You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

[Just for fun] A slightly Weeb poll

[Just for fun] A slightly Weeb poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see another collab event with Azur Lane?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 3. If yes, which faction(s) you prefer to see?

• US Navy
    • Royal Navy
    • Kriegsmarine
    • Imperial Japanese Navy
    • French Navy
    • Soviet Navy

55 comments in this topic

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles

Though Azur Lane is good, I would much rather see a WoWs x Kancolle collab.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
2,191 posts
11,654 battles
2 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

That could work if the event is exclusive to Japanese ships. I mean they don't cater the other navies that much to begin with. But of course this collab could happen only when the company stops restricting the game from foreign audiences.

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles
28 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

That could work if the event is exclusive to Japanese ships. I mean they don't cater the other navies that much to begin with. But of course this collab could happen only when the company stops restricting the game from foreign audiences.

Kancolle have quite a number of foreign ships now actually. Since most IJN ships have long been added to the game, the only things left to add are foreign navies.

Like in the last event, 3 of the 5 newest ships were foreign - Colorado, Fletcher and Giuseppe Garibaldi.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,191 posts
11,654 battles
10 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Kancolle have quite a number of foreign ships now actually. Since most IJN ships have long been added to the game, the only things left to add are foreign navies.

Like in the last event, 3 of the 5 newest ships were foreign - Colorado, Fletcher and Giuseppe Garibaldi.

But still, Kancolle has a lot to catch up. I'm not saying Kancolle is bad though, but the game turned stale until the developers began to crank up new ideas to be added into the game. They probably got triggered when "a certain rip-off" becomes popular.

• Funny 1

459 posts
4,576 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Sadly that won't happen ever(I think?). There is a rumor that Wargaming tried hard to court them after Arpeggio Collab ended but Kadokawa outright refused on grounds that they only were interested in catering to Japanese market exclusively. That's why WG turned course and pursued Haifure instead followed by AL.

Frankly, I disliked AL collab. I am a big fan of ship girls and an otaku as much as the next guy can hate. So I assure you the art or the country of origin wasn't the problem. The problem was the voice acting work the seiyuus did. I am not sure how they sound in AL but their voice work for WoWs was atrocious. Azuma, Hood, Nelson to name a few you can get just by playing and boy do these girls scream in your ears. I didn't feel one bit moed by anyone of them. Maybe that's how they are supposed to be?

Furthermore, Wargaming went full cash grab with this collab. You could only get a few goodies if you didn't pay and even if you did the prizes were lackluster and events near boring mindless grind. I'm not even advocating giving away premium ships but the least WG can do is make long but interesting grind events that lead to special ships that don't have to print extra money but having it feels like an achievement in itself. And no I don't mean take a ship and slap a new skin on it. I mean proper different class ships.

In any case it wasn't impressive at all. So a big NO from me. It's a dud collab, sorry.

PS: Dear OP. No point of the first question if people who choose NO have to answer the second question anyway. Not your fault or anything. Just putting it out there. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Cool 4

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

They probably got triggered when "a certain rip-off" becomes popular.

What? You mean Warship Girls R? :Smile_trollface:

Even though I am not a fan of Azur Lane (I don't like the character designs), I welcome the competition it brought since it forced the Kancolle devs to innovate.

And frankly Kancolle could do with taking some ideas from its contemporaries like AL and GFL, such as the dorm system.

1 hour ago, LonerPrime said:

In any case it wasn't impressive at all. So a big NO from me. It's a dud collab, sorry.

I thought the AL voices were ok actually, but then again I only have the first wave of captains. But I was more cheesed off by the fact that WG went all lootbox on us with the 2nd round of collab. No way to get the new captains without either gambling with lootboxes or buying an overpriced bundle which was inflated by stuff I would never buy with real money, like credits and basic flags.

Was also not happy with how WG shoehorned Montpelier and Yukikaze into WoWs just to milk money from weebs. Those ships are some of the most uninspired Premiums in the game I have ever seen. Montpelier is basically a Cleveland with minor stat changes while Yukikaze is a Kagerou clone with F3 torps. Why use one of the most famous IJN ships for what is essentially a copy-pasta Premium? So much wasted potential. Why not use some other less famous Kagerou? WG could have just introduced a permacamo for Cleveland and Kagerou if they were going to introduce such uninspired ships.

