You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Yoshino is surprisingly cheap

21 comments in this topic

[LUOMU]
Super Tester
1,418 posts
10,351 battles

I was expecting 300k+, here's why:

So Salem and Musashi were basically 1st gen coal ships. Salem (T10 CA) was 240K and Musashi (T9 BB) was IIRC 176K

Later WG announced that with coal and FXP devaluation, future special ships would be sold at higher prices.

Then Jean Bart was released for 224K

So 240*(224/176)≈305K

Surprisingly Yoshino is priced at 248K, basically the same as Salem.

• Bad 2

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
6,629 battles

SSshhhhhh don't let them hear you :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 5

[LBAS]
5,187 posts
30,419 battles
30 minutes ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

:Smile_hiding:

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[O7]
2,452 posts
15,746 battles

You forgot the conversion rate..

305K x 0.8131 interest rate = 248k

I'm about 81% interested in this ship.

• Funny 4

[REPOI]
Super Tester
1,022 posts
14,903 battles
7 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I was expecting 300k+, here's why:

So Salem and Musashi were basically 1st gen coal ships. Salem (T10 CA) was 240K and Musashi (T9 BB) was IIRC 176K

Later WG announced that with coal and FXP devaluation, future special ships would be sold at higher prices.

Then Jean Bart was released for 224K

So 240*(224/176)≈305K

Surprisingly Yoshino is priced at 248K, basically the same as Salem.

PLEASE 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

STOP TALKING

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
5,187 posts
30,419 battles
10 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

PLEASE 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

STOP TALKING

:Smile_izmena:

1,893 posts
6,031 battles

Why Yoshino should be much more expensive than Salem:

+ Super cruiser, not just heavy cruiser (and don't forget, torpedoes)

+ Actually has credit multiplier, while Salem does not

I expected NO LESS than 250k.

Am I interested in Yoshino? Yes.

But I will save my Coal and FXP for Siegfried and Friesland.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
500 posts
11,338 battles

They only inflate cost for steel ships not coals, so you can expect coal ships to not surpass 250k 

[FORCE]
155 posts
7,749 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Why Yoshino should be much more expensive than Salem:

+ Super cruiser, not just heavy cruiser (and don't forget, torpedoes)

+ Actually has credit multiplier, while Salem does not

I expected NO LESS than 280k.

Am I interested in Yoshino? Yes.

But I will save my Coal and FXP for Siegfried and Friesland.

You nailed it!

I'd rather save my coal for Siegfried though because I don't have high tier German premium yet. If they offer Siegfried for coal of course...

[TLS]
1,351 posts
16,879 battles

heh. Firstly you have to dissect what can coal be traded for.  Although coal is an abundant resource, it is still finite. Some people may chose to trade it in for consumables rather than ships.

To put things into perspective, say you are a crazy addicted player that has no time and plays everyday to get all the daily rewards and missions: 400/day from the 2 daily chains, plus lets say half of 3 resource crates a day give you coal (400x3x3/2 = 1800), that nets you about 2200 coal per day. That equates to about a million plus coal per year excluding additional coal from bonuses et. al. That is, if you can wait before the next coal ship comes out that is better than makes you regret your purchase OR wg decides to pull the ship out from sale.

So, at the current moment, inflation is not that much of an issue provided you grind out that coal. The people who are sitting on huge coal piles are the aforementioned players in Paragraph 2, long standing players that steadily stockpile their account, and people who took advantage of the Christmas season. Note that whilst these coal ships are "better (maybe)" than their tech tree counterparts, they are not necessarily up to the "premium" balancing standards people come to expect.

PLUS as people are mentioning, the upcoming more coal ships. Do you want to spend it on a ship you may not like?

Ultimately, you need to chose how to spend your coal effectively. 

Disclaimer: I own Salem (sitting in port mainly as a trophy cat because DM with legendary plays better), El Barto which is fun charging into the fray (especially with a div of 3 in Two Brothers down mid), Musashi (sitting in port because Yamato is way better) You can easily guess whether that cute IJN cruiser is going to be on the "to get" list or not.

