Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Secondary cruisers

17 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles

I know. Stupid question.

But I love secondary fire - I don't know why - I just love the pew pew. I am odd like that. I think I blame DooM and Counter Strike.

You see back in the days of my apprenticeship to become a fully qualified All Day Gamer there weren't enough gaming machines to go around amongst my brothers and our friends.

So we had to play games like DooM and early versions of Counterstrike (and Duke Nukem 3D? "Them alien bastards are gonna pay for shootin' up my ride!") in shifts.

Many a time after a long session, one of my brothers would tap me on the shoulder with an insistent "MY TURN MY TURN!" and finally, yielding to exhaustion and a sense of fair play, I would roll off the computer chair into a carefully prepared nest of bean bags and blankets and drift off into a deep slumber to the sounds of demons screaming, aliens dying and chainguns blazing. The sounds of guns and violence accompanied by the warmth and comfort of being surrounded by a warm nest, family, friends and gamers Pavloved me into finding the sounds of pew pew calming and soothing.

So now, sometimes in my Bismarck, Tirpitz or FDG, I go into a sort of a trance when my secondaries open up.

*sigh* a symphony of beauty, death and fire worthy of Wagner himself.

I once tried to fully spec my Graf Spee for secondaries - it was horrible!

So, can/would any work?

I know. Stupid question.

• Cool 2

[1NATN]
574 posts
18,796 battles

I did it for the lulz on a Hindenburg once, got the range out to about 9.1km iirc and apparently the Roon is even better for it, but the performance is really poor, despite being pretty funny.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

2,274 posts
6,176 battles

WarGambling may think something along those lines for Siegfried... :Smile_hiding:

Hindenburg's 105 mm may do little against the enemy, but the firework is actually entertaining to watch :Smile_veryhappy:

My Salem's sec is quite impressive as well. Good range, good RoF, good number of guns.

If the sec guns on cruisers would be more accurate... I would take Manual Sec on my German BB captain, but cruisers need other skills...

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WarGambling may think something along those lines for Siegfried... :Smile_hiding:

You trying to make me remember how to pray!?

That would be awesome.

2,274 posts
6,176 battles
11 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

You trying to make me remember how to pray!?

"Unless you sit in on a high level WG meeting where they discuss such things, it might be hard to know if what we players think is deliberate actually is.
That's not to say the question is wrong, just unless you know what their release plans are for the next 12 months, it's hard to say where they are focusing."

So you don't need to pray (to WarGambling).

Edited by Paladinum

[AN-DO]
323 posts
7,361 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I once tried to fully spec my Graf Spee for secondaries - it was horrible!

So did I. If there was ever a cruiser that should actually be set up by WG for decent secondary spec it should be Spee, i mean its got those 150s on the side and its a cruiser at T6!

2,274 posts
6,176 battles
28 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

So did I. If there was ever a cruiser that should actually be set up by WG for decent secondary spec it should be Spee, i mean its got those 150s on the side and its a cruiser at T6!

I don't trust 150 mm sec... the RoF doesn't feel impactful, even on ships like FdG and GK. I prefer intensity of shells that can be put out, kinda like something will hit if you throw enough onto the wall.

Edited by Paladinum

694 posts
5,354 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

I don't trust 150 mm sec... the RoF doesn't feel impactful, even on ships like FdG and GK. I prefer intensity of shells that can be put out, kinda like something will hit if you throw enough onto the wall.

Like french BBs? 

[EX0]
303 posts
14,867 battles

150 mms generally have longer rof?those 100 mms are more fun to watch since they are 3s generally. like jpn ca line.

[NAU]
216 posts
5,870 battles

My secondaries on my Tirpitz take a full 5 seconds from the time the enemy is in range it takes its time aiming then loading and then having a cigarette then a coffee and maybe a bathroom break before it even fires 1 shell, most of the time the DDs are gone out of range so all the guns are aiming in the wrong direction the next time another ships comes into range, so it does it again lol.

[MRI]
1,982 posts
11,126 battles

Graf Spee secondaries could use an accuracy buff. Even with manual secondary skill the accuracy still sucks because the buff is only 15% at tier 6.

17 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

I did it for the lulz on a Hindenburg once, got the range out to about 9.1km iirc and apparently the Roon is even better for it, but the performance is really poor, despite being pretty funny.

I did build my Roon for Secondaries when I was grinding through it for the slulz. 

Wasn't very effective because I seldom found myself in a situation where I could put those secondaries to work, but with full secondary upgrades and skills you could get quite a bit of range on them.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
5,376 posts
31,283 battles

dont ever try Mini guns

focus on AA, much better

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

Cruisers' secondaries' problem is the lack of sufficient of them of decent range. If you come that close for a fight, I'd rather have torpedoes.

To put it this way: battleship secondaries are what would be cruiser guns. Cruiser guns are what would be dd guns.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
19 hours ago, Paladinum said:

"Unless you sit in on a high level WG meeting where they discuss such things, it might be hard to know if what we players think is deliberate actually is.
That's not to say the question is wrong, just unless you know what their release plans are for the next 12 months, it's hard to say where they are focusing."

So you don't need to pray (to WarGambling).

Who said that quote?

They sound wise and awesome!

I bet you feel blessed to know them!

[LNA]
445 posts
4,203 battles

This just in: Bismarck, Tripitz and Graff Zeplin are getting a secondary penetration buff. To add to the list, German cruisers: Admiral Hipper, Prince Eugen, Roon and Hindenburg are also getting a secondary penn buff. The base penn of 105s are going from 17mm to 25mm. Combine IFHE with it and your secondaries will be able to penn 32mm of armor now. The German battleships Friedrech der Grobe and Grober Kurfurst are not on the list at the moment of typing this.

Edited by LonerPrime

2,274 posts
6,176 battles
1 hour ago, LonerPrime said:

The German battleships Friedrech der Grobe and Grober Kurfurst are not on the list at the moment of typing this.

FdG: got that a few updates ago.

GK: does not have 105 mm guns.

Edited by Paladinum

Sign in to follow this