You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shiny_Stone

Another Idea for Research Bureau

25 comments in this topic

[TKR]
23 posts
13,644 battles

First, Let me say it first.... I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL ... I HATE IT.... And we can't stop them now? If we can't really stop it then can I give you this idea for atleast change it to make us LESS SUFFERING from your BS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do we have to reset the whole line for it? 

(Note : English is my second language so I might made some typo and grammar error)

I have an idea where we don't need to reset the whole and grind the ship all over again. Why can't we just do something like "Collecting Base EXP for each ship in tech tree" ? Now let me explain.

My idea is you don't have to reset the whole line but instead, You play to collect the base EXP to a certain point and then gain the "Research Point" by it for one of you ship. Once you get it in one of you ship. You can move to the diffent ships. Maybe lower down from T10 to T9. Once we finished all of the T10 ship. We will move down to other Tiers.

Here some example. I play Yamato to collect Base EXP to a certain point (Let's say it 50,000) and then I get the Research Point (Let's say it 50 points). And then I can't get the research point anymore. I have to move to either move to a different T10 or Lower down to T9 and so on. And the "Base EXP collecting process" will be renew every month or so. So I can go back to play Yamato to collect Research Point again. And we limited to do this only in tech tree ships.

And for the UI. Just put some "Progress bar" some where... like on top of the ship name in Port page. Or put it in the Module page of the ship. Or even put it in the Tech Tree page. So we can keep track of much we have done.

It easier for the player to "Go down the techtree" then "Go up". And we still have the option to go back to that said T10 anytime we want. We don't have the agonizingly grind the whole line again and agian. We will also have a problem about running out of camo and signal flags too. Once we run out of it. The grind will be even slower. Make it even more suffering. We also have the trouble with ship commander too. We have to move them from ship to ship all the time. We also have to install upgrades on the re-purchase again. We also have the problem about credits to re-purchase ship again as well. Ain't we running out of credits because we purchase ship? (Not to mention we have to purchase camo and signal flags too) We have to re-purchase and re-research ship again and again. Credits, camo, signal flags will be deplete eventually. Make it harder to grind the line. And when it become stale like that... It make me don't want to play the game. (Not to mention I have to face +2 tiers match again when I play mid tier)

Me personally, I don't like playing low tier. Almost all the ship are the same in gameplay and it understandable. Almost all the cruisers are playing in the same way. And I just don't like it. Meanwhile most of the T10 ships have their own characteristic. Yamato have her Big Guns (But slow and MASSIVE Citadel). Des Moines have her "Strong Female Protagonist" High Rate of Fire and DPM Power. Henri IV have her Speed and Shooting Range. Zao have her concealment and Rudder shift time. Kremlin have her Stalinium Armor. GK have her powerful secondaries. etc. Everyone have some characteristic of their own. And that why I like to play high tier.

The big problem about the WG idea for Research Bureau right now is "What if we suddenly have to use that T10 we just reset?" such as Clan Battle or Ranked Battle? It just inconvenience...
And what are you gonna do with the EXP I have left on the ship (Like 500,000 EXP on my North Carolina?). Are you gonna lock it up in a separate "Waiting for Conversion to Free EXP" pool? And we have to play the ship to get the "New EXP" to re-research the ship?

Hell! What about we combine the 2 idea togather? You have the option to reset the whole line for MORE Research Point and grind the whole line again. AND we also have to option to not reset our ship and still have a chance and opportunities to get the Research Point. Not as much as reset the whole line but still get some. The progression of non-reset line are SLOWER but at least we don't have to reset the whole thing...

