You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Evangeline

New event ROGUE WAVE missions are too ‘hard'

11 comments in this topic

[ELDER]
14 posts
10,732 battles

The new Rogu Ware is interesting indeed.But after i updated the game and read the special combat missions carefully,ennnnn......I didn't konw what to say.It is more difficult to finish than any other events before.In order to get enough fuel tokens to exchange IX U.S.destoryer Benham,I have to spend a lot of my personal time to finish these unimaginable combat missions.How long will I get 800 fuel tokens ?LOL:fish_boom:

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,811 battles

O RLY? In the last 24 hours, I have completed 2 of them in co-op. Which is generally regarded as "the least rewarding of all modes". Now if people played random/event, I think they'd accomplish the missions even faster.

I suggest you sit back, look at the mission objectives and then prioritize which ones you can do and can't do efficiently with your selection of ships. With almost 11k under your belt, I think you have a good selection to choose from.

• Cool 2

73 posts
1,374 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

O RLY? In the last 24 hours, I have completed 2 of them in co-op. Which is generally regarded as "the least rewarding of all modes". Now if people played random/event, I think they'd accomplish the missions even faster.

I suggest you sit back, look at the mission objectives and then prioritize which ones you can do and can't do efficiently with your selection of ships. With almost 11k under your belt, I think you have a good selection to choose from.

How do you get Fuel Tokens?
For completing all Directives of the Rogue Wave event—up to 250 tokens.
From Daily Shipments—up to 50 tokens.
For completing economic missions in Savage Battles—up to 300 tokens.
For completing Daily Missions—up to 150 tokens.
For completing a special marathon (complete 48 missions out of 50)—100 tokens.
In total, you can earn 850 tokens throughout the Update. Read the news article about combat missions for details.
(Excerpted from the Official Bulletin about the Rogue Wave event.)

The economic missions roughly translates into "grind for credits in the Savage Battles", and, according to one shipmate's calculation here recently, it would take him almost 27 Savage Battles a day for the whole duration of this event to complete the grind, though the reward of the grind is delivered for its various stages rather than a whole which in deed mitigated the grind a little, it is still very frustrating to complete such a grind in a certain game mode (and on one single map, though indeed a brand new one) for those 300 tokens. Even if the Daily Missions and Event Directives are indeed more feasible and can be completed in other gaming modes (and I guess that you may have completed two objectives of the Directives in Co-op yesterday perhaps), the price tag of Benham reads 800 token. There is little margin left if one wants to get the ship for free without paying a cent. Even the grind for Hill is rater intensive and needs a "universal seaman" in the later stages. Yes, I admit that even I have played the game in Chinese Server for a year, I am still effectively a noob on destroyers and perhaps would have to grind in the Savage Battles in my attempt for Hill, if I have that much spare time to play this game later.

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,811 battles

Read carefully again. Rogue Wave is the set of missions. It has no bearing on getting a Benham. You earn fuel which go to exchange for a Benham IF you so choose to do so. The missions themselves are not difficult. 

If someone wants a Benham, they also have to participate in the Savage Battles.

No one is forcing anyone to get a Benham. If you desperately want one, then you work for it ingame or out of the game.

For me, I have already worked out how to own a Benham that balances my time and money.

• Cool 3

[RSFSR]
25 posts
4,676 battles

not really hard but wasting LOTS OF TIME...
380 tokens now... finished all of the mission without paying any money (for now...)
haven't done the mission started and for today yet

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,247 posts
12,396 battles
32 minutes ago, Fraxinus_AI said:

380 tokens now... finished all of the mission without paying any money (for now...)

I'm on exactly 380 tokens as I post this too.

Will be getting more before the day is over.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
1,182 posts
8,076 battles
2 hours ago, Fraxinus_AI said:

Agreed. It’s not like Aiegle or Indianapolis missions which were intense.

The thing is, you can earn as much fuel as possible, the buy containers to make up the shortfall if necessary.

Yes, it’s a lot of time and/or money, and not everyone have those currencies to spend on it. But bear in mind. It’s a T9 ship. You are not really putting in any more time, effort, or money than you would for any other T9. You just have to do it over 4 weeks rather than half a year or so.

While I think that the missions are fair for the reward, (assuming it’s good), that doesn’t mean that I don’t think they are really painful.

[LN]
218 posts
11,672 battles

is not that hard when you get all the 3-star ships 

[-BRO-]
349 posts
19,692 battles

with a bit of forward thinking  you could get the hill do the daily mission for that boost and hopefully complete the directives for said hill get  doubloons and end up slightly ahead of where you would  just buying the containers.

Profit ??? :cap_tea:

Administrator
208 posts

Commanders, thank you for your participation and feedback towards Rogue Wave mission and some useful tips as well!

• Cool 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,434 posts
11,558 battles

is that hard?

spam CO-OP 24/7 that's too easy to get Benham

Spoiler

shot-19_07.02_13_18.44-0574.thumb.jpg.7d3a2755adabdd6967bde57dfc22b487.jpg

my NA account