You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

Keep a close eye if you are grinding campaigns.

12 comments in this topic

[LNA]
445 posts
4,203 battles

Hey folks. Posted this in bug section more than 24 hours ago but barely got 10 views and no reply whatsoever. Not that it's a deal breaking issue but I thought I might as well just put it in a place where players are ample so they are aware themselves.

So I'm doing Honorable Service campaigns. Mission 4 > Task 4 > image.png.4b56afa9a4bf987a32f9ca1352835a43.png

Straight forward enough. And yet, two days ago this happened:

image.png.a6245e9134ceba9931bca8473530c099.png

12 spots and I needed 4 to complete the mission. Yet, the server completely ignored it. I figured, maybe there is a hidden win condition and the wiki might be outdated. Though in-game description mentions no such thing either, I still had my doubts. But then, yesterday, this happened:

image.png.0eb3f36d5b62ff06e2014bcf5d87cbdb.png

Same ship, same battle mode and same defeat. And yet, maybe because of funky Belarussian stronk magic I guess(?), the task finished! I don't know what's going on but I suggest you folks who are going through Campaigns would do well to keep a close eye on your missions as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Cool 2

[O7]
2,484 posts
16,242 battles

I don't see the problem. You finished the task the first time.

Hint. Read what it says.

[LNA]
445 posts
4,203 battles
2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I don't see the problem. You finished the task the first time.

Hint. Read what it says.

What are you talking about? I had 6 spots from a previous game and I needed 4 more. Even though I spotted 12 ships, the counter didn't move one bit. It remained at 6/10. Please, don't be vague and actually make an effort to enlighten me of what exactly you are pointing at.

[O7]
2,484 posts
16,242 battles

Wow. Ok.

"In progress again" & "Reward issued"

[LNA]
445 posts
4,203 battles

/facepalm.

I guess it's my fault that I didn't make it clear as I assumed folks will not be stuck on that. Okay, I am redoing the same mission. Reward you only get for doing it the first time. After that you just get stars and this is the easiest sub-mission to spam for Honorable Service Mission 4. That reward I got days ago.

Edited by LonerPrime
  • Cool 1

[O7]
2,484 posts
16,242 battles

Nah. Maybe if you hadn't been so vague in your first post and added more relevant details I wouldn't have assumed that you'd been issued 3 more stars and the task had rolled over and started counting the next 6. How am I to know the second screenshot is the very next battle you played in Kaga without assumption?

[LNA]
445 posts
4,203 battles

Okay dude, when I come to these forums I operate under the assumption that I'm interacting with folks who aren't grade school kids that needs to be spoon fed everything.

I mean forget the fact that I was redoing the mission for a minute and just look at that counter. 12 spotted and counter still standing at 6/10. Does nothing strike you odd about that? I mean clearly someone like you who has 15k battles under your belt surely knows that campaigns don't work in a chain. If you have a 10 spot mission, doesn't matter if you spot 15, you will only get credit for 10 and the 5 extra will be lost. I'll have to go to port, claim my stars and then re-select the mission to start again from 0.

And why in god's green earth would you presume I'd be posting screenshots of battles that aren't one after the other? I even explained the timeline. Are you that fixated on the "Reward Issued" line that you refuse to even acknowledge the other facts?

Please, if it makes you happy, I'll heartily apologize for not adding every little detail in my opening post. But please, if you actually have nothing relevant to say regarding the issue, kindly stop derailing the thread.

Edited by LonerPrime

[O7]
2,484 posts
16,242 battles

Look mate you came at me with "Please, don't be vague and actually make an effort to enlighten me of what exactly you are pointing at." I don't think I was being very vague at all. I really did mean read the bit's that I later highlighted. If you don't think saying "make an effort" is confrontational then you're just ignorant.

You then go on to facepalm when I kindly clarified as you requested.