WG think about this Research Bureau because WG want people to play low and mid tier, right?
Stated qoute in Developer Bulletin 0.8.7
"The underlying principle of player progress within our game involves moving from lower tier to higher tier ships all the way up to the branch peak—Tier X ships. However, the game has an enormous number of ships of different tiers, and each tier offers gameplay experiences that are equally interesting as those of Tier X ships. Many players like fighting on these ships, but the game hasn’t encouraged such behavior enough to date."
It just doesn't have any rewarding thing for playing low or mid tier. But if we use my idea. Now we have something to "Lure people to lower tier" without taking away their higher tier ships. We can play whatever the tier we want.
Another Stated qoute in Developer Bulletin 0.8.7
"The goal of the Research Bureau is to further motivate the players to play more with their favorite ships and earn unique rewards along the way."
 And you come up with this idea? Ridiculous! This is even worst then the CV Rework! You always come up with a stupid idea lately. (In the past months...Maybe even year)

And we will also have a problem(?) with people gonna use Free EXP to skip the grind. I have seen a comment on WOWS Facebook post some said "Have Free EXP to skip the whole line 5-7 times". So some people are still not gonna play the game...Or this is now a probelm because that mean they gonna spend money. And that your goal, right WG? You are a company, Not a charity. It a business... (I still have a problem with your marketing team. Yeah, I'm talking about the Azur Lane Commander Bundle. Instead of put the only thing we want in the bundle. You also put TRASH in it and jack up the price! Hell! You don't even have the separate commander pack like the First Wave! You don't give us the choice! Is it that hard to create MORE choices for people to select their purchase? Instead of separate it for people to buy and get "little" money from a lot of people. You only put a massive bundle to get the "big" money from a few people... If you were both have big and small bundle. You would get the money from both side of customer. If you were just have the "Commander Only Bundle" with a reasonable price I would buy all of those commander by now.) If it true that you only want money from us.... That mean you don't really care about our community... If the community like your game. They will spend money on your game. (Like cosmetic or something)

And you know how much time I come up with this I idea? 10 minutes... A MERE 10 MINUTES. I'm NOT trying brag "I'm Smart", NO! "I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" but the point of this statement is "How easy to think the better way."

Please, I really like this game. All the event you have done are very fun (Like Rogue Wave, Halloween and Space Battle). I don't want this game to go down any farther. Please....

And if you have some more idea/opinion you can leave a comment down. My idea will sure have flaws in it...I just can't see it myself. It would be good if you point it out.

Edited by Shiny_Stone
  • Cool 5

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,043 battles

Similar theory with grinding base experience on each ship to a certain level like say 1 is at 50k 2 is at 100k and so forth for each level you get a research point and when you have enough you can unlock e.g a level 2 mod, all mods are level 1. So level 2 mod has a small buff to it.

4,509 posts
8,614 battles

First of all, several people have suggested ideas similar to yours. What I would add is making short "seasons" to collect the XP. This is to limit the amount of XP a player can gain on one ship, not just using the XP already on the ships for how many years because that would be unfair.

And for the love of Neptune I DO NOT want to sell my ships. Having to buy modules and mount signal flags and buy upgrades is a pain in the aft.

5 minutes ago, Shiny_Stone said:

WG think about this Research Bureau because WG want people to play low and mid tier, right?
Stated qoute in Developer Bulletin 0.8.7
"The underlying principle of player progress within our game involves moving from lower tier to higher tier ships all the way up to the branch peak—Tier X ships. However, the game has an enormous number of ships of different tiers, and each tier offers gameplay experiences that are equally interesting as those of Tier X ships. Many players like fighting on these ships, but the game hasn’t encouraged such behavior enough to date."
 It just doesn't have any rewarding thing for playing low or mid tier. But if we use my idea. Now we have something to "Lure people to lower tier" without taking away their higher tier ships. We can play whatever the tier we want.
Another Stated qoute in Developer Bulletin 0.8.7
"The goal of the Research Bureau is to further motivate the players to play more with their favorite ships and earn unique rewards along the way."
 And you come up with this idea? Ridiculous! This is even worst then the CV Rework! You always come up with a stupid idea lately. (In the past months...Maybe even year)

You can't really believe what they say.

[TKR]
23 posts
13,644 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

You can't really believe what they say.

What did they say?????

Edit : Sorry, I'm confuesed some thing. Please never mind this comment.

Edited by Shiny_Stone

4,509 posts
8,614 battles
Just now, Shiny_Stone said:

What did they say?????

Those things you quoted. They said one thing and then decided to add something that have nothing to do with what they said.

