You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[Just for Fun... or not] Are you or are you not gonna grind for Benham?

Are you or are you not gonna grind for Benham?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

48 comments in this topic

1,893 posts
6,031 battles

Benham seems to be a scary ship with an impressive torpedo broadside, but tiny HP pool for tier (even worse than Hull A Fletcher) and will get rekt so hard and fast in CV matches.

I don't think I want this ship so I won't even bother. I need to take it easy from holding a computer mouse in general because of ulnar nerve entrapment.

But what about you fellow forum dwellers? Will you grind all the way through the event to get 800 Fuel Tokens without paying a cent?

The Hill, though... 

Edited by Paladinum
  • Bad 1

[G_R]
377 posts
14,624 battles

I need to take it easy from holding a computer mouse in general because of ulnar nerve entrapment.

Try using a vertical mouse there's a few different types around and wildly varying prices. Weird to use at first but you get used to it.

I use an M618 deluxe cheap Chinese one but it does the job or Ankar do one is well

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles

I hate myself.

As a qualified All Day Gamer, certified Madman and closet hypocrite, I will be trying to get Benham in this event.

I know.

I would rather grind for Siegfried or any other new German premium in a properly themed event but, yes, I will try to get Benham.

I have too many US ships/captain and US DDs NOT to want to add it to my fleet.

And as others have said, "a 'free' bote is a 'free' bote"... and I am time rich, cash poor.

I hate myself.

I guess I will just lie back and think of Uncle Sam.

• Cool 2

[HMASW]
1,851 posts

What's a Benham ?

:fish_nerv:

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles
2 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

What's a Benham ?

A Benson that's been bulking up on ham sandwiches.

• Funny 6

[ANZAC]
437 posts
14,266 battles
5 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

What's a Benham ?

The love child of a Benson and Clemson. 2 x 4 torps PER SIDE at T9, 86 seconds reload

[CLAY]
1,196 posts
8,104 battles
10 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

What's a Benham ?

I think it’s a hamster.

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

What's a Benham ?

Benson's illegitimate child... or parent.

Alpha Tester
907 posts
3,306 battles

No, i haven't been able to grind out any free ships ever during token or special resources events due to working a full time job, which allows me to pay the devs wages, but apparently not enough to get me the coolest stuff in the game like Stalingrads. Turns out all devs want is your TIME and not your MONEY.

[CLAY]
1,196 posts
8,104 battles

Yeah, I dunno. I will probably go with @Max_Battle ‘s attitude of “free ship” and let my obsessive compulsion go from there.

While I will definitely go for the T5, I may waiver on the Benham depending on difficulty and effort required. Also depends on the exact requirements.

Being dedicated to grinding all non CV lines, events like this which have custom modes with their own ships cut into my grind time. If some of the requirements can be met in normal battles. Then fine.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles

I've just had a couple of games in it.

Annoying AF.

Worst mode for playing with random noob pugs.

"You are the last hope" on many occasions already...

Not sure if can endure.

[HMNZ]
255 posts
4,595 battles

Nope wont grind, how much? :Smile_hiding:

[CLAY]
1,196 posts
8,104 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I've just had a couple of games in it.

Annoying AF.

Worst mode for playing with random noob pugs.

"You are the last hope" on many occasions already...

Not sure if can endure.

Oh great, a mode focused on carrying, and me with a bad back.

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
6 minutes ago, Muds_Revenge said:

Turns out all devs want is your TIME and not your MONEY.

That's obvious. 

Me? Rather one of them than BOTH.

5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

While I will definitely go for the T5

Me too, even though the individual missions are a lot for just a tier FIVE. This is PEF Directives, but proportionally even worse.

[TLS]
1,351 posts
16,879 battles

Oh, the concept is fine from playing in PT earlier. It's just as well you make it into a battle royale free for all instead. Like everyone for themselves. No need for teamwork. Oh wait, that mode already exists... it's called random isn't it....

• Funny 1

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Oh, the concept is fine from playing in PT earlier. It's just as well you make it into a battle royale free for all instead. Like everyone for themselves. No need for teamwork. Oh wait, that mode already exists... it's called random isn't it....

At least people in Battle Royale mode don't blame other people for not teamworking.

[FORCE]
155 posts
7,749 battles

That depends on how tedious the grind can be. The last one I went full non-lifer, it was the grind for P. E. Friedrich. I skipped Exeter because I could tell she's not worth my efforts after the "rebalancing" a.k.a. removal of her smoke.

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
13 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

That depends on how tedious the grind can be. The last one I went full non-lifer, it was the grind for P. E. Friedrich. I skipped Exeter because I could tell she's not worth my efforts after the "rebalancing" a.k.a. removal of her smoke.

Looks very tedious so far. I want to skip this Update already, playing minimally while waiting for Siegfried.

I'm enjoying Path of Exile's newest league.

[TLS]
1,351 posts
16,879 battles

I'm going to take the semi-easy way out: Grind what I can and top it up. Mainly because specs-wise it can be nasty especially in T9 ranked without CV. Also, I don't mind having a T9 Shimakaze with better RoF guns like it should.

670 posts
5,322 battles

No. I failed to get Lazo and Nikolay Kuznetsov.

I don't expect a success grinding another one.

I'd rather buy something else more useful

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
16 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

No. I failed to get Lazo and Nikolay Kuznetsov.

I don't expect a success grinding another one.

I'd rather buy something else more useful

You can get the Hill if you grind... Benham if you grind so hard you have no life anymore.

[1NATN]
427 posts
13,867 battles

Is there really any point in getting Benham when it can be nuked by CV's so easily? .... I don't play any of my high tier DD's anymore because they are just easy meat for enemy CV.

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles

Depends on how much time I'll be required to put into it. Anybody knows how much tokens can be earnt per day with average effort?

In general, I have minimal interest. I already own Black and Alaska so another T9 is probably not necessary. I'll definitely get Siegfried though, but it'll most likely be sold in armory.

[TLS]
1,351 posts
16,879 battles
11 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Depends on how much time I'll be required to put into it. Anybody knows how much tokens can be earnt per day with average effort?

In general, I have minimal interest. I already own Black and Alaska so another T9 is probably not necessary. I'll definitely get Siegfried though, but it'll most likely be sold in armory.

There are total 850 free tokens up for grab as per wg calculations. That is if you complete everything.