You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Satyanwesi

Coal ship: Jean Bart or USS Georgia

30 comments in this topic

48 posts
5,418 battles

Hello all shipmates.. I need your help. I have accumulated coal to unlock one of these ships mentioned above. Which ship should I unlock 1st?

** I want to farm credits.

** Which one is more durable during kiting/pushing?

** main battery accuracy jean bart vs Georgia

** Damage output and fun to play

** Enough durable against current CV meta

Can you help me guys? I couldn't find any YouTube video on this topic.. Thank you😊

401 posts
3,047 battles
58 minutes ago, Satyanwesi said:

Hello all shipmates.. I need your help. I have accumulated coal to unlock one of these ships mentioned above. Which ship should I unlock 1st?

** I want to farm credits.

** Which one is more durable during kiting/pushing?

** main battery accuracy jean bart vs Georgia

** Damage output and fun to play

** Enough durable against current CV meta

Can you help me guys? I couldn't find any YouTube video on this topic.. Thank you😊

1. JB (tbh I think all coal ships are great credit earners just pick a ship that you'll enjoy playing the most)

2. JB  

3. Georgia 

4. Debatable  (if you like bow tanking and spamming more shells per minute then JB is for you. Her playstyle isn't that drastically different than that of Dunkerque's or Richelieu, it also has potent secondaries but not as awesome as Bismarck. Georgia may seem more difficult to handle owing to its weak broadside armor and 6 guns but comes with a crazy top speed of 38kts so you can always be on the move which makes it impossible for most DDs to chase you down) 

5. JB has God-tier AA  

*I have neither of those ships and my opinion is solely based on my in-game observation so take whatever I said above with a pinch of salt...and paprika (for added flavor)

48 posts
5,418 battles
4 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

*I have neither of those ships and my opinion is solely based on my in-game observation so take whatever I said above with a pinch of salt...and paprika (for added flavor)

Thanks man.. I think I should get JB .. According to the versatility of this ship..

[REPOI]
5,834 posts
24,295 battles

to put it simply 

JB is the most versatile T9 BB, while georgia is about the most fun you can have in the game

your choice between the two

Edited by drakon233

[KMS-A]
183 posts
4,602 battles

I have JB and never regretted the coal investment. Can often do 100k damage battles (I’m average player)

[REPOI]
5,834 posts
24,295 battles

fresh out of the oven

shot-19_06.28_06_50.07-0318.thumb.jpg.556e72eab445044baf4c2ce4e9fc3146.jpgshot-19_06.28_06_50.10-0700.thumb.jpg.bb4673cf915ce7385764ca3485c08f02.jpgshot-19_06.28_06_50.17-0719.thumb.jpg.55183f86f8d639e490b0cadcac0a7b22.jpg

there is no greater fun in the game than rushing a CA with 11.3km secondaries and 39kt speed in a BB

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[LUOMU]
Super Tester_
1,421 posts
12,843 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

fresh out of the oven

shot-19_06.28_06_50.07-0318.thumb.jpg.556e72eab445044baf4c2ce4e9fc3146.jpgshot-19_06.28_06_50.10-0700.thumb.jpg.bb4673cf915ce7385764ca3485c08f02.jpgshot-19_06.28_06_50.17-0719.thumb.jpg.55183f86f8d639e490b0cadcac0a7b22.jpg

there is no greater fun in the game than rushing a CA with 11.3km secondaries and 39kt speed in a BB

…And getting sunk by a powder magazine explosion?

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[LYNMR]
482 posts
15,886 battles

Does georgia's have us tech tree dispersion or worse?

I dont have massachussettes either so please dont use it as an example

[ANZAC]
502 posts
17,161 battles
1 minute ago, blacknoheart said:

Does georgia's have us tech tree dispersion or worse?

I dont have massachussettes either so please dont use it as an example

Its dispersion is more like cruiser than BB

48 posts
5,418 battles

I have seen JB is more punishing with constant HE spam with good rate of fire. Jb vs musashi is a better fight or Georgia vs musashi is better in 1vs 1?

48 posts
5,418 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

fresh out of the oven

If it was a musashi then you'd have get around 1million credits

[REPOI]
5,834 posts
24,295 battles
26 minutes ago, Satyanwesi said:

nope, i didnt stack any eco flags so this is 688k with just prem account, and besides even with musashi you'd get even less because how much it incentives you to go after BBs, doing similar damage would net you only 600ish and it's not anywhere as fun

a missouri on the other hand i would have easily broken 1.2m, but it's much much harder to get this kind of results in it

[REPOI]
5,834 posts
24,295 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

…And getting sunk by a powder magazine explosion?

dont remind me

cough cough who was it that got detonated in ranked?

