Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Buff German ships' turret traverse speed

12 comments in this topic

4,690 posts
8,752 battles

They are not fast enough. Compare to many other more powerful lines, German ships' traverse speed is simply too slow.

Gneinesau, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Siegfried: from 36 to 30s.

Scharnhorst, Graf Spee: from 25 to 24s.

FdG: from 32,7 to 30s.

GK: from 40 to 36s.

Nurnberg: from 23,7 to 20s.

Yorck: from 34,6 to 30s (5,2 degree/s is about as slow as Myoko, which is a shame)

Hipper, Eugen, Roon, Hindenburg: from 22,5 to 20s.

Gaede 128, T-61, Maass, Z-23 128: from 22,5 to 15s.

Gaede 150, Z-39, Z-23 150: from 22,5s to 18s.

Z-46, Z-52: from 18 degree/s to 22 degree/s.

Do it. Just do it.

PS. Now if you excuse me, I'll go making my custom perm camos for my Deutsche schiffe.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,378 posts
19,445 battles

Gib das mier Kriegen Boaten Buffen!

459 posts
4,576 battles
17 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Compare to many other more powerful lines

My Yamato would like to know your location.

[POI]
968 posts
10,543 battles

German lines used to have the best turret traverse speed ( vs US and IJN) b, I think the initial idea was to allow German line to excel in medium to close range, where their turrets can keep up with the target, especially German BB lines. But now they are neither here nor there. 

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,778 posts
12,390 battles
1 hour ago, LonerPrime said:

I can give it to you, but by the time you've turned your turrets in my direction, I will be on other side of map 😛 

• Funny 1

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
1 hour ago, LonerPrime said:

This comment is so ironic to me for some reason...

459 posts
4,576 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I can give it to you, but by the time you've turned your turrets in my direction, I will be on other side of map 😛 

image.png.607b000b6957d380712bd1e7144f8664.png

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles

No no no... buff Minotaur's turret traverse

5 seconds are too slow!

Putting the sarcasm aside, I'd say the Russian DDs need it more because the IJN gunboats are somewhat acceptable, like why grind for Khaba if Harugumo is better in most aspects?

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,945 posts
22 hours ago, Paladinum said:

They are not fast enough. Compare to many other more powerful lines, German ships' traverse speed is simply too slow.

Gneinesau, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Siegfried: from 36 to 30s.

Scharnhorst, Graf Spee: from 25 to 24s.

FdG: from 32,7 to 30s.

GK: from 40 to 36s.

Nurnberg: from 23,7 to 20s.

Yorck: from 34,6 to 30s (5,2 degree/s is about as slow as Myoko, which is a shame)

Hipper, Eugen, Roon, Hindenburg: from 22,5 to 20s.

Gaede 128, T-61, Maass, Z-23 128: from 22,5 to 15s.

Gaede 150, Z-39, Z-23 150: from 22,5s to 18s.

Z-46, Z-52: from 18 degree/s to 22 degree/s.

Do it. Just do it.

PS. Now if you excuse me, I'll go making my custom perm camos for my Deutsche schiffe.

tenor.gif?itemid=5676616

[TLS]
4,069 posts
20,266 battles

My 2cents. Traverse is the least of the problems. It is the legendary German dispersion, especially on the battleships. Cruisers, I don't notice this legendary dispersion issue (Right now trying to survive grinding hipper out to roon). But with gaede and maass, I found the issue was more of the reload/inability to go toe to toe with a gunboat dd, though I must admit, I haven't been playing them much because other lines need grindy. Actually I lie, playing other ships are much more fun than doing the grind. Right now what is left is the two soviet dd lines, the german ca/dd line and the usn bb line.

To me, turrets turning faster only for the shots to scatter all over the place is just as bad as turrets not turning fast enough for you to fire because both result in the same thing: 0 damage.

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

My 2cents. Traverse is the least of the problems. It is the legendary German dispersion, especially on the battleships. Cruisers, I don't notice this legendary dispersion issue (Right now trying to survive grinding hipper out to roon). But with gaede and maass, I found the issue was more of the reload/inability to go toe to toe with a gunboat dd, though I must admit, I haven't been playing them much because other lines need grindy. Actually I lie, playing other ships are much more fun than doing the grind. Right now what is left is the two soviet dd lines, the german ca/dd line and the usn bb line.

To me, turrets turning faster only for the shots to scatter all over the place is just as bad as turrets not turning fast enough for you to fire because both result in the same thing: 0 damage.

Shhhh, this post is about getting WG's foot in the door. You have to start small.

And turrets turning slowly REALLY annoys me. Getting your turrets toward the targets in time makes some difference.

Sign in to follow this