You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Are these ships worth it?

29 comments in this topic

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles

I have Huanghe, Texas and Marblehead at a high special discount at $13.59 SGD for any one of them. I also have a 30% discount coupon to get one of them for just under $10.

Are any of these ships worth it? I know these ships are not particularly strong, but this highly discounted price is really raising my interest.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,341 posts
26,063 battles
8 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I have Huanghe, Texas and Marblehead at a high special discount at $13.59 SGD for any one of them. I also have a 30% discount coupon to get one of them for just under $10.

Are any of these ships worth it? I know these ships are not particularly strong, but this highly discounted price is really raising my interest.

no, they all are pretty bad

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,065 battles

Well dont expect the ships to perform in any special way. They are as only good as the way your use and play them. After all just premium ships at discount. Unless your into collecting them or have a liking interest in a certain ship.

[TLS]
231 posts
7,830 battles

Never buy prem below tier 7 as they are pretty meh and not print money like Atlanta or any tier 7 and upper. So don't waste your money buy low tier prem ship

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles
13 minutes ago, AxEyBoI said:

Well dont expect the ships to perform in any special way. They are as only good as the way your use and play them. After all just premium ships at discount. Unless your into collecting them or have a liking interest in a certain ship.

Yea... I thought so...

Huang He is weird and has bad main gun range...

Marblehead is flat out garbage to me...

And Texas has no secondaries and packed with AA.

I guess I now know why they sell us these ships at a massive discount.

Ships I rather have than these ships:

Huang He: De Grasse

Texas: Oktober Revolution

Marblehead: Murmansk

I have a Graf Spee and I find her very fun to play. I still think she needs a gun range and shell velocity buff.

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,065 battles

I have something like 35  premium ships. Anything you wish to know i will try to give you an insight. Im sort of a collector when i get the chance to pick them up. Cant use them all so i try to use them when i can but most of them are mediocre so nothing special but the name and history of the ship. You have to really know the ships strengths and the way you want to play to know if the ship suits you. Cos every ship plays differently.

Edited by AxEyBoI

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

I like to look at it as do I want to support WG's current decisions with money. That's why I say no.

• Cool 1

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

... I have a wallet full of cash ready to burn if only they'd do something I'd like

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,555 posts
40,260 battles

3 of them all trash :Smile_coin: throw money through the window

[BLESS]
1,159 posts
10,386 battles

As @drakon233 says they are not good, though I have seen Huanghe do very well in skilled hands and it has some minor value for its unique playstyle.

I regret buying Texas, even at half price.

Edited by Rina_Pon

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,065 battles

Im ready to throw my wallet at them once again, but this CV rework has made all my ships pretty under par. Im still a noob at this game and still learning how to play each ship and then the maps and situational awareness of team mates, how they play and how bad Matchmaking is with team.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,065 battles
50 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Yea... I thought so...

Huang He is weird and has bad main gun range...

Marblehead is flat out garbage to me...

And Texas has no secondaries and packed with AA.

I guess I now know why they sell us these ships at a massive discount.

Ships I rather have than these ships:

Huang He: De Grasse

Texas: Oktober Revolution

Marblehead: Murmansk

I have a Graf Spee and I find her very fun to play. I still think she needs a gun range and shell velocity buff.

Graff Spee was my 1st Premium. Probably not the best when your a new player. Her range is pretty lacking, velocity is not too bad. Best is to hold your fire and wait till the prey comes just into your concealment and your spotted and they are turning so you catch them at full broad then fire your full salvo. Since you dont have as many guns and range to duel and brawl you will lose against decent players.

[G_R]
410 posts
18,278 battles

If your a collector get them if your competitive they aint gunna turn you into a ace player.

459 posts
4,576 battles

They are all a victim of powercreep and you need heavy skilled captains to actually take advantage of their potential(Sector reinforcement for Texas's AA). Don't buy em.

Sincerely,

A guy who bought them cause I was in your exact place years ago.

1,369 posts
5,745 battles

Huanghe...according to what I have learnt about it, a shrinked Leander (Arethusa-class) refitted with Soviet 152-mm railguns (accessible to HE but with only 6 barrels), a Soviet Cold War-era AA suite (though after the Aviation Rework I do not know how it fares now) with creeping smokescreen and Torpedo Reloader gimmicks. Even if she is not that garbage as some people claim, she has a steep learning curve and needs great positioning and situational awareness skills. Also, being a Tier VI allows her to participate Scenario Operations that can farm a fair amout of credits and experience.

