GOMBEE8626

PT, Research bureau

24 comments in this topic

Administrator
373 posts

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Since its announcement, the Naval Training Center has received many changes, including the change of its name to the Research Bureau.

Soon, you will be able to try out the new mechanics on the public test server with version 0.8.7. Today, we would like to summarize all the details of the Research Bureau.

The core of the system remains the same: players will be able to earn a new "research points" resource and spend it in a special section of the Armory. To do this, players will need to reset researched branches of the ships and then research them again.

More about the Research bureau:

Each player, who has at least two tier X re-searchable ships in port, will be able to reset any re-searchable branch of the ships. In this case, the research of the branch will be canceled, and the ships sold with all modules.

Reset rules:

• You must have researched a tier X level ship in the branch you want to reset, but you don't have to research all previous ships in the branch.
  • The branch is completely reset to tier I ship. For example, if you decide to drop a branch of Soviet destroyers starting with Grozovoi, it will be dropped to Minsk and then to Storozhevoi and Novik. After that, if you want you will be able to reset the other Soviet destroyers branch, starting from Khabarovsk on the same principle, but the bonuses will be received only by Khabarovsk, Tashkent and Kiev.
  • Modifications will be removed free of charge and moved to the inventory, commanders will be sent to the reserve and keep their specialization, all accumulated experience will be transferred to the first ship in the branch.
  • You can reset an unlimited number of branches.

When you reset a branch, ships from the VI-X level will receive a special mark, which can be taken off by winning on this ship. Activating this mark will give you research points.

More about the research points:

• If for some reason there were "gaps" of unresearched ships in the branch, these ships will not receive a bonus for the victory. For example, if during the early access you got the Soviet tier VIII battleship Vladivostok, and later researched the branch of Soviet battleships to the Kremlin and reset it, then you will get bonuses only for the tier VIII-X ships;
  • Bonus for the victory will be displayed in the port interface in the same way as other similar bonuses, for example, "stars" or "snowflakes".
  • You can get research points once per branch reset on each ship by gaining the first victory;
  • The number of research points that player can get depends on ship's tier. A player will be able to earn 10,000 Research Points for one branch reset:
    • 500 for the victory on a tier VI ship.
    • 500 for the victory on a tier VII ship.
    • 1500 for the victory on a tier VIII ship.
    • 1500 for the victory on a tier IX ship.
    • 6000 for the victory on a tier X ship.

Player can get only 8000 research points for CV branch reset. This is due to the fact that approximately 20% less experience is required to research a CV branch.

In addition, each player with at least 2 tier X re-searchable ships in port will receive a one-time award of 10,000 research points for accessing the Research bureau system.

The research bureau system will be divided into seasons of 3 months each.

At the initial stage, the impact of the seasons on the Research bureau will be that the ships of the first branch reset in the season will receive a double amount of the research points. This bonus will remain on the ships until player gains his first victory on them.

This bonus will make it easier to accumulate research points for the most expensive awards. For example, to save for the Colbert (worth 57000 research points), the player will need 4 branch resets instead of 5 (including a one-time award of 10,000 research points).

Rewards:

Research points can be exchanged at the Armory in the Research bureau section.

The Research bureau tab will be available to the player in the Armory only after receiving the first research points.

The Italian V-VII level Montecuccoli, Trento and Zara cruisers will be available on a public test server in the Research bureau. So, you can be one of the first who test the full-throttle smoke generator and semi-armor piercing shells. Details can be found on Thursday in the Developer Bulletin and news with details of the Public Test.

After the release of the 0.8.7 update, players will be able to exchange research points for the French tier X cruiser Colbert, and later it will be joined by the American tier X battleship Ohio. If you are not ready to save for a new ship, you will be able to profitably exchange the research points for the combat signals and free XP bundles. One bundle of 250,000 free XP will cost 12,500 research points.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and all mentioned numbers may change afterwards.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

58 posts

The 3 month seasons... please if its mean to slow down people who can play a lot, ok. But do not use it as a way to exclude casual players that cannot complete a line in that period. You can design a system that isn't maxed too quickly for the hard core while at the same time not being a barrier to the casual (ie Steel). I play this game because I can grind at my own pace, but if it becomes that I have to keep up a certain grind/week or else I am hard excluded, then I'll move on to something else. Why I left hearthstone and other games. You can reward the hardcore without punishing the casual....

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,553 posts
40,237 battles
1 hour ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

One bundle of 250,000 free XP will cost 12,500 research points.

Ridiculous price :cap_wander_2:

[POIBC]
83 posts
7,095 battles

Basically its a new system to get new ships. But the way it works is absurd.

You mean I cant paly the X ships when the branch is reset? I think you should re evaluate the research bureau.

[TLS]
3,937 posts
20,000 battles
7 hours ago, MatterCore said:

Ridiculous price :cap_wander_2:

Who in their right mind would spend freexp for research points. It would be more profitable if you converted into freexp AND freexp your line to T10 x6 to get the Colbert. I expect the first Colbert to be out in the wild in 24hours.