It just smells of cash grab.

Edited by Thyaliad

[CLAY]
2,650 posts
11,999 battles

I would like to see a collab with something about Warships, that isn’t Anime, that focuses on ships other than Japanese. I mean, I don’t mind the anime collabs and IJN ships, but why does almost EVERY anime collab have an a strong focus on IJN ships? Where’s the US production that focuses on warships? Where’s the German? British? Italian? Almost like Japan is the only nation that makes media based on WWII ships.

• Cool 2

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles
10 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I would like to see a collab with something about Warships, that isn’t Anime, that focuses on ships other than Japanese. I mean, I don’t mind the anime collabs and IJN ships, but why does almost EVERY anime collab have an a strong focus on IJN ships? Where’s the US production that focuses on warships? Where’s the German? British? Italian? Almost like Japan is the only nation that makes media based on WWII ships.

Anime is meant to cater to a Japanese audience, so having a strong focus on Japanese ships is to be expected. Just like how Hollywood typically caters to a Western audience. As for US productions, we sorta had a tie-in with the Dunkirk movie. Also there is that upcoming Midway movie coming up, but something tells me it is going to be shit. Not going to stop WG from doing a collab with them if they so wish though.

As for the other European countries, I think it is because for them WWII was mostly a land war, so it makes sense there aren't many WWII productions focusing on ships.

• Cool 1

4,499 posts
8,614 battles
42 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I want ARP Atago. Even more Tsun-tsun.

She's a siscon, not a tsun.

I want ARP Maya. A Takao-class that isn't a copy-pasta of Takao.

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
2,650 posts
11,999 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Anime is meant to cater to a Japanese audience, so having a strong focus on Japanese ships is to be expected. Just like how Hollywood typically caters to a Western audience. As for US productions, we sorta had a tie-in with the Dunkirk movie. Also there is that upcoming Midway movie coming up, but something tells me it is going to be shit. Not going to stop WG from doing a collab with them if they so wish though.

As for the other European countries, I think it is because for them WWII was mostly a land war, so it makes sense there aren't many WWII productions focusing on ships.

Yeah, I also get the feeling that other countries don’t see ships in quite the same way as the Japanese. And any western movie is more about the people, not the ships, for the west, ships are a setting, not necessarily characters. Though I’m surprised Pixar haven’t made a spin-off called “Ships” yet.

But that’s really my point, no other Nation seems to have the same reverence of WW2 ships the same way the Japanese do (Really, it’s kinda weird on Japan’s part). So the only warship related media we get is Japan focused.

I suppose if we want more western focused collabs, we need to convince animators to make some western focused animation about US ships or something. But the problem there is that anything with that sort of war focus wouldn’t use WW2 ships, it would probably use sci fi stuff to make it as far as possible from realistic war, completely making up ships and vehicles. And the animation would probably be crappy.

Sigh...

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,965 battles
33 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I want ARP Maya. A Takao-class that isn't a copy-pasta of Takao.

Carnival dayo!

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,965 battles
11 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, I also get the feeling that other countries don’t see ships in quite the same way as the Japanese. And any western movie is more about the people, not the ships,

That is what made Transformer movies crap. Focus on puny humans.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

4,499 posts
8,614 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

That is what made Transformer movies crap. Focus on puny humans.

Michael Bay has all the chances to make Transformers out of WW2 museum ships. Nope. Keep on making boring land battles.

• Funny 1

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles

Expect a block buster for your money  ? just come to Michael Bay so you can enjoy "PATRIOLISM, PRODUCT PLACEMENT, SLOW_MO, UP SHOT CAMERA, SEXUALIZE WOMAN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AND the best of all he can pull of EXPLOSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" 

1_MpYNgdhvNr_PxJ1MBX1x6Q.gif

Edited by appoclyse

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
3 分前、appoclyse の発言:

Expect a block buster for your money  ? just come to Michael Bay so you can enjoy "PATRIOLISM, PRODUCT PLACEMENT, SLOW_MO, UP SHOT CAMERA, SEXUALIZE WOMAN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AND the best of all he can pull of EXPLOSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" 

1_MpYNgdhvNr_PxJ1MBX1x6Q.gif

And ignores history.

