You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

With the Research Bureau coming on PT, does it make you quit the game?

58 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,188 battles

Ah, the good ol NTC Program that was made by the devs, but there are massive backlashes, however, what will you do on this new system they planned next patch? 

Quit the game, or start a new life again but with more OP Ships? i guess they're trying to add Break Limit System like on Azur Lane.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

459 posts
4,576 battles

Ermm... what are you talking about? WG reverse coursed on that idea within a day or so after the NDA was lifted. The backlash was so immense they completely scratched the idea of grinding to buff your ships again. The present NTC rewards are being reworked(allegedly) with more focus on the cosmetic side of things.

Still... it is bad.

Reminds me of the Hong Kong situation right now.

Hong Kong leader: The extradition bill is withdrawn!

Hong Kong protestors: Say the bill is "gone for good!"

Hong Kong leader: ... "The bill is dead!"

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Funny 6

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,188 battles
Just now, LonerPrime said:

Ermm... what are you talking about? WG reverse coursed on that idea within a day or so after the NDA was lifted. The backlash was so immense they completely scratched the idea of grinding to buff your ships again. The present NTC rewards are being reworked(allegedly) with more focus on the cosmetic side of things

I mean the grind, not just the buffs, Once you complete the entire line you can use Free XP or start a new grind with powerful ships, it maybe tiring to other players to get the grind for more far powerful buffs.

[TLS]
3,948 posts
20,022 battles
4 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Ermm... what are you talking about? WG reverse coursed on that idea within a day or so after the NDA was lifted. The backlash was so immense they completely scratched the idea of grinding to buff your ships again. The present NTC rewards are being reworked(allegedly) with more focus on the cosmetic side of things

Neither Colbert or Ohio are cosmetic especially now.

@BIGCOREMKP0I

This is just as bad.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 4

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,188 battles
Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

Neither Colbert or Ohio are cosmetic especially now.

@BIGCOREMKP0I

This is just as bad.

Most of the premiums i fear, are going to be buffed as well with this system. imagine an Atlanta firing 0.5 seconds on your ship.

[MRI]
3,456 posts
14,872 battles
20 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

The present NTC rewards are being reworked(allegedly) with more focus on the cosmetic side of things.

Wait this is the first time I am hearing the rewards are going to be cosmetic. Do you happen to have a link to that?

Because last I heard they are offering unique Tier 9 and 10 Premiums as rewards. Which is just as bad as the old NTC.

• Cool 1

459 posts
4,576 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

Wait this is the first time I am hearing the rewards are going to be cosmetic. Do you happen to have a link to that?

Because last I heard they are offering unique Tier 9 and 10 Premiums as rewards. Which is just as bad as the old NTC.

https://devtrackers.gg/world-of-warships/p/5b591fbf-psa-naval-training-center-update

Specifically: 6th paragraph

image.png.193612ee4022a9a9f9e3f2caaac1b97e.png

[TLS]
3,948 posts
20,022 battles

I repeat, neither Colbert nor Ohio are cosmetic. That sentence hidden deep in the article is a bythought. We wanted it to be the Cosmetics Research Bureau. Not the Unbalanced Research Bureau.

PS. I was briefly reading the reddit earlier and it seems that wg have managed to divide the playerbase. People who have no lives (and other games to play) are supporting it in droves. All I see are Chinese bot farms going to profit. Since I missed the bitcoin rage, maybe some of us should form Research Farming Incorporated? For a fee, your painful 6 lines of grind can be made easy!

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 6

4,536 posts
8,629 battles

The current NTC - now Research Bureau is still as bad, since the rewards are 2 ships that need some severe nerfing.

There is NO cosmetic reward as of now.

There is NO longer any buff reward.

Latest official info is on Facebook, but you can also read here:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,188 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I repeat, neither Colbert nor Ohio are cosmetic. That sentence hidden deep in the article is a bythought. We wanted it to be the Cosmetics Research Bureau. Not the Unbalanced Research Bureau.

USSR Research Blyat. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

459 posts
4,576 battles

Yeap. The whole cosmetic thing was probably mentioned to calm people down. It was vague and never followed up with any specifics. That's why I used the word "allegedly". Apparently for WG, WoWs Asia is now WoWs China. We all love to grind now.

