Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Bismarck build options

11 comments in this topic

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles

I am going up the German BB line and building a captain specifically for Bismarck. 

The CV changes could have affected the popularity of the two different builds for Bismarck.

In the face of current CV gameplay and meta, would you pick a secondary or AA build?

I personally see myself meeting 2 CVs regularly, but I want to spec into the German line specialty.

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

[ATLAS]
[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
510 posts
13,164 battles

Ditch secondary build, you will not survive until you can use the secondaries effectively, otherwise you can get both but sacrifice your concealment which might affect your survival rate even more.

Edited by Vio_Strygun

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles
1 hour ago, Vio_Strygun said:

Ditch secondary build, you will not survive until you can use the secondaries effectively, otherwise you can get both but sacrifice your concealment which might affect your survival rate even more.

I am currently at Konig(Great pleasure to play) and I have premium account and loads of commander exp camos, so training up a commander to at least 10 should not be too hard.

[VENOM]
115 posts
3,532 battles

If you're gonna continue using the capt for the FDG or GK, then survivability build, too much HE spamming to use the Secondary build.

213 posts
9,985 battles

I run Bismark with survivability build, but I might switch to full IFHE secondary build when the buff for 1/4 pen secondaries goes live. You need an 18 point captain for this.

I already run GK as IFHE 2ndary build. Its all about map awareness and timing the push. Great fun. 

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles
16 hours ago, MeglaGnome said:

I run Bismark with survivability build, but I might switch to full IFHE secondary build when the buff for 1/4 pen secondaries goes live. You need an 18 point captain for this.

I already run GK as IFHE 2ndary build. Its all about map awareness and timing the push. Great fun. 

do you use manual 2ndary fire control with them?

213 posts
9,985 battles
58 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

do you use manual 2ndary fire control with them?

Yes, for a full 2ndry build:

PT, PM, AR, BFT, AFT, MFCS, IFHE

Modules include 2ndry mod 1 and 2ndry mod 2. I'll swap in the GK legenadary mod when I unlock it in about a week.

I think tank build is just as viable for GK, but I'm running the full 2ndry meme build and getting 62% win rate, so it can work if you have good map awareness and good timing for the push.

No, for full tank build (currently Bismark). Its just a standard BB tank build. I still brawl, but less often and later in the game.
PT, AR, EM, BoS, SI, FP, CE or MFCAA

Mods include DC mod 1 and 2, Concealment system

Edited by MeglaGnome

[POI]
968 posts
10,413 battles

Yeah I'm doing almost full secondary build for my GK as like MeglaGnome, except I use range mod for main battery at 6th slot (I frequently made weird /awful/sudden gush of s*** to the brain decisions, need to stay at range at start, push later). 

Bismarck, my poor girl 😞 I always wanted a full secondary, but because she is frequently got into tier 10 matches, I notice taking full concealment + spec towards secondaries as much as possible (including Manual secondaries and AFT, yeah need a 18 or 19 points captan) has a positive impact of her survivability among bigger ships XD.

But hey, after the secondary buffs go live, I might try out IFHE on Bismarck /Tirpitz. Can't wait! 

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles

@THAI_THIEF  haven't quite got to the Bismark yet, but have both Tirpitz's, do you spec them the same as Bismark?

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,463 battles

I have bismarck with secondary build 14 pt captain. Tier 8 MM is quite painful so not doing particularly well in terms of damage.

switching to tank build for FDG and will probably be back to secondary once I unlock GK.

Sign in to follow this