

I can understand Your annoyance, but serious team damage and teamkilling is uncommon, and I think the extra complexity adds to the overall enjoyment of the game.

I think it’s a valuable component to the game, and that people who TK should get learn,... or get kicked out of the game.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this