1,893 posts
6,031 battles

Ooooh, haters because if the price is higher, they can't get the ship. 

Geezus, people. It not like WarGambling are going to to change the price less than a day after annoucing it. When was the last time WarGambling changed the Steel/Coal/FXP price of a given ship? (Missy's case does count because the different T9 premiums are... different ships)

[TLS]
1,351 posts
16,879 battles
28 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Ooooh, haters because if the price is higher, they can't get the ship. 

Geezus, people. It not like WarGambling are going to to change the price less than a day after annoucing it. When was the last time WarGambling changed the Steel/Coal/FXP price of a given ship? (Missy's case does count because the different T9 premiums are... different ships)

I know right? I seriously cannot understand why people cannot be just satisfied with what is essentially a 'free gift' from a certain point of view (as per jedi thinking).

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

*snipped*

What is this? This is a video game forum, not a university dissertation class.

Coal is relatively easy to grind. 1000 Coal a day (1 Daily Mission chain and 2 Coal crates) + ship coupon... That is not much actually, even if I buy JB now and get Yoshino later (...in December). With ship coupon, most Coal ships right now will be less than 200k... Less than a year for one ship.

With that said,... Yoshino isn't going to leave the Arsenal. Salem isn't, Jean Bart isn't. Because they are Arsenal exclusive, unlike Krons and Musushi which were ALSO available for FXP. They are destined to be unavailable after a year or so. 

Don't say I didn't warn you: the first T10 Coal BB (if any) will not be less than 260k. Salem is 240k and JB is 224k. I can see that ship being very expensive... or available for Steel (LMAO). Maybe that ship is Ohio.

I would like to think that Salem is an alternative Des Moist. So, there is no reason for me to build DM, and Salem has better survivability anyway. I really enjoy playing Salem.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
1,351 posts
16,879 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

What is this? This is a video game forum, not a university dissertation class.

Coal is relatively easy to grind. 1000 Coal a day (1 Daily Mission chain and 2 Coal crates) + ship coupon... That is not much actually, even if I buy JB now and get Yoshino later (...in December).

With that said,... Yoshino isn't going to leave the Arsenal. Salem isn't, Jean Bart isn't. Because they are Arsenal exclusive, unlike Krons and Musushi which were ALSO available for FXP. They are destined to be unavailable after a year or so. 

Don't say I didn't warn you: the first T10 Coal BB (if any) will not be less than 260k. Salem is 240k and JB is 224k. I can see that ship being very expensive... or available for Steel (LMAO). Or maybe that ship is Ohio.

I would like to think that Salem is an alternative Des Moist. So, there is no reason for me to build DM, and Salem has better survivability anyway. I really enjoy playing Salem.

Your numbers are so conservative. :P

Also, we need logic classes in here because there is insufficient logical thinking around here. *cough*seeallthecvspamasevidence*cough*

Salem yes is fun but as I have put in the hours of DM, with the legendary it becomes more nimble. I think you would enjoy is just as much.

• Funny 1

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Your numbers are so conservative. 😛

Let start at the low end of things. My average is about 1200/day (?)

5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Also, we need logic classes in here because there is insufficient logical thinking around here. *cough*seeallthecvspamasevidence*cough*

0.8.5 is going to change AA damage nechanics, let see how that go and who will rage :Smile_trollface:

7 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

I'd rather save my coal for Siegfried though because I don't have high tier German premium yet. If they offer Siegfried for coal of course...

I doubt that Siegfried is going to be available for ONLY Coal. She's maybe for both FXP and Coal, maybe just FXP, but not Coal alone.

I also doubt that Friesland will be for Steel, even though so far, none T9 premium DDs are for anything other than Steel.

Edited by Paladinum

Administrator
216 posts
3 hours ago, SwordMaster191 said:

shhhhhhhhh don't give WG ideas 

🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉

• Funny 5

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
3 hours ago, MeglaGnome said:

When is it out?

Update 0.8.5, tomorrow your time