You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Well guys and girls, only 3 more days for the little discount(15%) on the pre-orders; who has already started to get the pre-orders? and what/why?

Also, are the doubloons worth it, as in, how many doubloons get used for buying an extra slot, or buying a ship, etc. (no-one has really covered how many doubloons get used.

Im on the fence about getting the doubloons, I do wish we got some for buying the ships and such.

I'll get the 3 ships for sure. (may get doubloons if a showing of the costs etc and more info shown on how they are calculated)

Also on a side note, Jingles has made a video how is say's it's for the open beta, yet the people already in the beta's and such, get access to the orders right away, im guessing they just say available open beta, for the thousands of people whom haven't gotten an invite to the closed, and expecting to buy these premium items thinking thats another way to get in. NO it is not another way to get in, once open beta is out, we will then get access to the items.

Another side note, hoping we can spend a week to download the game before open beta is out, I mean just download the files, and have a count down timer on the sign in page. this should stop the slow down of downloads when everyone at the same time wants to download the game files

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Would rather if they added gold to the ship packages instead of lousy premium. Gold has more uses and lasts indefinitely. 

^ This. 

Else I would wait until better, more profitable prem show up after game release. Maybe tier 5-7 BB/CV or CA.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

pre orders for what lol?

Im not buying anything for this game while it is in BETA... i think the hundreds of dollars i have spent on world of tanks already covers that...

Honestly i am kind of annoyed that the accounts do not share gold/premium time.

money grabbing at its finest.

Edit:

im a sucker, i caved and bought 3 ships, didnt realise they were selling ships for keeps.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

pre orders for what lol?

Im not buying anything for this game while it is in BETA... i think the hundreds of dollars i have spent on world of tanks already covers that...

Honestly i am kind of annoyed that the accounts do not share gold/premium time.

money grabbing at its finest.

They do share gold and prem time, only after game official release.

This is due to the fact that WoWS is still in Beta and there will be atleast a couple more wipes to be done. And possibly, free gold given for testing during later phases (that will also be wiped before release).

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

They do share gold and prem time, only after game official release.

This is due to the fact that WoWS is still in Beta and there will be atleast a couple more wipes to be done. And possibly, free gold given for testing during later phases (that will also be wiped before release).

Well it turns out pre order also means you get the ships if you have a BETA account lol, i bought all 3 of those ships just now.

Edit:

i dun goofed, i should have got the t8 jap destroyer with 10 torpedo tubes lol, damn that looks nasty

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I'm starting to see Sims and Yuubari though.

as for goald sheeps, I hope that the beta sheep is a lulzy just like WoT's KV-220T

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

as for goald sheeps, I hope that the beta sheep is a lulzy just like WoT's KV-220T

inb4 cbt reward ship ain't actually a ship but a sub. dun dun duuuun

Beta Tester
4 posts
361 battles

After read another post about this pre-order premium ships. I'm going to get Yubari for sure. (Some Kancolle influence hehe :D )

But seriously why don't WG wait for Open beta first before start this pre-order because I think that only few people have try this game in CBT and there still so many people never

play this game except watch some Live stream or YouTube Let's play video. How can they gonna spend some $$$ to this game before they know that this game is for them or not.

IMO start pre-order with 15% discounts in OBT should boosts more sales than in CBT phase but anyway this is just my opinion.

And I'm support OP idea of be able to pre-load the game before open beta too.

Edited by Huntz62

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

After read another post about this pre-order premium ships. I'm going to get Yubari for sure. (Some Kancolle influence hehe :D )

But seriously why don't WG wait for Open beta first before start this pre-order because I think that only few people have try this game in CBT and there still so many people never

play this game except watch some Live stream or YouTube Let's play video. How can they gonna spend some $$$ to this game before they know that this game is for them or not.

IMO start pre-order with 15% discounts in OBT should boosts more sales than in CBT phase but anyway this is just my opinion.

And I'm support OP idea of be able to pre-load the game before open beta too.

Quite possibly (and this is only a guess) that the devs want to test/check that the shop integration with the WoWS version of the BigWorld engine works (each title is using a different customised version of the engine).  Also possibly to gauge demand for the different classes.  Feedback of "oh dissapointed no BB/CV" may just be what they are looking for from testers, so they can better tune the Gift Shop market for when things go live. (For all that we and they may well love the game, they need to make a living from it - they don't code this for free!).

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

I play and enjoy Yuubari the moment CBT started....hueheuhue

I hope I can still use her without buying from the prem shop.......

:honoring:

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,255 battles

I bought some dubloons.

At first release I'll need ship and crew slots so I don't have to sell any ships I like during the grind.

I don't need a prem ship and a premium account while nice isn't really necessary.

When they release the Bismark I'll buy that as a premium but till then I'll use what's in game for free.

Hurry up open Beta.