[TLS]
62 posts
23,123 battles
2 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Did someone mentioned EXPLOSIONS?
You've just earned an achievement!
detonation.png.3a4e6c460b8d7cb74c82cc50a87fa6f8.png

Well regarding the topic.. wont mind any additional collab thou, but only hope it was a free event just like the previous ARP where you can earned ships for free (with grinding OC)

Now now, I am not a free loader but it would be NICE ONLY IF you can gain a lot of benefit being free player for this (next) time

P/S: Could not hardly wait for Azur Lane: Cross Wave for PS4

Edited by Coccoro
  • Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,191 posts
11,654 battles
11 hours ago, LonerPrime said:

PS: Dear OP. No point of the first question if people who choose NO have to answer the second question anyway. Not your fault or anything. Just putting it out there. :Smile_hiding:

Uhh that's why I started the second question with "If yes". The second question also serves as a demographic poll of which factions are popular, and which ones aren't.

5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

II mean, I don’t mind the anime collabs and IJN ships, but why does almost EVERY anime collab have an a strong focus on IJN ships? Where’s the US production that focuses on warships? Where’s the German? British? Italian?

That summarizes what Kancolle was before Azur Lane became a thing.

In ARP's case, it is like the Japanese version of Transformers with several differences.

9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I thought the AL voices were ok actually, but then again I only have the first wave of captains. But I was more cheesed off by the fact that WG went all lootbox on us with the 2nd round of collab. No way to get the new captains without either gambling with lootboxes or buying an overpriced bundle which was inflated by stuff I would never buy with real money, like credits and basic flags.

Was also not happy with how WG shoehorned Montpelier and Yukikaze into WoWs just to milk money from weebs. Those ships are some of the most uninspired Premiums in the game I have ever seen. Montpelier is basically a Cleveland with minor stat changes while Yukikaze is a Kagerou clone with F3 torps. Why use one of the most famous IJN ships for what is essentially a copy-pasta Premium? So much wasted potential. Why not use some other less famous Kagerou? WG could have just introduced a permacamo for Cleveland and Kagerou if they were going to introduce such uninspired ships.

It just smells of cash grab.

Now that you mention it. WG picked some questionable choices in the first waves. Apart from being tsundere, neither Nelson nor Hipper are popular enough other than being meme materials. Belfast, Enterprise, Hood, and Cleveland were solid choices not only because they are popular, but also because they are voiced by the popular voice actresses.

The second wave was disappointing due to the cash grab tendency WG showed. The lootbox WG tried to sell is somewhat insulting since this kind of cash grab has never been exercised by AL at all. I'm not saying AL is completely free of lootbox mechanics, but they keep it only on boxes you cannot buy with real money (grind only).

Montpelier is one of new ships in AL, and not that popular either. So WG's decision to add her in WoWs is questionable. On the other hand, Yukikaze is a reasonable choice. But WG implemented her into the game in a wrong way.

WG could have added special captain on the ships that are available in WoWs, and probably permanent camo too. Especially since AL had added some paper ships from WoWs into the game during their collab like Monarch, Neptune, Ibuki, and even Roon!  But WG really wasted the potential in these two.

[LBAS]
1,548 posts

No

it's good if they try but no matter what they try, this game can't give me satisfaction as high as azure lane.

....speaking of which.... it's time to buy another ring!!  :cap_haloween:

[REPOI]
6,319 posts
26,007 battles

frenchies, all the frenchies in AL are bae, especially saint lo and JB

• Cool 1

459 posts
4,576 battles

I wish they would reboot Arpeggio anime with actually following the manga this time. Don't get me wrong, what we have is definitely nice but they are hastily tying off the story to end it. Really leaving a bland taste in the mouth.

541 posts
6,731 battles

I couldn't care less about Montpelier (I was never a big fan of her real life ship too) but WG missed a big potential with Yukikaze- the lucky ship of the IJN that even saw a pretty good post-war career in Nationalist China, and was scrapped only because Japan doesn't seem interested in making her a museum ship.

Although I'm glad WG gave us a free opt-in mission last wave that allowed me to get Hood (my AL waifu), so there's that at least.

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles
3 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

I wish they would reboot Arpeggio anime with actually following the manga this time. Don't get me wrong, what we have is definitely nice but they are hastily tying off the story to end it. Really leaving a bland taste in the mouth.

I prefer having the Ultimate Yamato >_>

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cap_cool:

*** Balance and go rampage