Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

New York, New York

7 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,592 battles

shot-19_06.22_07_21.19-0896.thumb.jpg.422d20d8ef7f53b3fadbd03bc46ff4a0.jpg

I re-bought this ship a couple of days ago, mostly to complete the line but also because I enjoy the ugly prem. camo. (the only T5 tech tree premium camo in game!) It looks like the ship had a bad run in with a giant seagull.

Underrated boat. I farmed more confederate/high cal awards in five games last night than the last six months playing DD/CA, and it wasn't even hard to do so. Accurate guns and plenty of armor vs. large numbers of inexperienced BB players bunched together  in small maps. The main drawback is even upgraded the AA is only a mild deterrent. The other thing is you burn easily, so prem. heal/damecon consumables are a must.

I run my patented "low tier USN BB clubber captain" build: EL, EM, Vigilance, with FP for the eventual 10 point. AA guns mod 1.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles

Cool. Good to “go back” and find a gem.

[HMASW]
1,851 posts
3 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

shot-19_06.22_07_21.19-0896.thumb.jpg.422d20d8ef7f53b3fadbd03bc46ff4a0.jpg

I re-bought this ship a couple of days ago, mostly to complete the line but also because I enjoy the ugly prem. camo. (the only T5 tech tree premium camo in game!) It looks like the ship had a bad run in with a giant seagull.

Underrated boat. I farmed more confederate/high cal awards in five games last night than the last six months playing DD/CA, and it wasn't even hard to do so. Accurate guns and plenty of armor vs. large numbers of inexperienced BB players bunched together  in small maps. The main drawback is even upgraded the AA is only a mild deterrent. The other thing is you burn easily, so prem. heal/damecon consumables are a must.

I run my patented "low tier USN BB clubber captain" build: EL, EM, Vigilance, with FP for the eventual 10 point. AA guns mod 1.

I agree, I bought back.my new York a while ago, & enjoy citadelling everyone in sight.... Its even a tough nut against KGVs, & very satisfying to watch all those heavy shells crash heavily into other T VII ships.... 

But boy, I wish she was refitted with turbines instead of the ol' reciprocating engines.... A knot or 5 wouldn't go astray...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,592 battles
5 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

But boy, I wish she was refitted with turbines instead of the ol' reciprocating engines.... A knot or 5 wouldn't go astray...

:Smile_child:

Sometimes I think it would be faster to get out and push. Fortunately most maps at T5 are small enough that it doesn't matter.

385 posts
4,572 battles

I don't drink coffee, I take tea, my dear

I like my toast done on one side

And you can hear it in my accent when I talk

I'm an Englishman in New York.

Whoa oh

I'm an alien

I'm a legal alien

I'm an Englishman in New York.

I guess I found me a good New York theme song lel

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,592 battles
19 hours ago, ADMIRAL_SPUD said:

Get the TEXAS New York's Prem Twin with decent for its tier AA

Have it. Don't like it. Guns are wonky, AA is too short range to be useful to anyone but you, and every CV knows to avoid you until late game when your mounts are mostly burnt off.

@TD1 Not Sinatra?

Start spreading the news ...

Sign in to follow this