You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

So many different currencies in the game, and they should be used for different things

23 comments in this topic

4,493 posts
8,613 battles

First of all…

SAY NO TO NTC/RESEARCH BUREAU

Are we good now? Okay, let’s begin.

We have so many different currencies in the game already.

A few are “core” or “basic”: Credits, Free XP, Captain XP.

Real money currency: Doubloon.

“Basic” special currency that can be earned by playing normally: Coal.

“Special” currency that can be earned through PvP-focused modes: Steel.

Credits, Free XP, Doubloon, Coal and Steel are ‘permanent’ currencies because they will always be earnable and usable regardless of time, while event-specific currency that can only be earned and used during certain events. They are thematic and the types of rewards should be flexible.

Each of those can be used for different things. Ships, specifically, can be bought with 5 ‘permanent’ currencies above. There are Credit ships, Doubloon ships, Coal ships, Steel ships, Free XP ships (and Coal /FXP ships). 

Isn’t that too many already? And now WG also want to create ANOTHER currency to buy ships with?

As I have said in my thread yesterday, NTC/RB is a horrible way to get people to re-grind lines. The rewards have NOTHING to do with the ships being re-grinded, AND it also has NOTHING to encourage people to play low/mid-tier ships.

The whole thing is just one big whale bait.

Changing those ships into Steel ships with ridiculous price and selling Steel missions a few times a year is a faster and EASIER way to get cash. It’s already done before, all they have to do is to sell those missions more than once year, maybe once every quarter.

Re-grinding lines has to reward players with things that they can use on their ships. Their TECH TREE ships. Their LOW/MID-TIERED TECH TREE ships.

It’s pretty simple. Create a new resource (surprise, mofos). This resource can be earned by winning matches in T1-7 ships once a day.

Create a new tab in the Arsenal. In this tab, using the new resource, players can buy stuffs like:

+ Premium camos for tech tree ships of Tier 1 - 7;

+ Limited quantity of Coal (3000) and Steel (400) (renew every Update);

+ One tech tree ship buying coupon (renew every 2 Updates), 15% off the Credit price. For T8 - 10 tech tree ships only. This does not stack with Update-specific discounts;

+ One Credit earning and one XP earning “Upgrades” for T1 - 7 tech tree ships camos (renew every 2 Updates). Each Upgrade can increase the credit/XP bonus of a premium camo by 10%. A camo can only be upgraded three times;

+ Nation and ship type-specific badges and badge backgrounds;

+ Visual elements/cosmetic items to mount on your ships, like the ship’s name, the player’s name, ship badges, etc.;

PS. What is the point of researching modules except alternative modules (example: different torpedo options on IJN DDs)? What is the point of Hull B grind while people can buy a ship with her best hull from the moment of buying, while grind a bit more for the next ship? Why do you subject people to that pain while most Hull A and Hull B are ahistorical or very similar with each other? Easier to make clone premiums this way~

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 11

[-CAT-]
2,042 posts
10,747 battles

WOWS team is complicating the game. Why not KISS (Keep It Simple S****d) like Linux philosophy.

Basic and/or core currencies is enough. Earning them through blood and sweat is already enough but should have limits on grinding to earn them. Otherwise, players will just skip it entirely and WG make no money. Effort and time wasted.

Money to buy some of the currencies, sure, but, even money is earned through blood, sweat, and tears (What? You think money grows on trees?). This is a daily grind that all people can not avoid.

And

Naval Training Center / Research Bureau = нет! нет! нет!:Smile_izmena:

Edited by S0und_Theif

4,493 posts
8,613 battles
17 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

WOWS team is complicating the game. Why not KISS (Keep It Simple S****d) like Linux philosophy.

Basic and/or core currencies is enough. Earning them through blood and sweat is already enough but should have limits on grinding to earn them. Otherwise, players will just skip it entirely and WG make no money. Effort and time wasted.

Money to buy some of the currencies, sure, but, even money is earned through blood, sweat, and tears (What? You think money grows on trees?). This is a daily grind that all people can not avoid.

There are players who sit on too much virtual wealth (NA mostly) and they want something to do with it. There are people who could free xp the entire US and IJN trees and still have FXP to spare.

They are some serious payers. But all games run out of content sooner or later.

As said MANY times before by MANY people, NTC/RB cannot accomplish what WG said they wanted to do (low/mid-tier repopulation). Seems intentional.

I have posted this in my earlier thread: It's easier to make those ships into Steel ships with ridiculous price and sell Steel missions a few times a year, instead of just New Year.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[-ISO-]
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
20 hours ago, Paladinum said:

SAY NO TO NTC/RESEARCH BUREAU

I'M WITH HIM!!!

WHO ELSE???

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles
33 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I'M WITH HIM!!!

WHO ELSE???

Entire Community 

[-CAT-]
2,042 posts
10,747 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I'M WITH HIM!!!

WHO ELSE???

Credits where credit are due:

Even Notser do not like NTC/RB. I cant find flambass's video regarding NTC/RB.

But its still re-grind. = нет!

It was not "reworked from the ground up" as the devs have mentioned. It never was. It was only "renamed".
Rework and rename are 2 different words and meaning. (повторно работы и переименование - это два разных слова и значения.) There I poorly translated it.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,004 battles

The more different currencies that come out they de-value the rest of them. Another currency wall to lock people from getting certain access to ships and game content. It all leads back in one direction...........MONEY.

[LBAS]
4,710 posts
10,698 battles

I swear to the god NTC/RB unworthy sh!t

Administrator
373 posts

SO MANY BOLD CAPS!!!!! :fish_panic:

But yes... I've read whole the comments and some do make sense... 