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,188 battles
10 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Yeap. The whole cosmetic thing was probably mentioned to calm people down. It was vague and never followed up with any specifics. That's why I used the word "allegedly". Apparently for WG, WoWs Asia is now WoWs China. We all love to grind now.

Cheese Grinder? :Smile_veryhappy:

[MRI]
3,456 posts
14,872 battles
20 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Thanks!

But after reading the full text it just confirms what we all thought: Unique and potentially unbalanced ships as rewards.

Also I find it hilarious that WG says the rewards will be interesting and unique but not mandatory, then goes on to say in the very next sentence that ships are provided as rewards. Ships - that means it will affect the outcome of matches. Unique - that means they will provide tactical opportunities never seen elsewhere. In other words, essential for anyone any competitive player.

Either WG has a very different definition of the word mandatory or they are lying out of their ears.

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,558 posts
40,275 battles

most interesting thing is RESEARCH POINT << stolen from WAR THUNDER :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
8 分前、Thyaliad の発言:

Either WG has a very different definition of the word mandatory or they are lying out of their ears.

The Russian-English dictionary WG have are made by something like google translate itself 5 times over, perhaps :Smile_hiding:

But, yes, I don't like the idea from the beginning, it is absoluetly not needed and wasting people time.

3 分前、MatterCore の発言:

most interesting thing is RESEARCH POINT << stolen from WAR THUNDER

one the greatest irony for WG in 2019.

P.S. "Suspend" and "withdraw" are quite different in terms of legislation.

Edited by spixys
  • Cool 3

4,536 posts
8,629 battles
8 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Nah they are lying out of their collective hive mind.

[TLS]
3,948 posts
20,022 battles

Excuse me while I grind ONI with duplicants named after wg. Much more interesting.

[FORCE]
2,216 posts
11,769 battles
1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

i guess they're trying to add Break Limit System like on Azur Lane.

But in a very wrong way. We never have to reset our AL waifu level & regrind them again.

If WG wants to add Colbert and Ohio as the rewards, make it like PR (Priority Research) ships in Azur Lane.

- Colbert for example; make a quest that requires anyone who wants to have her to grind a specific amount of XP with French ships only.

- Ohio; same as Colbert, but with US ships only.

Yes this system sounds very familiar to what Azur Lane actually implements into the game.

And if WG's intention of this NTC/Research Bureau is to MAKE LOW TIERS GREAT AGAIN, break the quest on each ships into several parts, and restrict each part to certain tiers (part 1 = T4-5, part 2 = T6-7, and so on). This will certainly push up the number of battles on lower tiers. Then of course, say no to tech tree reset. The key of the system I'm suggesting is to give some reasons to the players to keep some of their non-high tier ships.

The minimum requirements are still the same:

- All participants must have at least 2 fully researched lines (regardless of nations).

- All participants can only do one ship quest line at a time (to prevent the hardcore farmers get too far ahead than they should be which also to give WG some time to roll out new cycles without rushing them).

Edited by Sir_Feather
grammatical errors
  • Cool 3

[ATLAS]
17 posts
14,478 battles

I am alright with the current Research Bureau as long as you can't use Free EXP to re-research the line

Edited by KevinFE8284

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,596 posts
7,390 battles

This is not cosmetics and just a reworked NTC.   Players that grind or fxp will get ship with a better performance over the standard tech tree.  It will do nothing to enhance mid tiers and also burn out players.    The secs just don’t want to let this idea go.

• Cool 6

4,536 posts
8,629 battles
Just now, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

This is not cosmetics and just a reworked NTC.   Players that grind or fxp will get ship with a better performance over the standard tech tree.  It will do nothing to enhance mid tiers and also burn out players.    The secs just don’t want to let this idea go.

That's the idea. 100% whale bait.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,596 posts
7,390 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

Which was the idea of the NTC.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it’s still a duck.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALT]
2,020 posts
10,542 battles
26 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

well, Who in sane mind would do monotonus grind multiple time, or Spend tons of money for Underpowered - Port Queen Ship

ofc its need to be overpowered for appeal :Smile_trollface:

Edited by humusz

[TLS]
3,948 posts
20,022 battles
22 minutes ago, humusz said:

well, Who in sane mind would do monotonus grind multiple time, or Spend tons of money for Underpowered - Port Queen Ship

1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

People who have no lives (and other games to play) are supporting it in droves. 

Those people.