Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Allu1900

MM needs fixing ASAP

21 comments in this topic

[MMP]
3 posts
3,614 battles

I played 12 games today, won 2 and lost 10. Every game started with losing two or three ships inside 7 minutes. There is no balance in this game what so ever, every game ends very ugly for one team and I am always stuck with the losing side. I played over 2500 games all solo and have a WR of 52% so I am definitely not a noob but why am I always in the bad team? How can I not be teamed with complete idiots?

Screenshot (2).png

[MMP]
3 posts
3,614 battles

It is not just today, lately this is happening everyday. Close games are so rare thesedays, win or lose its always a one sided massacre. 

Screenshot (1).png

[REPOI]
5,832 posts
24,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Allu1900 said:

I played 12 games today, won 2 and lost 10. Every game started with losing two or three ships inside 7 minutes. There is no balance in this game what so ever, every game ends very ugly for one team and I am always stuck with the losing side. I played over 2500 games all solo and have a WR of 52% so I am definitely not a noob but why am I always in the bad team? How can I not be teamed with complete idiots?

Screenshot (2).png

er, 2500 games and 52% is smack dead avrage, you really cant decide the flow of a battle till get get at least 60% and div with others

[MMP]
3 posts
3,614 battles

I know but the point is, every game is so one sided, and I always end up in the losing team. I feel like the matchmaking is totally broken. 

[KMS-A]
379 posts
459 battles

Got 2 defeats and 2 wins today, pretty lucky my winrate didn't drop. Well it's an absolute blast anyway, the entire team went into one flank in the map Neighbors, and we absolutely destroyed the enemy team.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,259 battles

Yeah this is normal. I go through 10 straight losses then get a few wins. Teams are not good. It seems like there are a lot of casual non competitive players just out to sail the seas. This is at all tiers. Look at the stats on all the players. The average is like 40% win rate. Half my games each day and there is only 1-2 players above 50% on any given team. So the team with more will steam roll  the other regardless. When you come 1st on your losing team and only do 30k damage .......... questionable whether they are real players???? Like getting NO kills or losing 5 ships in 6mins.

[SMOKE]
1,495 posts
14,078 battles

Statistically speaking any player with something like 40% to 60% could be consider main among the bulk of all player population and if you want the ratio referred to against % of population then the WR range would actually go even wider , anyone who study Math in particular statistics could easily relay ... so an average of 40% WR cure is on the low side of the norm its still within the norm ..  but let me digress .. I do agree that MM is lousily implemented, part of that due to that +/- 2 , WG almost always maintain its due to Queue waiting time but we all question that especially since population of players online and total had increased quite a lot since they first put out that statement and of course their limitation on numbers of DD, CV etc just further erode the argument.

But seriously I must say a large prtion of this had to do with us players instead also , yea me included , namely lack of teamwork or rather disconnected one .. there is now a very disconnection between several category of players in game , any single game , many season players in their nice ( and especially high tier ) BB and CA / Super Cruiser seeing to push their fire carefully and slowly but fail to realize that by that they are also in turn not pushing hard enough to support the vanguard , it is discussed on another thread about this ever longer range of engagements ... in itself this approach is nothing wrong , what's wrong with the game is that this place all the other ships that cannot range attack , defend , or contribute at a position that the are now leave with no choice but either to just sail at the back or rush and be able to fight ( and get their credit ) and of course without the group tagging along , end result is easy to predict . The disconnection is also not only about this separation of the team but about both won't do to help each other and there is rightful reason ( if selfish one ) , big guns are afraid to get forward as the become big target and light and nimble force see no need to help the big guns since the were not even pushing at all and helping them by placing themselves at distance forward ( and often without immediate and available fire support ) simply endanger themselves without the reward and without any guns even caring to care at all .. so in the end they all choose to ignore and forget about the teammates ...

its true its what I see in game , when I play a BB I too are also too afraid to sail forward as no other big guns do, when I sail in my CL I do also try to find the largest chuck of rock to hide since I know ever if I got spotted the team would not be saving mine as they are too concerned with tier own damage farming ; and when I sail my DD I will not sail forward to scout and screen for the team since I know the guns will not take out the enemy DD and Radar as priority and the will not actively hunt them since they are too bus farming on the enemy BB ... and yes many time I myself are to be blamed for the same I cannot deny that

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,259 battles

Ive been in game with a team of players at 25%-49% win ratio  with me being 43% at the time and enemy at 35%-60%. Thats random matchmaking. MM is the way it is random. There is many groups of players involved and those that play a lot and those that are skilled, those that play smart and those that play with no intelligence. When its all put together you get the outcome at the given time. At high tiers its all passive and nobody pushes. Its like a bunch of randoms put together with random guns to fight an enemy we dont know of and where they are. Winning and losing is part of the game. Not many players that go down fighting till the end. So many scared to battle and take damage or sacrifice there ship for the greater good and team to win.