We've been keeping an eye of Research Bureau topic so please, share your ideas and opinions as much as you want captains.

• Funny 1

4,493 posts
8,613 battles
2 hours ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

SO MANY BOLD CAPS!!!!! :fish_panic:

But yes... I've read whole the comments and some do make sense... 

We've been keeping an eye of Research Bureau topic so please, share your ideas and opinions as much as you want captains.

More BOLD CAPS for you to read:

Btw, I'm taking a break from the game (at least until the end of the week). I'll be in Ranked Season whenever it starts... Oh sh*t it's tomorrow.

In the mean time, I'll be posting a wave of ship line proposal/speculation threads. Expect the usual: poorly researched, questionably written, fantasy filled threads by me... Since Ranked Season starts tomorrow, I guess I won't be posting anything.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,042 posts
10,747 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, GOMBEE8626 said:

The idea of re-grind is well generally a bad lousy idea. Especially on T8 to T10. The grind is heavy insane.

It was not reworked like what the devs mentioned in their posts. It was only renamed. The re-grind idea is still there. Only players who use bot program benefits and honest players don't.

Other 3 forums in Asia dislike the re-grind idea. August 2 of Full Ahead in youtube has a lot of negative comments/posts on NTC and RB. Dislikes the idea of re-grind.

And re-grinding a T7 Italina cruiser for 14 times as a guinea pig. It is safe to say T10 Colbert and Ohio will be more than that once they are ready for implementation. :Smile_facepalm:

Ideas has been shared around in the forum and content contributors youtube pages. Just no to the idea of re-grinding the entire line from T1.

Besides T7 to T10 is where the juicy part begins. Ranked Battle, Clan Battle, Snowflake Events, Even some directives requires T7 as a minimum requirement. Asking players to give it all up for low and mid tier game play and miss out on most of the events just does not make sense.

I have repeated Paladinum's past posts again. No to NTC/RB re-grind. Don't rename it again. :Smile_izmena: Keep the currency simple. Its not a smartphone that you create and then discard them later. (Event currency excluded) It is not efficient, it is not economical, it is not ecological, it does not make sense in the end. It becomes a throw away rather than being a keeper. (Again, Event currency excluded)

Apologies to Pala if I have repeated what you said over and over again.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

4,493 posts
8,613 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

And re-grinding a T7 Italina cruiser for 14 times as a guinea pig. It is safe to say T10 Colbert and Ohio will be more than that once they are ready for implementation. :Smile_facepalm:

It's PT. It is just PT.

Apologies to Pala if I have repeated what you said over and over again.

Not repeated enough. Needs to repeat MORE

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,935 battles

Ah yes, found this thread again. 

FYI, they raised the Rubbish Centre requirements to 5 T10 ships. Obviously catering to a certain population.

Anyway, my current plans: Free xp French DD to T10, ignore Mordor if I can, then go back to finishing my remaining German DD, Russian DD and American BB lines stuck at T10. After that, stop playing because the grinds are stupid waste of time and then go play other more interesting games. My HoI4 and Stellaris really need more time. Currently my top gaming priorities: 1. ONI 2. KSP 3. Stellaris 4. HoI4. WoWS is just in the "meh, pointless hassle" pile.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,042 posts
10,747 battles

@dejiko_nyo

They are too thin skinned to admit that it is the wrong decision, yet they are too block headed to admit that it is a wrong decision.
As a consumer, I ain't gonna buy a product that is going to make customers have a hard time. No buy. No re-grind.
Once the product is a failure, the CEO is gonna kill them anyways.

Just like paladinum's previous posts, they are becomming more and more like EA. And we all know what happens to good titles when EA took over (Westwood Studios, Dreamworks MOH, etc), they all went bye bye.

Edited by S0und_Theif

4,493 posts
8,613 battles

*snipped*

WG just increased the number of researched T10 required from 2 to 5 (PT 0.8.7 Round 3) for RB. That number matters not to whales.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,935 battles
26 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG just increased the number of researched T10 required from 2 to 5 (PT 0.8.7 Round 3). That number matters not to whales.

Oh god. I realised with your comment that it means the majority of Colbert and Ohio are going to be piloted by clueless potatoes.

[-CAT-]
2,042 posts
10,747 battles
53 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG just increased the number of researched T10 required from 2 to 5 (PT 0.8.7 Round 3). That number matters not to whales.

"sigh" WG, just "sigh"

naked-gun-facepalm.gif

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles

An idea on how to rework economy : NUKE IT !!!!!!!! BURN IT WITH FIRE !!!!!!!!! 

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,935 battles
26 minutes ago, appoclyse said:

An idea on how to rework economy : NUKE IT !!!!!!!! BURN IT WITH FIRE !!!!!!!!! 

Burn baby burn!

[-CAT-]
2,042 posts
10,747 battles
41 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Burn baby burn!

Now you give me LSS 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by S0und_Theif

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,004 battles

The Research B is to provide more content for new and existing customers, i meant players.........., we all know 90% of the players who plan to use this will use up there hard earned stash in money and time of there FXP, and in 1 swoop WG will take all of it cos we dont want to re-grind all those ships again....................not 2 tech tree but 5, 5 tech tree t10 ships.........................for just 1 Colbert. That head banging on the keyboard then into your screen. Not only FXP but credits also cos you only getting half of it from each ship..... , so then they will release maybe more ships and subs too now, locked behind more coal and steel and most of all FXP, that you just used up and now you need more premium time and flags and most of all your time. 😃 enjoy grinding the 5 lines again.

Edited by AxEyBoI