You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

How's your French Event going?

49 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,153 posts
10,324 battles

As of today I've collected 500 Tokens and change, so I've bought the first two Legion of Honor Bundles. 250 of those came from the Jaguar mission, another 250 from "Snowflakes".

Two week's worth of Directives accomplished with little trouble. Two more to get Siroco. So that looks doable, even if they steeply ramp the last week of directives.

Finished the daily shipments, but no further French destroyer drops. I got Jaguar on the first container but nothing since. I've also pretty much tapped out the "Snowflakes".

So I think the Token challenge is well out of reach. I need 900 more, and that's not realistically going to happen unless do a massive spend on containers and premium ships.

WG: "working as intended". I know ... but still...

Edited by Rina_Pon

4,499 posts
8,614 battles

Just got Jaguar. Will finish the 15k xp mission for Vauquelin's camo.

Doesn't matter if I don't get anymore DD mission. Vauquelin's camo is all I want from this.

[BLESS]
1,153 posts
10,324 battles

Ah, smart. Thinking on it, the permanent camos are the better spend.

[CLAY]
2,650 posts
11,999 battles

Yeah, I was wondering if the bundles are really worth it. If they awarded a premium ship, or gave early access to the tech tree ships, but nearest I can tell is they just give you a bunch of stuff, and the option to buy, with doubloons, random bundles.

213 posts
9,985 battles

I'm cruising the directives, have finished the snowflakes and have about 1100 tokens. I had to spend money on crates to get any of the DD early access drops (I got the T5 and T6, which is enough to keep me happy and away from the low tier grind). None of the standard containers have dropped any missions for me.

I'll hold my tokens until the last few days so I know which DD's I end up getting, then buy the perma camo for the highest tier I got and / or the T8. I might get a bundle or two with the leftovers, but I'm not too fussed about them.

It's all very relaxed after the Benham grind, which is nice.

4,499 posts
8,614 battles

Heh. Just bought the camo for Vaukelynn

FEELSGOODMAN INTENSIFIES

Jaguar is a beast (I mean, Jaguar). She takes damage like a champ. Good AP. I wish that German DDs have that kind of damage-tanking ability.

Edited by Paladinum

[ZEST]
408 posts

Before: Play for FUN.

Now: Come on buddy lets get some dirty routine and PLAY to WIN !! I want these tokens!

I gotta like 450 tokens now and got 2 French DD from that free containers.

Still, need working hard on it.

• Funny 1

[KAMI]
1,503 posts
12,398 battles

Got a jaguar from the free container

Jaguar is soo good for a t5

[KAMI]
1,503 posts
12,398 battles
51 minutes ago, Alien_Unleashed said:

Hmmm what am I doing wrong

so far only have 190 tokens and no dd's

not much fun with this event

u aint lucky enough 🤐

[BLESS]
1,153 posts
10,324 battles
1 hour ago, Alien_Unleashed said:

Hmmm what am I doing wrong

so far only have 190 tokens and no dd's

not much fun with this event

That's about what you get unless you get a DD, since each DD you get is good for 250 Tokens.

Still, 200 gets you fairly decent haul of swag in the first Legion of Honor bundle, plus all the Directive awards. 250 gets you a free permacamo. So just a little more. ..

459 posts
4,576 battles

I have just 165 tokens. Probably will sit there till the end of the event. That's how my French Event is going.

Administrator
373 posts

Just completed Jaguar and Vaukelynn mission! 

On 8/4/2019 at 1:44 PM, Gummilicious said:

Jaguar is soo good for a t5

And yes, totally agree with it 🙂 

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,473 battles

I got about 10 containers and no ship mission so far. Seems the next directive is much harder - $3m credits each country. Non premium I can get ~50k to 150k per random/ops on average. This means ~20 to 60 games per nation. I can at best complete just 1-2 directions at this rate.

401 posts
3,047 battles

Not very well tbh.  I've only collected  45 republic tokens so far, not that I mind.  I'm focusing on grinding just one line atm.

