Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moganite

This is how You counter CVs as a DD

13 comments in this topic

[TLS]
3,937 posts
19,996 battles

These are the post I love. DD OP. Nerf Plz. 😛

It basically shows that dds are doable, just need to change the way of playing. My clanmates have been bullying cvs in their dds since the rework, hence I cannot understand what this fuss is about.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

459 posts
4,576 battles

Actually the fuss starts with tier 8 and above CVs. At this point CVs become quite potent to wreck DDs that are alone and out of smoke charges/cooldowns. That's where the whine comes from. The fact that higher tier DD population simply refuses to believe that their playstyle has changed now and they need to stay close to other ships rather than Rambo alone somewhere is simply mind boggling. Yes DDs have become more challenging and yes if you get separated from your team things will get dicey but DDs are stil doable. Keep your AA off and the moment planes fly over you, switch it on with full sector against it. Try and trick their lead and for the love of all that is holy, stay near someone so you can take advantage of the combined AA bubble

• Cool 2

[TLS]
3,937 posts
19,996 battles
7 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Actually the fuss starts with tier 8 and above CVs. At this point CVs become quite potent to wreck DDs that are alone and out of smoke charges/cooldowns. That's where the whine comes from. The fact that higher tier DD population simply refuses to believe that their playstyle has changed now and they need to stay close to other ships rather than Rambo alone somewhere is simply mind boggling. Yes DDs have become more challenging and yes if you get separated from your team things will get dicey but DDs are stil doable. Keep your AA off and the moment planes fly over you, switch it on with full sector against it. Try and trick their lead and for the love of all that is holy, stay near someone so you can take advantage of the combined AA bubble

I think I need to be a bit clearer. My clanmates bully T8/10 CVs in their DDs. >_>

Obviously they have adapted to the new situation and take delight in tormenting cvs. What can I say? :3

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

1,160 posts
11,077 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It basically shows that dds are doable, just need to change the way of playing. My clanmates have been bullying cvs in their dds since the rework, hence I cannot understand what this fuss is about.

All it shows is a garbage CV player got wrecked, nothing more. 

2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I think I need to be a bit clearer. My clanmates bully T8/10 CVs in their DDs. >_>

Obviously they have adapted to the new situation and take delight in tormenting cvs. What can I say? :3

They bully trash CV players you mean? Decent CV player's wreck DD's or move on. They have adapted to prey on trash players, that is all.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,337 posts
26,063 battles
6 hours ago, dieselhead said:

All it shows is a garbage CV player got wrecked, nothing more. 

for once, we can actually agree on something

• Funny 1

1,160 posts
11,077 battles
9 hours ago, drakon233 said:

for once, we can actually agree on something

Bound to happen eventually,I'll try not to make a habit of it xD

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,754 posts
13,662 battles

hey stop talking nerf CV

he said CV needs buff!!

n0lOWtL.thumb.png.293a73ebd3dc4776576a63dd4ec4171a.png

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,060 battles

Had a game in my Atago and had to go bathroom and it started, only to come back and find out the CV had bombed my for 15k health from spawn. I was annoyed. So since the game had started and both teams have literally went to the flanks i though fk this im going down the middle and i did to catch the CV off guard and Kill him which was an Audacious. Was like loving it when i got in range he threw everything at me but i got him and was satisfying.

[LBAS]
4,728 posts
10,726 battles
On 7/4/2019 at 6:55 PM, Onlinegamer said:

hey stop talking nerf CV

he said CV needs buff!!

You just let the world be 
You never change the world with own hands 
OR like others

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles

Me: Sneaks past entire team in my Asashio*

Spots a completely motionless CV player*

Sinks it with torpedoes*

[-BRO-]
357 posts
20,257 battles

Well i never said it would work on competent players guaranteed or even any player just that this is one definite was of countering them. All you really need to do is spot the CV. I do things lite this with DDs even in high tier if there is an opportunity for it.

Also been on the receiving end of it and managed to defend against it though I had help to do that.

• Cool 1

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles
20 minutes ago, Moganite said:

Well i never said it would work on competent players guaranteed or even any player just that this is one definite was of countering them. All you really need to do is spot the CV. I do things lite this with DDs even in high tier if there is an opportunity for it.

Also been on the receiving end of it and managed to defend against it though I had help to do that.

Quite afew CV players don't bother moving because they assume they are safe.

I just snuck past the enemy BBs by hugging the map border and found the Implacable just sitting there not even moving. 

Even when my torpedoes are  closing in he still is not moving, more concentrated on controlling his planes.

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

Sign in to follow this