6 posts
10,570 battles

I mean, it's a waste of time even if you're online 24/7. As if playing low tiers isn't bad enough with constantly being uptiered and having constant losses. It's gonna take forever to even complete 1 line, be it 2 multiple times just for a single purchase.

Low tiers is just a nightmare tbh, i usually fxp to T7 before starting to grind, sometimes even fxp to T8,  honestly can't see myself wasting so much time to regrind from scratch. Sure, it might be good if i get top tier MM with my experience from playing T10, even so, its a 50/50 chance of getting a good game, couple that with the amount of time needed, it'll take ages.

So... uh... WG, just don't, you've lost enough players from CV rework (not saying RTS CV players leaving is a bad thing, I in fact hate old CVs), but also losing players who hate CVs in general. This game will eventually lose a lot more of the playerbase if this actually goes through. Honestly, who thought regrinding lines was a good idea? 

*sigh...* you just never know what the Russians are thinking

[N-BS]
2 posts
5,905 battles

1 ชั่วโมงที่แล้ว, Shiny_Stone พูดว่า:

You have the option to reset the whole line for MORE Research Point and grind the whole line again. AND we also have to option to not reset our ship and still have a chance and opportunities to get the Research Point. Not as much as reset the whole line but still get some. The progression of non-reset line are SLOWER but at least we don't have to reset the whole thing...

I think this is a really good idea to do with the new system.

[N-BS]
2 posts
5,905 battles

1 ชั่วโมงที่แล้ว, Shiny_Stone พูดว่า:

You have the option to reset the whole line for MORE Research Point and grind the whole line again. AND we also have to option to not reset our ship and still have a chance and opportunities to get the Research Point. Not as much as reset the whole line but still get some. The progression of non-reset line are SLOWER but at least we don't have to reset the whole thing...

I think this is a really good idea to do with the new system.

[SMOKE]
1,825 posts
15,645 battles

No the whole deal is about whale bait and the fact that WG cannot properly balance all type of ships for all class of same tier while keeping that so call character they put onto it ( say OK IJN T8 torpedo boat had a torp range that's even less than the US even with all upgrade .. go figure ) , they had simply been unable to provide end game content of any real substance , and their solution ... keep pushing for more OP ships stating that they are balanced for those tiers ... how can an Alaska be said to be equal to say a Seattle but that's it now .. and then by breaking all kind of game play / counter-play they further erode the game balance and the fairness it dearly need now ... so they go figure to try to get people to play it all again from T1 ... first idea is stupid, come second idea its still stupid, and then this latest , just yet more OP ship ... pretty much driving people to not to play the game ... most player do not had the time nor the patience to do it all again , and say you need at least 2 T10 researched .. sorry I suppose most would rather grind their other line to T10 instead, not all of us had all line researched full

[-ISO-]
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
53 minutes ago, KawaiiShirakami said:

Honestly, who thought regrinding lines was a good idea?

No one:

Literally no one:

Wargaming: OK let's add something that will increase the diversity and our outcome shall we? Just ignore the playerbase. They'll be fine.

PS: (Actually the person who came out with this idea was Zoup. But WG just straight up take it, thinking that was a good one. DUH)

On a serious note, WG should stop drinking Vodka, retrieve their sanity, and bring back their players prosperity.

[PST]
17 posts
13,148 battles
1 hour ago, Shiny_Stone said:

and we have to regrind everything what we have for getting a point for a reward ships
man,, i dont like this event even tho the reward is suprisingly good for veteran player.

[-CAT-]
2,077 posts
10,817 battles

Things to consider about re-grinding:

Re-grinding means loosing all your researched ships all the way to T1 (all modules will be refunded, and will be required to re-grinded as well from T1).

Research points starts at T6 (or T5). 

No T8 to T10 means, no Clan and Ranked battles during the re-grind (Especially if you are comfortable in a certain ship type or Nation ship).

1 full re-grind will give you 400 - 500 research points. How much is the T7 Italian Premium Cruiser? 7000 research points. (You will have to re-grind 14 to 17 times just to get T7 Italian cruiser. And if that T7 cruiser is a disappointment *cough... Lazo*.)