Marblehead? My opinion is that most of her gaming experience can be experienced by piloting a fully-upgraded Omaha, or a Murmansk which can be exchanged for 200 Provision Tokens that you earned for free if you decide to recruit Admiral Kuznetsov later using coal and have enough spare tokens. Though she does benefit from a Premium ship status, there are a number of better and more profitable USN Premium ships in higher tiers that can fulfill a USN captain trainer role as well as farming credits. For example, Indianapolis and Boise (both of them can be used in farming in Operation Narai, a major source of in-game income if you have a tight budget).

And finally Texas...a tweaked New York with significantly improved (and somewhat historically-accurate) late WWII AA suite (though self-defence only) and better firing angle for the amidships turrent, that's that. And personally speaking, I do not find New York's gaming experience is particularing entertaining, and my Japanese, French, Soviet and sometimes American Cruisers from Tier V up to VII plus Yorck enjoys HE Spamming and farming damage figures on these clumsy dreadnoughts while using WASD hack to avoid their returning salvoes. And as the case of the cruisers, there are better USN Premium BBs in higher tiers, though I remember that besides West Virginia' 41, all of them has the distinctive Super-heavy shell's unique ballistics that may take some time to adapt to. I remember that about one year ago the referral program will give rookies a Texas for free once they played one battle in any Tier VI ship as a gift, but now the gift has been changed to a Warspite, while you can earn an Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya for free by completing daily missions and stacking coal. Anyway, if you want to be a Premium ship collector and do not suffer constraints on your budget, that would be your own choice.

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles
3 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Never buy prem below tier 7 as they are pretty meh and not print money like Atlanta or any tier 7 and upper. So don't waste your money buy low tier prem ship

4 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

3 hours ago, MatterCore said:

3 of them all trash :Smile_coin: throw money through the window

These are the good summaries.

Rule#1: If you want a premium ship, find one that fits your playstyle unless you can adapt to the playstyle of the ship. All my premiums under T7 are freebies from crates. The only ship under T7 that I would buy would be the Kamikaze/R.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,555 posts
40,260 battles
14 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The only ship under T7 that I would buy would be the Kamikaze/R. 

Gremyashchy

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,273 posts
18,722 battles

I have Texas, wouldn't touch Huanghe with someone elses' bargepole and have no experience with Marblehead.

Wouldn't buy the second two, only have the first because I am so heavily invested in all US lines.

But if you have got this far down the thread and are still wondering if you buy any - I think you need to properly read the insinuated "HELL NO!"'s above!

(Back in the day, with a fully AA specced Texas, you could get an 80 AA rating - it was my profile meme for ages and was almost worth it for the gimmick... now... I don't know)

Edited by Max_Battle

743 posts
19,634 battles
8 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Giulio Cesare & Kamikaze are far from "meh".

1,369 posts
5,745 battles
Just now, Bex_o7 said:

Giulio Cesare & Kamikaze are far from "meh".

However they are no longer directly on sale for cash or any regular means as they turned out to be much too powerful, and can only be obtained through gambling with Premium Supercontainers as far as I'm concerned.

[CLAY]
2,668 posts
12,048 battles
11 hours ago, appoclyse said:

What about T6? I like having some T6’s to use in operations.

4,535 posts
8,629 battles
50 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

What about T6? I like having some T6’s to use in TIER SIX operations.

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,273 posts
18,722 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

What about T6? I like having some T6’s to use in operations.

Collect T6 premium ships to use in Ops?

Who would do such a thing!?

You loco hombre!

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.06.24 - 11.28.13.40.png

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,668 posts
12,048 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

:Smile_trollface:

Yes, Thankyou. Though as you have demonstrated, most people would assume I am talking about T6 operations when speaking about T6 ships.

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles
53 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yes, Thankyou. Though as you have demonstrated, most people would assume I am talking about T6 operations when speaking about T6 ships.

I thought you mean you operate by cutting people in half with your warspite. >_>

• Funny 1