Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Project45_Opytny

Unstable connection makes game unplayable

8 comments in this topic

1,356 posts
5,718 battles

From about 9PM this night I have been suffering from poor and unstable connection and this have significantly hindered me from playing the game properly.

My location is Shanghai, China and I have played the game in Asia Server since March this year. Though generally speaking the connection has been acceptable in this monthes, the connection quality tonight is awful: unexpected drops are frequent (I experienced five disconnections in a row tonight, including instances of suffering two disconnections in a single match) and it takes at least three minutes to reconnect and usually I have already been sink by enemies or lagged behind my teammates (I have been farming in Operation Narai this night) in this period. I have purchased a third-party acceleration service for the game but that does not seem to work, as I still experience 200+ ping values and frequent connection drops.

I hope this problem would be remedied as soon as possible.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
Fixing typos

Administrator
373 posts

Hello commander, well noted.

We're sorry for the inconvenience first of all, and will try our best to provide better condition for you to play WoWS.

Also our Player support team might help you out with this issue(not all the time though, unfortunately😥) so we'd like to recommend to contact them with your PC spec in detail if you're still suffered from the same issue.

Thank you for your understanding in advance!

• Cool 1

[SMURF]
13 posts
4,383 battles

Hello to all. I live in Brisbane Australia, and have with the dancing ping (50 to 200ms at times.. My main account is on the SEA server. I started a new account on NA server and the ping is stable on 108ms.

I have started to play more on NA because I do so much better with a stable ping. Thanks

2 posts
2,416 battles

I have similar experience as well and my location is at Selangor, Malaysia.

Game is extremely laggy/ delayed and loading screen appears like this sometimes [20190720210309_1.jpg].

I have no problem before this hour and played few battles before experiencing this lag

20190720210309_1.jpg

[AN-DO]
11 posts
15,540 battles

Similar problem.

I'm playing from NZ and since last night pings are yoyoing between 200 and 1999 ping constantly.

I've tried playing from 3 different location and 3 different ISPs and they all are experiencing the same thing. Game is basically unplayable.

[AUS_P]
1 post
4,893 battles

I am having the same issue here in Brisbane ping just jumps and logs out at times, totally unplayable has wasted the premium time I just received.

happened to me about 6pm local time and still hasn't gotten any better

1 post

Try this if you constantly get disconnected from World of Warships and get penalized lol....

It was happening to me constantly.

I have a fix.

If you have a third party firewall or antivirus and the game is already white listed, thats cool but the root issue is with windows firewall

You need to create a custom rule that points to the worldofwarships64.exe file. Not the game launcher, which is in the latest patch folder under the program files steam folder.

Once you have pointed to the .exe
The rules need to be set.

Once done, this should fix all your issues.

So here is what you need to do...

Under the windows start menu, search for Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security

Once open, select the Outbound Rules
Then the Action tab at the top
Create new rule
Rule type is Program
Browse to the .exe that I showed you
Then select Allow the connection
Do not select the (If its secure one) as weird as that sounds.

What rule does rhis apply to?
Domain
Private
Public

Name the rule world of warships or something, then click finish

Folder location for the .exe
If installed on c drive...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Warships\bin\1690929\bin64\WorldOfWarships64.exe

Edited by HeadHunternz

[LYNMF]
6 posts
5,744 battles

I'm also having this issue recently and got penalized for it (game denied me from logging back in), quit the game, relaunch the launcher only to be greeted with blank UI and update failed message (I'm using standard WOWs client, not WGC) Several times after I managed to log in but after minutes in the port or game, it constantly lag before it kicked me to the login screen and the cycle repeats.

The firewall solution didn't work for me, I already had the firewall to whitelist the game and double check it just to be sure. Lag still happen.

Sign in to follow this