Umm...yeah...No.  Nope. Nope. Nope.

:Off Topic: - Spoiler Alert-

Even in the other 3 Asian language forums, dislike the follwoing:
CV - AA mismatch
T8 +2 MM (T8 seal clubbing)

10 Games (1 win, 9 loss / MM)
Bot Infestation (Bot Hack Program / Script)

NTC / RB - I need to re-check if it was buried in other pages

I had to translate them and these are the trending topics in their General Discussion Forum that face the same issues in the English Forum. (May varay depending on language)

:End of Off Topic: -Spoiler Ends-

The sound of using elite ship XP (ships that has completed its research) and convert it to research points, it just adds another currency in the game. It is not a bad idea as it came from WOT, but it is another currency to complicate where there is no complication other than asking some players to play mid-tier. There are far more things to balance than trying to re-populate. It is bad decisions like this that makes new player and some veteran players to leave WOWS for good.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles
3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Off Topic: - Spoiler Alert-

Even in the other 3 Asian language forums, dislike the follwoing:
CV - AA mismatch
T8 +2 MM (T8 seal clubbing)

10 Games (1 win, 9 loss / MM)
Bot Infestation (Bot Hack Program / Script)

NTC / RB - I need to re-check if it was buried in other pages

I had to translate them and these are the trending topics in their General Discussion Forum that face the same issues in the English Forum. (May varay depending on language)

:End of Off Topic: -Spoiler Ends-

as an English only speaker, its good to know what the rest of the ASIA community is saying. thanks

4,509 posts
8,614 battles
7 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

PS: (Actually the person who came out with this idea was Zoup. But WG just straight up take it, thinking that was a good one. DUH)

Zoup suggested cosmetic-only rewards (yes I watched that one video). WG change the rewards into blatant buffs and everything went downhill from there.

Edited by Paladinum

[LNA]
2,023 posts
13,259 battles

How about this : Research Center let you earn points for completing crazy / grindy tasks with a specific tier in the nation line up. And once accumulated enough it can be exchanged for that nation goodies.

It is meant to be a long term goal. Resetting lines is quite frankly dumb as many tier VIII - X are needed for competitive and game event.

[151ST]
2,352 posts
9,873 battles

OP, your ESL is awesome, honestly.

As for Research Bureau, it's fine except for the exclusive ships part...

IMO, cosmetics and maybe a little bit of steel as rewards and it's fine...

Like I REALLY want something that others can see and be like 'dayum, he's spent a lot of time on ___ line and still has the T10'

So many games have done it, and I expect to be targeted in a match (and often do due to MM monitor). Screw it, shout it to the world, let me tank/kite for my team and lol as they fail!

(My account stats are... Ok... My ship to ship stats are hectic, go have a look if you want - I just took ages to learn the game and have been playing catch-up ever since)

Beta Tester
956 posts
20,626 battles

Your idea doesnt work at a programming level. 

I have all tier 10 lines. Imagine I go grind all of them. How many personal missions will I have in addition to legendary mod grind and other premium ship missions. 

[TKR]
Beta Tester
15 posts
13,938 battles

Let me make this simple

NTC Method 1 (byWG itself)

-Reset the line by remove all ship in the line and research it again.

-WG profit for making player convert FXP.

-Inconvenience for player to lose opportunity to use the ship. 

NTC Method 2

-Second phase grinding for each ship in tech tree for new research point.

-Meaning that first phase grinding is for unlocking next tier ship (and for unlock legendary mod at TierX)

-Convenience for player to grind.

-WG has no direct profit from this, but on the other hand its player friendly  (as community whining on WG's NTC)

[TKR]
23 posts
13,644 battles
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Your idea doesnt work at a programming level. 

I have all tier 10 lines. Imagine I go grind all of them. How many personal missions will I have in addition to legendary mod grind and other premium ship missions. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that. I didn't mean it to be like a personal mission like Legendary Upgrade mission. I know if it like you think. It gonna be a mess.

I mean this...
"And for the UI. Just put some "Progress bar" some where... like on top of the ship name in Port page. Or put it in the Module page of the ship. Or even put it in the Tech Tree page."
And it as easy as that to code and keep track of how much you done.

