Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

French DD "unusual properties"

7 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,158 posts
10,361 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-the-full-guide/

The unusual properties of their hulls: their HP can be reduced to zero, just like the ships' ends. The result is that this part of the ship receives half the typical damage after several hits.

I'm having difficulty parsing this.

Normal DDs can damage-saturate their bow and strern but not the midsection, but French DDs can also saturate their midsection. Is that what this means?

Edited by Rina_Pon

4,528 posts
8,629 battles

Yes.

Just understand it like this: these ships have the HP of their sections distributed in a way that they can take more damage than other DDs.

[SALT]
2,019 posts
10,542 battles

Being Saturated mean they only take half Penetration damage (0.165 instead of 0.33). making They are more resistant than their Hitpoint indicate

Fully Saturated section took 0 damage, but AFAIK - hull still took damage unlike bow or stern

[FORCE]
2,212 posts
11,713 battles

My Jaguar took HE salvo from KGV at 5km away and somehow only lost 6k (could have died if I were on other DDs). My sides were saturated enough by the enemy DD prior to that.

[TLS]
3,937 posts
19,996 battles

Can we make it so that hull saturation means less/no damage but a very high chance of a drakonation? It is stupid that section HP gone but ship still floating.

PS: I particularly mean the core citadel/engine sections as opposed to bow/stern/superstructure. 

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Sign in to follow this