6 hours ago, romanstone said:

Basically its a new system to get new ships. But the way it works is absurd.

You mean I cant paly the X ships when the branch is reset? I think you should re evaluate the research bureau.

4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Jeeezus.  Just stop it.  It sounds horrid.

Round 2. FIGHT!

Remember, concerned people, that in the first round we said no. Now in Round 2, they are trying to divide and conquer us by bribing some of us into their cause so as to fragment our cause.

• Cool 1

4,532 posts
8,629 battles

While I like the concept of re-grinding tech tree lines, the execution and the rewards are 100% unfavorable.

A few things NEED to be changed:

+ You MUST NOT sell the ships we already have in Port. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. That will save people A LOT of unnecessary clicks.

+ The reward ships MUST BE BALANCED properly. Ohio overpowers Montana (26s reload with large cruiser's dispersion, what the f***?) and Colbert is 99% impossible to shoot at. Henri IV is already bad enough with ridiculous range and speed. Colbert also has RoF on top of that.

+ Free XP MUST NOT be allowed for the re-grind. MUST NOT.

It's easier to put those ships in the game as Steel ships with highly inflated price than a system that makes people re-grind lines but do absolutely NOTHING meaningful for the line being re-grinded. Pointless.

Sure, change the name, that will make people forget what it truly is. You know, EA "changed" the name of loot boxes and the Internet made them into the bad guys. I guess I can do that with you too.

In conclusion:

SAY NO TO RESEARCH BUREAU

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[KAMI]
1,506 posts
12,419 battles
10 hours ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

One bundle of 250,000 free XP will cost 12,500 research points

I am sure you are missing a zero behind..

should be 2500000FXP for 12.5k research point

Spoiler

dont ban pls

• Funny 1

[LGND]
493 posts
12,413 battles

wtf 4 line reset just to get 1 so "special" ship TX ???? sure i gladly to reset but give me back my total credit i spent including Xp in every ship and put them in free exp....
for example i had 3 million exp in Des Moines, so if i reset that line all exp in my ship transfered to free exp and i got my credits back....

Edited by Gesterbein

58 posts

Its a sign of a poor game if there are too many currencies.

There's credits, doubloons, XP, free XP, commander XP, coal, steel, copper, token of the month, and now research points...

Its not good that the economy is so bjorked that new currencies have to be frequently introduced.

[-CAT-]
2,104 posts
10,848 battles

Again?, NO!

Renaming from Naval Training Center to Research Bureau makes no difference. They are still the same species. Just different name.
It was not "reworked from the ground up" as the devs have mentioned. It never was. It is still regrinding.
Why not just use normal excess Exp from T5 to T7 (Resource 1) and T8 to T10 (Resource 2) (All modules should be researched and ship should be in elite status). And use that to gain/exchange research points. (Kind of like WOT. When you have finished grinding on researching a tank, excess Exp will help accelerate crew training.) This to me is more war gameing style. And guarantee many players will accept

Regrinding from "let's say" T6, and loose the ability to play T10? I get it. You want players to play some lower tier games. But asking us to regrind with "as it is" a high research value on high tier ships? I say No!

Have you considered these:
1a. For those who are new to WOWS, casual players, and occasional players, would you leave them behind just for the sake of regrinding?
1b. For those advance players and hard core players (as well as players who use bot hack programming to grind through) who has a ton of Free XP, they get to advance no problem.

Have you thought of this scenario?

And these:
2a. There is already an infestation of players who use "bot hack programming" to grind through the game. This has not been rectified. This will just encourage players to use this illegal program even more.
2b. Once you have found ways to permanently ban players who use "bot hack programming" then you loose player count.

Have you thought of this scenario as well? Choose your poison.

I have no problem on Pay to:
Buy Premium Ship = Fine
Buy Doubloons = Fine
Buy Premium Time = Fine
Advance for NTC/RB = No!

This is war gaming not war thunder.

My suggestion, concentrate on:
Italian Navy (in progress)
Commonwealth of Nations Navy
Pan-American Navy
Pan-European Navy

American Branch BB, CL, CA and DD
British Branch BB, BC, and CA
German Branch BC, CL and DD
French Branch BB, CA, and DD
Japanese Branch BB and CL
Pan-Asia Branch DD (possible CL?)

Game modes like:
Space Battle
Halloween Battle and Scenario
Twilight Battle (Battle Royal with Limited Ship Type and Tier) Note: Steel Rat was buggy on FXP reward
Rouge Wave (Fatal 4 Way Battle Royal with Limit Ship Type and Tier) Note: This mode needs some tweaks on after battle rewards. They go negative at times.
???????? (Triple Threat Battle Royal with Limit Ship Type and Tier)
Solaris 7 style "Battle Tech/Mech Warrior"(12 players Battle Royal, No alliance. Last man standing. Limited Ship Type and Tier.)
Night Battle
Other Scenarios (T5 and T8 ships needs scenarios. T7 only has 3 scenarios)
Other game modes you have yet to try and test.

