Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles

Yoshino is beautiful, attached she has taken New York and is wearing her evening wear...

Seriously though, love this ship.

Currently running standard gun/fire prevent/concealment modules and the following captain skills:

EL

EM, AR

BOS, SI

AFT, CE

Running the 12km Torps, she has 4x4, 2 per side. First is like the front ones on Atago, 2nd is like the 2nd on Atago with some more frontal angle.

Her concealment is 11.9 and a big majority of her AA is mid and long range (thus AFT).

Her gun range is 21.3km and her accuracy is on par with normal cruisers. Her shell speed and arcs behave mostly like Zao.

She's so much fun I'm even considering picking up Azuma and I can't believe I'm saying that.

One thing to note, her AP has been overpenning broadside CAs a LOT but even 1 cita hit from her can hurt.

Her Torp tubes are damaged fairly easily.

Still need to test HE/AP priorities a little more, conventional switching works but I want to push the AP further because it hurts broadside BBs.

Her reload gets down to about 16s, and then to 11s with AR.

I hope you've enjoyed this rundown. She's 186K coal with a coupon.

shot-19.06.27_17.27.03-0059.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,633
[LBAS]
Member
5,376 posts
31,283 battles

The song of Coal and Fire

Y.jpg

Edited by MatterCore
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[1NATN]
Member
574 posts
18,796 battles

AFT seems like an odd choice. I'd be taking Fire Prevention on a ship that has 60 second duration fires.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[POI]
Member
889 posts
8,919 battles

Have been observing Yoshino performance of other players. So far, yeah felt the guns kinda hurt (HE), however doesn't feel that she is impactful to matches. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. 

But, why AFT? I remember it increases the flak damage per burst, kinda avoidable for CV players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
46 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Have been observing Yoshino performance of other players. So far, yeah felt the guns kinda hurt (HE), however doesn't feel that she is impactful to matches. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. 

But, why AFT? I remember it increases the flak damage per burst, kinda avoidable for CV players. 

I don't really switch AA sectors often so Manual is 'shrugs'.

FP is 10%, so I wasn't going that route, specially considering it's fairly easy to stealth out with.

But it basically came down to testing it out, a large portion of her AA DPM is mid-long range and I wanted to see how it would go. 

The rest of the captain skills I stand by though. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[HMNZ]
Member
277 posts
4,853 battles

These type of posts are really good ie what people are spec-cing their ships with and why.

Would be good to have a section where ships are listed and discussions on what people are using?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[1NATN]
Member
574 posts
18,796 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

FP is 10%, so I wasn't going that route, specially considering it's fairly easy to stealth out with.. 

I was thinking more because you can't have two superstructure fires tbh... you're not a difficult target, after all.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
1 minute ago, Bex_o7 said:

I was thinking more because you can't have two superstructure fires tbh... you're not a difficult target, after all.

Fair call...

I'll let you know how I go...

Irony being that if I run FP, might as well just use one of my 19 point BB captains... Only difference would be EL/PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
1 hour ago, Otago_F111 said:

These type of posts are really good ie what people are spec-cing their ships with and why.

Would be good to have a section where ships are listed and discussions on what people are using?

We have a channel in our clan discord for them...

I wouldn't add a section tbh, Asia English is diluted enough as is and we barely manage to keep general discussions going.

If your post gets moved to one of the other sections it basically gets lost in the depths of the internet. It's basically endless purgatory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[NAU]
Member
216 posts
5,870 battles

Ive used her 7 games and lost all of them. Only running a 5 point captain. She moves like a Battleship and tanks damage like a destroyer Its so squishy takes huge damage from every angle and distance. The moment your spotted and in range of any BB, they all focus you even from 20+km. My teams have been really bad too so every game its like 2 or 3 vs 1 and with CV constantly above you there is nowhere to hide. Maybe with a higher point captain situation will improve. Ive not seen anyone in any of the games do well either.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
952
[TLS]
Member
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

unknown.thumb.png.987f21751e2db913e1b379101a8c3885.png

From a clanmate. Complete with a torpedo accident as well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
1 hour ago, AxEyBoI said:

Ive used her 7 games and lost all of them. Only running a 5 point captain. She moves like a Battleship and tanks damage like a destroyer Its so squishy takes huge damage from every angle and distance. The moment your spotted and in range of any BB, they all focus you even from 20+km. My teams have been really bad too so every game its like 2 or 3 vs 1 and with CV constantly above you there is nowhere to hide. Maybe with a higher point captain situation will improve. Ive not seen anyone in any of the games do well either.

5 pt Captain in a T10 ship... Yeah that'll do it...

Got 4x cita on angled Mino at 15km, then cita'd a Kreml and Yamato in same match... I REALLY love Yoshino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[PAMAN]
Member
165 posts
5,875 battles

Yoshino and Azuma are typical IJN cruiser, with big guns. I think if I drive her just like any other IJN cruiser, It will be fine (or not?)

I'm looking forward for her, just need another 7-8k coal, then I got my first coal ship, also my first tier X ship.

Edited by Sharr_Dextera
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
952
[TLS]
Member
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

She is like the secret love child of stalingrad and Takao. Use AP often but keep moving like a Takao. And then when within torpedo range, remind people that you do not have a zao's torp arcs. You have Takao's arcs but improved. I went for a manoeuvre build with steering gear 2 and used Takao as my captain with a torpedo reload skill.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

She is like the secret love child of stalingrad and Takao. Use AP often but keep moving like a Takao. And then when within torpedo range, remind people that you do not have a zao's torp arcs. You have Takao's arcs but improved. I went for a manoeuvre build with steering gear 2 and used Takao as my captain with a torpedo reload skill.

OMG it's beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
10 hours ago, Darth_Doogs said:

You should try the USN ships. You might actually enjoy them 😁

 

Rot in hell you heathen!!! I will never succumb to your fiendish ways!

Yeah I play them on PTS, as they say; know they enemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,269
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:56 AM, S4pp3R said:

I wouldn't add a section tbh, Asia English is diluted enough as is and we barely manage to keep general discussions going.

 

fight_accpepted.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,269
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, S4pp3R said:

Yoshino is beautiful, attached she has taken New York and is wearing her evening wear...

Well "Yamato" and her fleet have taken San Francisco, so it appears the bicoastal conquest is complete...

<Reeeee post alert!>

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
32 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Well "Yamato" and her fleet have taken San Francisco, so it appears the bicoastal conquest is complete...

<Reeeee post alert!>

 

So much beauty, America as it should be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,269
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
2 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

So much beauty, America as it should be...

 

s1.gif

s2.gif

s3.gif

s4.gif

s5.gif

s6.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[151ST]
Member
1,242 posts
5,921 battles
25 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

 

s1.gif

s2.gif

s3.gif

s4.gif

s5.gif

s6.gif

:cap_haloween:

Well IJN was the most modern Navy at the outbreak of WW2...

They lolled at USN dreadnoughts, all the way to New York City... As evidenced by Yoshino in NY harbour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,269
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
Just now, S4pp3R said:

:cap_haloween:

Well IJN was the most modern Navy at the outbreak of WW2...

They lolled at USN dreadnoughts, all the way to New York City... As evidenced by Yoshino in NY harbour

The photographic evidence you have in your OP does seem to confirm this...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×