You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

Ping from New Zealand - game unplayable

15 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
516 posts
18,040 battles

Hey, anyone else having issues with ridiulous latency - 400 to 1500 ms, esp in the Auckland area. last 36 hours

Game is unplayable, and I have tested this both from my home and work, on two different PCs, ping is the same. So dofferent ISPs, different computers.

Anyone else? Just thought Id ask before submitting a worthless ticket.

Edited by j0e90

[SEARN]
1,028 posts
15,653 battles

I'm not in NZ but I am experiencing random ping spikes during games. Many in my clan have mentioned experiencing the same. Ping is fine (for me) at 80-100 ms, then suddenly goes berserkoid and goes up to 2000-3000 ms. Has been happening in last couple of patches. Nothing running in background on my PC using the network, and no other online services is experiencing ANY ping issues except for WOWS :Smile_sceptic: Hasn't done it for last couple of days so here is hoping it is fixed....

Yes, in my experience submitting a ticket is a waste of time. You will be asked ridiculous condescending questions in the name of troubleshooting, like to check if you have your internet connected and other stupid things. Might be better to approach your ISP and ask them about it, as if it is happening on 2 different PC and 2 different ISP it may be a routing issue or another local network problem rather than something WG can do something about.

@j0e90 Hope you can get to the bottom of this and get back into the game. I know the frustration of having ping issues making the game unplayable.

Edited by HobartAWD

[LBAS]
106 posts
7,141 battles

@OP

It is not the game or WG fault It is your ISP you should be talking to.  Have you tried doing a traceroute?  I’m in Chch and my ping is fine so i can tell you it has nothing to do with the undersea cable at least.

[IWN]
88 posts
4,443 battles

There is really nothing you can do about lag spikes other than wait it out, unless the issue is immediately at your end and your ISP can fix it - which it usually is not, just see if you have other similar issues as well. I'm currently playing from Europe with just fine 110ms latency, but get the occasional spike up to 400 or so, and at times the game is simply unplayable because of the jumping so I just give it a rest for the day.

[ANZAC]
516 posts
18,040 battles
38 minutes ago, Griefmaker said:

@OP

It is not the game or WG fault It is your ISP you should be talking to.  Have you tried doing a traceroute?  I’m in Chch and my ping is fine so i can tell you it has nothing to do with the undersea cable at least.

As I said, I have tried from both home AND work - two different ISPs. And the routing my work uses is totally to different to home.  Maybe you should read the post before commenting....ah wait, its the Internet isn't it, who actually reads a post completely before replying. Stupid me.

[AN-DO]
11 posts
15,529 battles

Same problem. Starting from around 5pm NZ time yesterday the servers have gone to shit. Even trying to get to the website is very very slow and the game is unplayable, going from 130 to 1900 ping constantly all the time.

I've tried playing from 3 different places on 3 different ISPs and even off a 4G mobile connection and they are all as bad as each other. Pretty much makes this weekend a wash if it keeps going

[ANZAC]
516 posts
18,040 battles
2 minutes ago, FurryCrew said:

Same problem. Starting from around 5pm NZ time yesterday the servers have gone to shit. Even trying to get to the website is very very slow and the game is unplayable, going from 130 to 1900 ping constantly all the time.

I've tried playing from 3 different places on 3 different ISPs and even off a 4G mobile connection and they are all as bad as each other. Pretty much makes this weekend a wash if it keeps going

EXACTLY what I have found - last night the forum etc kept being unavailable. I guess I will raise a ticket - suggest you do the same for what that is worth .

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,546 posts
40,020 battles

same here, in SEA high ping (from 40 up to 1000) suddenly happened to us last night

Edited by MatterCore

580 posts
1,630 battles

before pointing the finger at anyone or anything, try to check the speed connecting Japan with this first:

http://www.dospeedtest.com/statistics/speedtest-Japan

The game, WG, ISP and the internet segment could all be the cause of the delay

Try the command traceroute to see which segment the latency come from.

It is WAY TOO EASY to blame the internet and the ISP, then no-one need to do anything

Edited by tsuenwan

10 posts
1,286 battles

Give the GCore looking glass site a run, see what the return route from WG to your pc is.  I have had success with getting WG to fix up their return routing so that packets back to Australia weren't going via the US...... 

https://lg.gcorelabs.com/

Administrator
373 posts

Hello commanders, as far as I know there was no issue from WG's side.

And I assume that sometimes there's a high ping / server issue in certain countries.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope now everything is okay:Smile_sad:

10 posts
1,286 battles
33 minutes ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

And I assume that sometimes there's a high ping / server issue in certain countries.

Generally true but there have been times where my network traffic to Australia has been negatively affected by poor routing on the return leg from WG.  I suggest people do a forward and reverse traceroute and raise a support ticket if traffic is getting routed all over the place instead of the most efficient route.  Stick to your guns and it's usually fixed with the typical Russian grumbling.  The "everything is fine" line by non-support staff is usually just that.

Not sure what is going on with WG's ISP's but there have been some amazingly stupid routing over the years, especially for us Aus/NZ'ers out there. 

Administrator
373 posts
2 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

I suggest people do a forward and reverse traceroute and raise a support ticket if traffic is getting routed all over the place instead of the most efficient route.

Wonderful suggestion, captain! Thank you 🙂

And yes we do report and share the ping issues internally whenever it becomes an issue.

Even though I can't guarantee anything at this moment but we will try our best to provide better condition.

10 posts
1,286 battles
1 minute ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

And yes we do report and share the ping issues internally whenever it becomes an issue.

Even though I can't guarantee anything at this moment but we will try our best to provide better condition.

👍

• Cool 1

[NNS]
34 posts
7,942 battles
On 8/14/2019 at 7:42 PM, GOMBEE8626 said:

Finding it real bad ATM. Was just in a game and was getting 7000ms+ jumping to -35ms. I assume the -35 is WoWs out of range error. Ping has been all over the show the last few days. This is a online ping test but i don't know how reliable it is:

ping_Wows.thumb.png.bedcb789eab308c83b570f9e663cd603.png

On 8/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, Snarky_Wombat said:

I suggest people do a forward and reverse traceroute

What's the ip address for the ping/tracert for the Asia server? I've looked but haven't been able to find it.

PS. Sorry for thread necro - should have looked at the date.

Edited by DracoTB
thread necro