Now I have to fix the thread itself....

Edited by Shiny_Stone

[-ISO-]
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
9 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Zoup suggested cosmetic-only rewards (yes I watched that one video). WG change the rewards into blatant buffs and everything went downhill from there.

Well, WG will do everything they can to increase their income. It's already proven that their efforts can't be paid with respect. It can only be paid with money.

[LBAS]
1,548 posts

I believe reason why they want to reset whole line is that they want player to fully committed in playing low tier rather than sideline objective.

Player behavior when play seriously and play for sideline quest is different I presume?

Edited by PGM991

4,509 posts
8,614 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

I believe reason why they want to reset whole line is that they want player to fully committed in playing low tier rather than sideline objective.

Tell me how can players commit to low/mid tiers when it's required to play to T10 and T8 -> T10 is the longest grind.

• Cool 3

[TF44]
107 posts
11,348 battles

I also thought something similar. Let us keep our ships let us grind some new 'whatever' on each ship in a line to get the 'whatevers' required. That satisfies the grinders and encourages/rewards people playing all tiers. 

Do NOT require us to kill an entire line to participate. This is absolutely hell for clans who have 'enough' players to participate in Clan Wars, etc. (WoWS content) but will struggle and suffer if 1 or 2 players go down this 'kill line, regrind' path. The choice of 1 or 2 players will degrade the game play of another 5-6 players and negatively impact the esteem/enjoyment of entire clans. 

Think of you clan leaders, for crying out loud?! What do they get for all the effort involved in managing competitive involvement? They get to know they've done well and that their clan mates (hopefully) appreciate it. This Research Bureau idea smacks those leaders in the face by making their task thanklessly so much harder. 

For the record, I play across lots of tiers. I know that in a tier X I can't be up-tiered, but I play for the challenge and I'm not that primal about needing to get to end cap ASAP. If WG's 'real' motivation is to encourage play across more tiers, just spread out more events across a wider range of tiers. 

Want more low tier content ideas? Adapt the OP's method and reward players for playing a ship many times. In line with gaming's usual method of requiring double the points for each upgrade: 

1. First time you grind enough xp so that you can 'research' the next ship in the line. 

2. Now grind twice that amount of xp again and you get a permanent camo (with no buffs other than the base concealment/dispersion).

3. Now grind three times that amount of xp to get a permanent camo with the base buffs plus -5% service fee, +5% captain xp and +5% free xp per battle

4. Now grind four times that amount of xp and you get a permanent camo with the base buffs plus  -10% service fee, +10% captain xp and +10% free xp per battle

5. Now grind five times that amount (because you don't have a life) and your permanent base camo has base buffs plus -15% service fee, +15% captain xp and +15% free xp.

WG could adjust those figures as they like. It would potentially represent some very real reasons and rewards for players to play low tiers. 

And just signal/represent the number of times a player has 'upgraded' their ship with a flag or a painted ring on their gun barrels (one ring per upgrade) or a number signifier (1, 2, 3, etc.) after their ship name in the battle list (if that doesn't make the game program lose it's mind)? Note that the above buffs reward the player but don't give them competitive advantages (the game remains fair), but some form of signalling is required so that those with a need for recognition can get it and so that their opponents are given fair warning of the level of experience that they're up against. 

Or yeah, just go ahead with the current Research Bureau. Make us all get attached to our ships and then make us all sink them and start again. That just makes so much sense and 'oh boy' it sounds like so much fun... :Smile_facepalm:

[TKR]
23 posts
13,644 battles

@Farlesquew Yeah, A cosmetic reward. And don't take our hard earn ships from us.

The current reward in Research Bureau right now aside from "Zara", There is also "Collert". And she is ridiculous!! 

All I can do now is wishing to the stars that they will cancel all of this BS, I guess....

• Cool 1

4,509 posts
8,614 battles
16 minutes ago, Shiny_Stone said:

The current reward in Research Bureau right now aside from "Zara",

Bear in mind, it's only in PTS. They are there only to test the RB features, and to WG, the new Italian cruisers seem to be good content for testing.