RNG hasn't been very favorable either as I have still yet to receive a combat mission for the ships despite opening over a dozen of those containers now!

I think I'll sit this one out.  

Edited by Frozen Hearth

[1AN-C]
56 posts
3,096 battles

Got the T6 in the second container I opened. Nothing since then, but that'll do me. Hoping to get 250 tokens together for the first package before the event ends, but that's enough for a casual like me. Still trying to get used to no smoke, makes for a very different approach.

[SEARN]
1,029 posts
15,673 battles

Just playing when I can and getting the directives done. Thankfully this is nowhere near as grindy as the missions for the Benham.

Got the T5 in a free container from the 1st directive. Bought 14 containers from the prem store and got the T7 and T8. Then got the T6 yesterday in another free container from 2nd directive.

After saving all my tokens from ship missions and playing individual ships, I bought all the container bundles for tokens and was lucky enough to get the T9 Mogador in the 3rd 1K dubs container I opened.

Slowly playing through tiers with individual ships for tokens and managed to get enough tokens for the T5, 6 and 7 perma camos. Just fortunate to have 265+ ships and almost all of the T7, 8, 9 and 10 ships that earn tokens.

[BLESS]
1,153 posts
10,324 battles
3 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Got the T5 in a free container from the 1st directive. Bought 14 containers from the prem store and got the T7 and T8. Then got the T6 yesterday in another free container from 2nd directive.

Whoa, congrats man!

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
209 posts

I used all my French DD flakes and the French DD missions and, so far, got up to the 3rd Armory set, the Jaguar, and the Vaq camou. I have only 380 tokens left. But I wonder if we still have time to get the Siroco in the French event and finish its mission for the 250 tokens more. Time might catch up. Otherwise, I can't go beyond the 4th Armory set and gamble for the Mogador - my ultimate target. 

247 posts
5,359 battles

Up to the Week 3 French set of Directives, all 4 packages unlocked, all the snowflakes shaken off........

Played the T5 and T6 DD and.....the T5 is pure CV bait. Not fast enough, not turning fast enough, just begging to be killed.

The T6 is kinda fun.......but overall, I find the line doesnt like being uptiered.

4,499 posts
8,614 battles

Got my Vauq's camo and I don't really want to continue for various reasons... But I can still try to get more containers for Vauq herself. My remaining goal since the whole thing started.

Edited by Paladinum

[BLESS]
1,153 posts
10,324 battles

The third set of directives though... 3 million credits from however many lines is pretty grindy. USN and IJN lines I can deal with, but no way am I going to manage 3 milliion from Blyskawica... 😐

4,499 posts
8,614 battles
3 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

The third set of directives though... 3 million credits from however many lines is pretty grindy. USN and IJN lines I can deal with, but no way am I going to manage 3 milliion from Blyskawica... 😐

She's a prem and with prem time, 200k/match is easy game... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Paladinum

459 posts
4,576 battles

I kinda did the math for the 3rd set of objectives. You have 7 days in total. You need about 428000 credits per day on 6 distinct nations to complete those objectives in the 7 day window. Now that might feel herculean to some but if you have a few high tier prems from events/coal and FXP, it's doable even on standard account. Just slap a flag and camo and drive straight into PVP.

Now if you don't have any camo or flag and you don't have premium ships or account, then you have roughly 1 and a half week to grind those credits comfortably. The last 4 days leading up to 21st you will have to reserve to finish the last set of objectives. Adding today you have 10 days to grind 300k per day on 6 nations if you wanna meet that goal. That is only possible if you have a tier 5+ ship in everyone of those nations.

Honestly this event heavily favors players with large vivid Armada i.e WG gave a giant middle finger to new players who wanted to enjoy an event. Even those with a large fleet have to grind out a few games playing ships they like or not. In short, WG focused more on forcing their premium items on players rather than create a fun event for the entire playerbase.

• Cool 4

[KAMI]
418 posts
5,618 battles

The entire event is only meant to be completed by old players or whales. I'm not allowed to participate in this event because I don't have the ships.

• Cool 1