Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Some random (German ships) suggestions...

19 comments in this topic

4,494 posts
8,613 battles

ONE:

Make AFT and BFT work for ALL DD guns. There are DDs in this game that have guns larger than 140 mm (like, 3 of them)... 10% reduced reload for reload of 7,5 s or 6,777 s is actually kinda insignificant, but they shouldn't be left out. Maybe DD guns that are larger than 140 only get 10% instead of 20% for AFT.

TWO:

Add a Hull B for Z-52 and a Torpedo C module for Z-46.

Hull B for Z-52: No Speed Boost, but standard cruiser Repair Party, and DAAF in the same slot as Smoke or Repair Party.

Torpedo C for Z-46: 12 km range, 62 knots, 90s reload, 1,5 km detection range, 14400 alpha. A side-grade. Z-23 may get some good out of these torps.

Or, you know, just buff German DDs' maneuverability. T8-10 kinda need DAAF regardless.

THREE:

Redistribute HP for parts of German cruisers and BBs, esp. high tiers. WG stated that HP distribution adjustments (would) help with French DDs' survival, so, without actually increasing protection or HP pool, German ships can survive longer if this is implemented.

FOUR:

Please give Akizuki, Kitakaze and Harugumo DAAF in the same slot as Engine Boost... They are designed to be AA ships IRL... It'd be bad for Akizuki though because she's slow AF.

FIVE: 

Maybe, sorta, kinda, perhaps, possibly allow ships of all tiers the access to ALL upgrade slots. Maybe, sorta, kinda, perhaps, possibly consider that. Just a suggestion. A maybe, sorta, kinda, perhaps, possibly suggestion.

• Cool 3

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
13 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Make AFT and BFT work for ALL DD guns. There are DDs in this game that have guns larger than 140 mm (like, 3 of them)... 10% reduced reload for reload of 7,5 s or 6,777 s is actually kinda insignificant, but they shouldn't be left out. Maybe DD guns that are larger than 140 only get 10% instead of 20% for AFT.

German 150 mm DD line please :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Paladinum

[MRI]
3,435 posts
14,811 battles
19 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Please give Akizuki, Kitakaze and Harugumo DAAF in the same slot as Engine Boost... They are designed to be AA ships IRL... It'd be bad for Akizuki though because she's slow AF.

People have been asking for this for ages. WG answer has always been nope, because reasons. Something something national flavour.

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Something something "Axis aren't allowed to get anything good, even in a freaking video game"

There fixed it... :Smile_unsure:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[-ISO-]
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Something something "Axis aren't allowed to get anything good, even in a freaking video game"

There fixed it... :Smile_unsure:

Japanese is still fine. But the Germans doesn't

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
1 minute ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Japanese is still fine. But the Germans doesn't

And then there is the Italian not having a line yet

• Cool 1

4,494 posts
8,613 battles

German ships are not going through senescence, they are going through obsolescence. In this meta, the ones who are willing to be the tank and come forward will get wrecked first. This game is designed for the damage dealers and German ships are basically damage sponges. High HP pool is useless if you get hammered while your guns don't have the range to counter attack... or the speed to get into your range.

Cruisers: bad krupp/penetration at long range (a serious issue), vulnerable from bombs and plunging fires (not a very bad thing tbh), less than okay maneuverability

Hindenburg and Roon have 5,2 km AA range, WTF. Couple that with the weird aft AA mechanics, you ain't gonna shoot anything down very nicely even though these ships have very powerful AA damage.

BBs: bad accuracy at about... all ranges, meh torpedo protection (not that bad tbh), less than okay maneuverability (considering the size, okay I guess), questionable AP krupp/penetration

GK has worse AA detection range than the Tower of Yamato. How does that work? GK actually has at least 2km more AA detection range than all other T10 BBs. How does that work?

Destroyers: not very bad per se, but the maneuverability can be your downfall. Good Hydro, very fast but that's about it. Torpedoes lack damage, fine by me, but also lack range.

German 150 mm DDs seem to be a cool idea at first, but that reload is just... nope. Why AFT and BFT don't support ALL DD guns?

The solutions for the ship's survivability can be quite simple: redistribute HP of the ship's parts (for cruisers and BBs). Make all other parts saturate damage quicker and focus the ship's HP in the citadel. If you can't hit the citadel, you can't reliably sink them. Repair Party for German cruisers and BBs can "heal" citadel damage more.

The cruisers' secondary need to have a decent accuracy buff. Gneisenau (and Scharnhorst maybe) gets a sec range buff.

Siegfried better have good survivability and great secondary range. At least Bismarck's level.

AFT and BFT need to support all DD guns regardless of size so Gaede, Z-39 and Z-23 aren't left out.

Z-46 and Z-52 can trade Engine Boost for Repair Party. Z-23, Z-46 and Z-52 get a new torpedo module that trade damage/reload for range. Z-23 can have a "Torpedo C" with the same torps from Z-52 Torpedo B.

Z-52 needs a legendary module (Slot 6) that increases torp range for more reload time (while I'm on the fence and yet to conclude about it, GK's one is just... nope).

And SERIOUSLY, give German DDs 1/4 HE pen... Why the **** don't they get this?

AND LAST OF ALL...

Turret traverse speed of German ships aren't good enough. BUFF THEM ALL! 

Gneisenau, Bismarck, Siegfried, 36s? NOT FAST ENOUGH! TO 30s! FdG to 30s! GK to 36s!

Hipper, Roon and Hindenburg to 20s! Graf Spee to 22,5s! Nurnberg to 20s!

Gaede, Maass, Z-23 128 to 18s! Z-23 150 to 20s! Z-46 and Z-52 to 9s (?)

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
1 minute ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

Wow the first impression from us of this thread... is... very enthusiastic! Seriously, thank you for your suggestion, @Paladinum 🙂

Moderator noticed me!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Administrator
373 posts
Just now, Paladinum said:

Moderator noticed me!

To be honest, I(We)'ve been always watching you 👀👀

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
33 minutes ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

Why? WHAT DID I DO? What have I done...?

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[66666]
35 posts
6,330 battles

Interesting this is up, I was coming on for a read, as all my Germans are struggling at the moment, glad it's not just me. 

[REPOI]
Senior Moderator, Alpha Tester, ST Coordinator, Privateer, Clantest Coordinator, Super Tester_
477 posts
5,012 battles
48 minutes ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

You're not supposed to tell them! :fish_panic:

• Funny 3

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
38 minutes ago, TheAzure said:

You're not supposed to tell them! :fish_panic:

Seriously though? What have I done to deserve always being watched by Mods?????

Edited by Paladinum

[151ST]
2,325 posts
9,843 battles
11 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Seriously though? What have I done to deserve always being watched by Mods?????

Don't question it, just learn to love it

:cap_look:

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,547 posts
40,042 battles
16 hours ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

Eye of Sauron :fish_panic:

• Funny 1

[ATLAS]
[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
510 posts
13,164 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 9:43 PM, Paladinum said:

FIVE: 

Maybe, sorta, kinda, perhaps, possibly allow ships of all tiers the access to ALL upgrade slots. Maybe, sorta, kinda, perhaps, possibly consider that. Just a suggestion. A maybe, sorta, kinda, perhaps, possibly suggestion.

No

Too much hassle in editing the value of all ships affected with this change, besides low tier people won't have enough money to buy it anyway which enhance the seal clubber strength even more.

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Don't question it, just learn to love it

:cap_look:

2 hours ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying :fish_aqua:

Oh so now I have to Learn how to not worry and love the bomb?

Sign in to follow this