Now to the matter in question you have written a post about how WG programming isn't working properly. Why is it that this could only possibly be the case in your particular scenario? Why couldn't it work incorrectly and do a funny rollover like my scenario? If you know the exact answer then why are you even asking the question?

Then of course you said "two days ago this happened" & "But then, yesterday, this happened:". So I think it's fair to not specifically know that those matches are one after the other.

End of the day how are people to know this wasn't your first attempt? That you hadn't actually been rewarded and some programming bug had added another 6 to the counter? Maybe you should "make an effort to enlighten" instead of getting into a rage and people who are only trying to help. Don't worry it won't ever happen again.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LUOMU]
Super Tester
1,420 posts
10,767 battles

Honorable service was a campaign designed far before the spotting ribbon.

If I'm not mistaken, the actual criteria is be the first to spot 10 ships. The spotting ribbon is granted for 1st spot and spot a ship that has been undetected for a given amount of time.

• Cool 1

[NLG]
57 posts
2,936 battles

I looked at it, saw the 6/10, followed by the 12 spotting ribbons. That alone was clear to me that something wasn't adding up. This was perfectly clear to me and thanks.

5 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the actual criteria is be the first to spot 10 ships. The spotting ribbon is granted for 1st spot and spot a ship that has been undetected for a given amount of time.

The ship in the screenshot used was Kaga, a CV.

The post mentioned that "12 spots and I needed 4 to complete the mission. Yet, the server completely ignored it." So I assume none of those spotting ribbons were counted.

Any CV that knows their role would be getting the 1st spotting for at least a few ships in a match. So at least some should have counted.

As for my own wild guess...

The fact that it showed up in the results screen, means at least part of it was working correctly. Maybe getting over 10 spotting ribbons in a match somehow breaks it.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
509 posts
11,515 battles
17 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

^

Yeah this mission was made far before spotting ribbon was created but they only change the description and not the actual clear condition. Spotting ribbon is rewarded when you are the one that spotted a ship when that ship weren't spotted before or when they are not visible for 3 minutes.

12 hours ago, Verytis said:

I looked at it, saw the 6/10, followed by the 12 spotting ribbons. That alone was clear to me that something wasn't adding up. This was perfectly clear to me and thanks.

The ship in the screenshot used was Kaga, a CV.

The post mentioned that "12 spots and I needed 4 to complete the mission. Yet, the server completely ignored it." So I assume none of those spotting ribbons were counted.

Any CV that knows their role would be getting the 1st spotting for at least a few ships in a match. So at least some should have counted.

As for my own wild guess...

The fact that it showed up in the results screen, means at least part of it was working correctly. Maybe getting over 10 spotting ribbons in a match somehow breaks it.

It might be possible for old RTS CV to do this in one go, but it's tricky for the new one, some ships are most likely spotted first due to everyone's air detection were low enough, the planes sight are also affected by terrains, not to mention if someone shoot and thus increase their detection bloom, the one that would be credited as first spotter is closest surface ship and not planes despite both being in range. In that case 6 first spotting per game even in CV make sense.

Edited by Vio_Strygun

[LNA]
445 posts
4,203 battles

I see @HMS_Swiftsure_08.

Makes sense but here is the hitch. I was the only CV in both battles and my first 2 minutes are always spent mapping the position of the frontline enemies. Even in the 12 spot match I'm pretty sure I spotted 5 within a minute of my launch. Even if I'm wrong on that number, it still doesn't make sense that the counter didn't even move at all. As a CV, surely I must have spotted at least one ship? That alone should have been counted, right? All in all, things still don't add up.

Not to mention if what others are saying is accurate and spotting is only counted based on what you spot first and not the second or third time, the mission wordings seem to complicate the matter. Putting it straight, spot 10 ships. That is calculated based on the spotting badges you get. A simple person is gonna see it that way. So either something is terribly bugged or rewording of the mission is in order which to be honest shouldn't take a lot of time. In the end only WG can answer this clearly.