Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

Rockets or torpedoes in space mode should be the same as normal mode.

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

So I have tried out the space mode I immediately went to the destroyer and tried it out and OMG! The torpedoes should be like this is normal mode 16.6k distance at 66knots just scale them down for lower tiers like tier 7 mahan should get 8 to 9k effective distance and 58 to sixty knots speed.. The spread is decent and balanced from what i saw gave plenty of chances for a enemy ships to dodge them at the same time in the right situation the 16.6k distance and 66k speed ensured you got hits. It was fantastic lagy. Lagged like crazy but fantastic. Perfectly balanced, not overpowered the spread was good the speed was just right,did not feel under powered or at a disadvantage at all felt normal. Perfect!

Please bring these torpedo stats and characteristics to normal mode.

Edited by adampurkis

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

You realize that all the spaceships are already in the regular game, using regular stats? Flyfire is actually the Gearing, just reskinned for the space mode.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

You realize that all the spaceships are already in the regular game, using regular stats? Flyfire is actually the Gearing, just reskinned for the space mode.

Yeah but why cant low tiers have the same stats only scaled down? Instead torpedo stats on low tiers are all over the place. The gearing gets 16k Im on the mahan right now and it only gets 6.5 everytime i get close enough to ensure a kill i get shot to death. At tier 7 it should be something like 8 to 9k. Torpedo speed should be like 57 towards sixty. The higher the tier the better the torpedoes should be. I am talking about the usn line as for the IJN i am on tier 6 and so still cannot say anything about the line apart from the guns are stupid slow. The smoke screen cool down is too long but that is the same with all of them.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So the most basic calculation we're looking at here is:

Instead torpedo stats on low tiers are all over the place. The gearing gets 16k Im on the mahan right now and it only gets 6.5 everytime i get close enough to ensure a kill i get shot to death.

US DD = Bad Torpedoes + Good Guns

I am talking about the usn line as for the IJN i am on tier 6 and so still cannot say anything about the line apart from the guns are stupid slow.

JP DD = Good Torpedoes + Bad Guns

It's almost like the solution to your problems with US/JP DDs has giftwrapped itself already.

Edited by Retia

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

So the most basic calculation we're looking at here is:

US DD = Bad Torpedoes + Good Guns

JP DD = Good Torpedoes + Bad Guns

It's almost like the solution to your problems with US/JP DDs has giftwrapped itself already.

Not talking about the ships themselves I am talking about torpedo performance individually.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

We need one click per tube torpedo control to better spread the torpedoes. The user interface has the torpedo logo with timer if its on reload. Once they are loaded it should display the amount of torps available and loaded you press once minus one torpedo, just press until it goes down to zero altering the angle of each torpedo launched then it reloads. If you have just used two then you should be able to press r and reload anyway just to top up. 

As for perfomance like i said should be the same as the top tiers but scaled down at the moment they are all over the place and inconsistent the mahan has only 6.5 which is ridiculous when going up against tier 8 sometimes tier 9 cruisers and destroyers not to mention battle ships... 

Edited by adampurkis

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Not talking about the ships themselves I am talking about torpedo performance individually.

This reminds me a lot of the people noting that the Tiger was inferior to the IS merely because it had less alpha damage.

Now that could be a balancing issue, or an issue of people not understanding that the gameplay of the same class of vehicles in different

techtrees is going to be different.

Remembering that I only used guns on the US DDs during alpha (With occasional torpedo salvos of opportunity, read: CVs)

and only really used/am using torpedoes on JP DDs kinda makes me think it's the later.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well basically you must try hard in certain Tier

Like Tier 7 Destroyer T25/2 (With gun just 10mm piercing better than Hellcat) to tier 8 T28 With Turret (With Mother Freaking Great Tier X Gun)

Sign in to follow this