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
1 hour ago, Satyanwesi said:

Only Missouri can do that I think

4,225 posts
8,070 battles

Buying either one of them is another midfinger to German BBs, which already have been given a near infinite amount of midfingers.

[KMS-A]
183 posts
4,602 battles
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Buying either one of them is another midfinger to German BBs, which already have been given a near infinite amount of midfingers.

Yesterday I was in FDG and about 3 km from a JB near broadside - managed to do 4K AP salvo.

401 posts
3,047 battles
26 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Yesterday I was in FDG and about 3 km from a JB near broadside - managed to do 4K AP salvo.

See? FDG can't even shoot worth a shyt even at point blank range.  It's too clumsy to excel at anything. 

48 posts
5,418 battles
6 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

You should've aim for upper belt since JB also got a "so called turtleback".. In fdg under 12km, guns never seemed that bad to me..

[KMS-A]
183 posts
4,602 battles

Im

12 hours ago, Satyanwesi said:

You should've aim for upper belt since JB also got a "so called turtleback".. In fdg under 12km, guns never seemed that bad to me..

I got the smaller guns but Turtle back shouldn’t stop it at point blank. Anyway I now switched to accuracy module letting go secondaries. Seems much more acceptable.

[LNA]
2,005 posts
12,700 battles

JB is a flanker BB more than a static trading BB. It perform very well by playing the cruiser role utilizing its quick speed and massive fire power burst.

It play alot like a big fat cruiser with speed.

JB although come with 2x4 front set up trade very poorly with more traditional bb in a slug fest due to weak armor vs HE spam.

It does not play the anchor role well.

Georgia is more versatile. Though its poor 4x2 set up make it far less suited for cqc flank role compare to JB and more suited for conventional slug fest.

They have trade offs , with JB being the harder of the two to play due to all front gun make its fairly poor when kiting.

• Cool 1

50 posts
19,511 battles

- Smaller caliber guns means cheaper ammo cost. If you want the absolute cheapest high-tier BB to play then yeah, JB it is.

- JB doesn't tank well. Georgia is better, also she can fk off very fast if things get too uncomfortable.

- Georgia has better accuracy overall.

- Depends. If you value occasional roflstomping cruiser and the secondary fireworks, then Georgia. If you think BB that rewards you for smartly choosing ammo type, using mbrb on the right time, and strategic positioning is fun to play, then JB. Personally I choose the latter.

- JB has better practical AA.

A bit of a side note from me, you can choose to just reverse and HE-snipe everyone (mostly BBs for more dmg) in JB if you think the battle is not favorable for you to push. It's not like the easy way as in the RNBB line. Using HE in JB is mandatory for some occasions as your gun cannot pen some BBs. MBRB will also help you reignite those kremlins who are trying to use their faster dcp.

Just be ready to get some reports though, as players in this server in majority hates the HE-spamming BBs.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
1,904 posts
8,821 battles

JB

She will troll you with dispersion sometimes but her refire rate makes up for it.

If you wanted a T9 USN BB, should have tried to pick up Missouri, she's far more versatile IMO

[ATLAS]
[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
510 posts
13,069 battles

JB, nothing more annoying than getting locked bow in against JB in BB/cruiser because you can't really turn or she gonna pop MBRB and blow you up. Her ability to use HE is a huge plus over Georgia as well. 

If you really like yoloing, Georgia is way better, it also handle t10 cruisers much better, but keep in mind when the battle became who gets to lock enemy fleet broadside, Georgia is not gonna shine there.

[RSFSR]
25 posts
6,016 battles

I'll give Georgia a vote, 
Secondary build is fun, damage per round for the main is also better and able to pen 27mm
not sure about the credit earn.. might test it these days

於 2019/6/28 在 PM12點37分,Satyanwesi 說:

I have seen JB is more punishing with constant HE spam with good rate of fire. Jb vs musashi is a better fight or Georgia vs musashi is better in 1vs 1?

in this case
since both of them cannot pen 32mm
I believe JB will be better, Georgia's 15750*6 cannot kill musashi in one round while JB has the reload boost to kill musashi in shorter time (if musashi is stupid enough to show her board side)

• Cool 1

[LYNMR]
1,094 posts
17,968 battles

got georgia yday, its fun yolo like a moron but not recommended to yolo like a moron like me lol

compare jb and georgia both got their pros and cons..my answer is get both lol

• Cool 1