Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Dev Blog's bundles of new news #11 - CVs have invaded Co-op!!!

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,391
[TLS]
Member
3,755 posts
19,485 battles
7 hours ago, ADMIRAL_SPUD said:

Conqueror's guns dont need a nerf, fire spam is the real problem.  The fire damage needs to be reduced for ALL ships, so that there is minor[cosmetic] fire damage over the time that it burn's for and that AP does the majority damage.

This is typical wg "logic" problem to addressing issues. The problem is this, fix something else. "Oh look! My car has a battery problem. Your brakes need fixing. WTF?" This is wg car mechanics. See YY. It was too effective because of radar back in the last T10 season. What did they do instead? Nerf guns and torps. -_-

Their problem is that they want "lines to have unique characteristics" and they are stubbornly sticking to it. Taking your example, they want RN bbs to be firestarters, which only happens with t9/10 ships anyway. So what is the problem reducing the firechance from 60 to 50? Or 50 to 40? Conqueror's AP still works well if they get up closer.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,192
Member
4,360 posts
8,291 battles
6 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The problem is this, fix something else.

Doctors in my country do that sometimes. It's a funny place.

 

7 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Taking your example, they want RN bbs to be firestarters, which only happens with t9/10 ships anyway.

I made this a few years ago (so some stats can be obsolete), stating that the RN in this game is the Royal Gimmick Navy.

ships-06.thumb.jpg.b994453568df39dfb62e742467fbc538.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
539
[BLESS]
Member
1,024 posts
9,496 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 9:33 AM, Paladinum said:

Dev Blog for PT 0.8.6

The next Ranked season will be Tier 9, but 6v6 instead of 7v7. And Siegfried isn't even out yet. I guess I will take out my Kitakaze, Neptune, Seattle, Alaska, FdG?

Other ships that would be nerfed/buffed: Chung Mu, Yueyang, Gearing, Jutland, Emerald.

AA mechanic "adjustment":

Why could I guess WG would make the next Ranked T9, after they release all those OP premium/reward ships. Fundamental issue is they deliberately made tech tree T9 ships uncomfortable to promote T10, while T9 premiums are deliberately attractive exactly because they generate income. Fletcher will be OK, but anyone wanting to play with Seattle, Izumo, Ibuki, Yugumo, FdG etc. are going to get pounded by Stalingrad, Alaska, the Moosh, JB etc.

American destroyer Gearing, tier X: Researchable torpedo tubes reload time lowered from 136 to 122 s. (Those are the 16 km ones, so nice they make the long range fish more viable vs the faster reloading stock option. Definite welcome buff.)

Re. the AA mechanic, that should make quite a few German ships a lot more potent. Sharn, Gneis, and Bismark especially.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,391
[TLS]
Member
3,755 posts
19,485 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Doctors in my country do that sometimes. It's a funny place.

The good news is that you can sue them and win for malpractice.

I like "Shell damage is proportional to shell weight and depends on nation" and the chart proves it otherwise.

PS. Oh yes, I remembered that mini-stalin: CornStead.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,192
Member
4,360 posts
8,291 battles
24 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The good news is that you can sue them and win for malpractice.

Legal system is funny too.

 

24 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I like "Shell damage is proportional to shell weight and depends on nation" and the chart proves it otherwise.

When it comes to the Royal Gimmick Navy, there is no logic.

 

24 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

PS. Oh yes, I remembered that mini-stalin: CornStead.

Oh yeah, I thought it was Conestack.

One more iteration and it will be "Cossack". Not even remotely close.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
648
[SALT]
Member
1,974 posts
10,504 battles
8 hours ago, Paladinum said:

When it comes to the Royal Gimmick Navy, there is no logic.

RN HE shell - bursting charge is almost twice the weight of german shell of similiar caliber though

though RN ship have to much gimmick, some of it were totaly useless like Hood AA rockets

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[MHNVY]
Member
16 posts
5,719 battles
11 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

This is typical wg "logic" problem to addressing issues. The problem is this, fix something else. "Oh look! My car has a battery problem. Your brakes need fixing. WTF?" This is wg car mechanics. See YY. It was too effective because of radar back in the last T10 season. What did they do instead? Nerf guns and torps. -_-

Their problem is that they want "lines to have unique characteristics" and they are stubbornly sticking to it. Taking your example, they want RN bbs to be firestarters, which only happens with t9/10 ships anyway. So what is the problem reducing the firechance from 60 to 50? Or 50 to 40? Conqueror's AP still works well if they get up closer.

When I play the Conq I use AP under 10km and HE over 10km. Surprised a Yamato in one round recently at roughly 8km I had loaded ap ready and destroyed the Yama with 5 citadel's.
Last round just now I got 270k damage, using HE and AP in the Conq, and pushed forward just as it seemed like we were the losing team. We won some how  :D

Grinding for the Unique Upgrade for the Conq atm. Now on the 5th stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×