Game and Ship Balancing
CV Balancing (I know eventually you will bring back the odd tier ships once the balancing is complete.)

Other payment methods: (There are a lot of new ways to get cash out other than just creadit cards. You just did not tap on the correct resources. Digital payment is increasing in Asia all around. Start mining.)
Line Pay
Samsung Pay
Apple Pay
WeChat Pay
Ali Pay
Telecom Companies that offer Digital Payments/Wallets
Pre-Paid Cards
Mobile Banking
Patreon (you can ask players or non-players to donate $1 or more for your development. Honestly, Linus TT, Binkov Battlegrounds, Infograpgics have even advertised your game. Ask for their help since you have LTT camo as a thank you.)

Video sharing monetization (you already have Youtube and Twitch TV, why not look both local (russian) and regional(japan, china, france) as well as alternatives like Vimeo, Mixer, Floatplane. You can ask linus team for help and in return give them camo and comemorative flag for their services. Just like your community contributors. Or did you forgot them?)

See there is a lot of work to be done. NTC/BR is not one of them.

Edited by S0und_Theif
Adding other means of payment method
  • Cool 4

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor, Super Tester_
773 posts
7,862 battles

I'm still not fan of this Concepts. WG, Please scrap this idea. This whole system is just SEAL CLUBBING

[ATLAS]
17 posts
14,478 battles
16 hours ago, Paladinum said:

This. Make Free EXP not allowed in re-researching, or just scrap the whole idea.

[-CAT-]
2,104 posts
10,848 battles
17 hours ago, Paladinum said:

@Paladinum

Confirmed by the Devs during the stream, Free XP will be allowed for the re-grind.

401 posts
3,047 battles

This concept does nothing but hamper the progress of casual players who can't afford to keep regrinding the same ships over and again like being stuck in a time loop.   

Wait, this is optional right? Can we choose NOT to reset tech trees?  

4,532 posts
8,629 battles
10 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

@Paladinum

Confirmed by the Devs during the stream, Free XP will be allowed for the re-grind.

SAY NO TO RESEARCH BUREAU.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,104 posts
10,848 battles
7 hours ago, Paladinum said:

SAY NO TO RESEARCH BUREAU.

Naval Training Center / Research Bureau = нет!:Smile_izmena:

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,550 posts
5,474 battles

No WAY

No RB , who is that developer that designed Research Bureau should be fired!

You expect me to start all over again?

[TLS]
3,937 posts
20,000 battles
2 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

No WAY

No. Reset progress of the person that suggested it along with his salary/perks. Restart from junior intern, and make him/her work their way up again. THAT is what this NTC2 is.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,553 posts
40,237 battles
20 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

I have no problem on Pay to:
Buy Premium Ship = Fine
Buy Doubloons = Fine
Buy Premium Time = Fine
Advance for NTC/RB = No!

This is war gaming not War Thunder.

you hear that WG,

Why the hell u want to against players, huh?

Have u done enough with this?

NO ONE WANT IT THEN WHY BRING IT :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,104 posts
10,848 battles
5 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

No WAY

Who is that developer that designed Research Bureau AND the manager who approved this design should be fired! :Smile_izmena:
No developer's design would progress if no manager liked the design and approved the design. It is called Quality Control. They are all equally responsible for this shenanigan.

Not even Notser and Flambass liked the idea of re-grinding and loose the chance to play Ranked and Clan battles.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TLS]
3,937 posts
20,000 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Who is that developer that designed Research Bureau AND the manager who approved this design should be fired! :Smile_izmena:
No developer's design would progress if no manager liked the design and approved the design. It is called Quality Control. They are all equally responsible for this shenanigan.

Not even Notser and Flambass liked the idea of re-grinding and loose the chance to play Ranked and Clan battles.

No, don't fire. Make them REGRIND their job from basic salary. See above. That would be much more satisfying.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
2,104 posts
10,848 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

No, don't fire. Make them REGRIND their job from basic salary. See above. That would be much more satisfying.

Oouuuu.... you are giving me ideas.

Why stop at basic salary. Since it is a re-grind, why not start at the very start at T1. Minimum wage, no benefits, no health insurance, no leaves (leave without pay), contract job for 6 months with "possible" provision for renewal.

Now that's a re-grind. :Smile_izmena:

Naval Training Center / Research Bureau = нет! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,550 posts
5,474 battles
15 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Oouuuu.... you are giving me ideas.

Why stop at basic salary. Since it is a re-grind, why not start at the very start at T1. Minimum wage, no benefits, no health insurance, no leaves (leave without pay), contract job for 6 months with "possible" provision for renewal.

Now that's a re-grind. :Smile_izmena:

Naval Training Center / Research Bureau = нет! :Smile_izmena:

This individual will get 50 Dollars per month.

• Funny 1