[SLAVA]
426 posts
6,165 battles

You say "matchmaking needs fixing"

I ask "so how would you do it"

I'm not going to deny that one sided games are common in World of Warships, but there's a good reason why. It's not the matchmaking, it is that people are bad. So bad that the median winrate is reliably monitored to be 48%.

When one team starts with an advantage on Asia, that advantage tends to be maintained.

See it this way. Team A and B are both composed of average players (who are mostly mediocre). 6 ships from A and 6 ships from B approach an objective. The team B destroyer suicides, denying B spotting. The team A destroyer caps more freely if he has any understanding of the game (not everyone does). A goes to a 6 v 5 with spotting advantage. Most of these (mediocre skill) players on B react to this change too slowly, either pushing in in a suicide stream or simply being caught by focus fire. A:B goes 6v5 to 6v4 to 5v3 and B is left markedly behind. More guns firing with Asia's natural focus fire and the lack of game sense to tell when one needs to change from an aggressive position to a defensive one pretty much means the team that gets the early advantage always rolls over.

Conversely, teams sometimes also throw teams after an early advantage when they overpush before an advantage is defined. But you should get the idea.

• Cool 2

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,259 battles

I played 7 games recently and lost all 7 and we sunk 13 ships in total from those 7 games lol. Thats MM at its best. In 2 games we sunk 0 ships and got wasted. This is like a trend. So when you lose you lose bad and when you win its the same thing. In the games we won Ive killed 3 ships for 80k damage and lost 0 hit points............ hmmmmmmmmm. We lost 1 ship in the other game so yeah its pretty bad and very 1 sided. Its like 1 in 25 games is close enough for either team to win.

Edited by AxEyBoI

[HKACC]
[HKACC]
317 posts
3,752 battles

OP ... 2500 games you said ? ... then it will get a lot of worse when you reach T8~T10 games. I mean to get T8~T10, how many hours for you to learn for your mistake ? ... but it's still did happening. "The Idiots" still exist in T8~T10 ship. They just offering their broadside to the enemy, get shot & citadelled, thus sinking under 5 minutes. Oh, this happen on the right side, it's also happening on the left side. Which I'm also don't understand, I'm often team up with these players. I mean, I'm far from perfect, I'm often making mistake, but I'm not that idiot to give easily broadside like that.

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,624 posts
13,141 battles

ok which one?

216717623_Two-Buttons(1).thumb.jpg.ce65565c3bc49392dc126240cad49998.jpg

• Funny 5

[LBAS]
Modder
6,162 posts
37,312 battles
1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

ok which one?

this one

pWnbUDN.jpg

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
1 時間前、Onlinegamer の発言:

ok which one?

216717623_Two-Buttons(1).thumb.jpg.ce65565c3bc49392dc126240cad49998.jpg

Always fix players, more over fix their memory so they remember they have had good teams on their side more than they believe to be.

Fix MM to their favor will not stop them cry about it anyways.

And I like how people think others should be perfect and flawless when they themselves can make mistakes.

Edited by spixys

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,259 battles

Ok so 2nd game in and we lost 5 ships in 4 mins...................... all the names look like Bot names (numbers or just short names with no caps) and no clan players either. When i tried to msg in chat only got 4 responses. So maybe they dont speak english.

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles

Has anyone noticed any changes with the MM since the latest update, or is it my imagination?

I play 5 or 6 games a night and noticed for the first time I have had at least 4 games where I wasn't uptiered AT ALL, in fact some were T6-T8 ships only. have never come across that before.

[RSFSR]
25 posts
5,989 battles
於 2019/7/1 在 AM1點23分,InterconKW 說:

I ask "so how would you do it"

yep.. whenever people complain about system (any system..), always try to think in this way
but it might be better to do some calculation rather than random...

4,203 posts
8,055 battles
19 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

ok which one?

Fix the people.

The ones who play the gane and the ones who make it.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,259 battles

Ever play a game with 5k players on the server and your a BB with another BB and the other 2 chips are CVs. So theres 4 a side................................................... Thats matchmaking.........................

[LYNMR]
1,094 posts
17,853 battles
8 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

Has anyone noticed any changes with the MM since the latest update, or is it my imagination?

I play 5 or 6 games a night and noticed for the first time I have had at least 4 games where I wasn't uptiered AT ALL, in fact some were T6-T8 ships only. have never come across that before.

its just your luck, like i play vladivostok these few days one whole day it's up against t9 t10 and yday i get into a proper t8 mm

very much depends what other players playing, more t10 less lower tier you will get dragged into match with higher tier

Sign in to follow this