Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Wyoming is good fun

13 comments in this topic

[P_O_I]
[P_O_I]
64 posts
662 battles

My brother let me play his Wyoming for one battle and I pimped it with an American camo and some rare flags and some combat flags and I had some good fun. Scored so much Creds, Exp and 2.5k free exp.

I would stay angled in a fighting retreat while reloading, and after broadsiding BB fires at me with minimal damage, I would open up and deal 3-5 times the damage in return.

What do you think about Wyoming? I think it is a bloody good ship.

[TLS]
43 posts
19,732 battles

Hello

It is one of the good ship plus in good hands, really make a full use of it. For her next tier USS New York is awesome as well.

The only drawback is so slow compare to its counterpart (up till T7 USS Colorado only)

73 posts
1,374 battles

In my view, why Wyoming gameplay is fun have multiple reasons. She stays in a tier together with experimental CVLs carrying interwar biplanes that struggle even against a Kuma's almost ornamental 25-mm Hotchkiss AA guns, light cruisers that are usually floating citadel strapped with a bunch of guns, battleships that manouver like bricks and suffer from shotgun-like accuracy, and torpedo crafts that have rather limited capabilities. Also her parameters are solid for a Tier 4 BB, though she does suffer from poor accuracy like her peers, she boasts a 12-gun broadside, and the dynamic nature of lower-tier matches would create numerous opportunities for a point-blank salvo that can largely mitigate the dispersion problem and take away large chunks of the enemy's health, if not directly a DevStrike.

Personally speaking I think that Wyoming is more enjoyable than New York. Once upon a time in the now almost-defunct Chinese server, I burnt a NY to death in my Yorck during a T5-7 game and avoided all his returning salvoes fired at me through WASD-hacking at a distance of around 15km. Another time when I was grinding through NY I was firebombed by an enemy KGV simply with his British HE shells that set me almost permanently on fire despite my attempts to disengage and put out the fires. Though NY is far more better than the infamous Emerald or pre-buff Izumo and I did made some good shots with her, I just think that Wyoming is more enjoyable.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
Get rid of improper usgae of "literally".
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,247 posts
12,396 battles

I'm on Iowa and creeping closer to Montana.

I have enjoyed the US BB line.

Mind you I "feel" like playing US and German ships most of the time and what you want to play can make you better in it - IMO.

A placebo that works is not a placebo.

• Cool 1

[TROLL]
320 posts
2,385 battles

I remember having an awful time grinding Wyoming and S.C. in my old account, so I fxp'd past it this time.  -2/10

NY was manageable at under 10km 4/10

New Mex was an absolute beast at times but suffers from wonky dispersion 5/10

Colorado is a wolf among the sheep. don't let the low speed/thinner armor fool you. She's the best BB at her tier. Period.  8/10

N.C. was a stinker. Could get penned from literally any angle and bow tanking will often result in turret incapacitations. 4.5/10  (also looks intimidating af with Leviathan camo so +2 points for that)

Iowa (B hull) was a lot of fun to grind, it has a functional AA but that doesnt mean you can yolo by yourself on a wild goose chase,  facing 3 and/or more enemies will be overwhelming and wont end well for you.  Will keep her in port instead of buying Georgia! 8.5/10

I got Monty two days ago, I don't understand her yet but I feel insecure driving her with Kremlins and Georgias sailin about. That said, she can easily send those pesky little cruisers back to port in one well-aimed salvo.

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel

[CLAY]
1,182 posts
8,076 battles
9 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Another time when I was grinding through NY I was literally nuked by an enemy KGV simply with his British HE shells that set me almost permanently on fire despite my attempts to disengage and put out the fires.

I wasn't aware that the KGV HE shells were actually nuclear. You think that would do more damage.

Spoiler

Yes, I'm one of those people who get annoyed at the incorrect use of the word 'literally'.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 1

73 posts
1,374 battles
6 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I wasn't aware that the KGV HE shells were actually nuclear. You think that would do more damage.

Eh...that is just a bit of exaggeration. They are indeed very effective against angled targets and almost anything that you worry that your AP may not work well with their 89-mm penetration regardless of angling and high fire chance.

I deleted that "literally" and altered the wording.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
1,182 posts
8,076 battles
13 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Eh...that is just a bit of exaggeration.

Literal, adjective : True to fact; not exaggerated.

That said, its a very overused and very incorrectly used word these days. Too often used for emphasis and exaggeration, rather than pointing out when a statement is an actual fact.

While there are many who just use it incorrectly,I do not doubt that there are some on the internet who use it incorrectly deliberately, just to troll those like me 😛

This has been your language lesson for the day :Smile_hiding:

Oh look, I derailed another thread :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,811 battles

I do not have a wyoming or NY since I got a free NM and boy did I hate grinding the NM.

Too

S

L

O

W

[LBAS]
5,163 posts
30,330 battles

my last battle with Wyoming, no fun at all:Smile_trollface:

shot-16.06.15_14.28.31-0307.jpg

• Cool 1

[P_O_I]
[P_O_I]
64 posts
662 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I do not have a wyoming or NY since I got a free NM and boy did I hate grinding the NM.

Too

S

L

O

W

Well were you prepared for US BBs from tier III-VII?

If you want a fast BB, get IJN Kongo.

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,552 battles
20 hours ago, MatterCore said:

my last battle with Wyoming, no fun at all:Smile_trollface:

shot-16.06.15_14.28.31-0307.jpg

Whoa! Blast for the past.

(psst. Wyoming is still good.)

• Funny 1

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,552 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 1:47 AM, Project45_Opytny said:

Personally speaking I think that Wyoming is more enjoyable than New York. Once upon a time in the now almost-defunct Chinese server, I burnt a NY to death in my Yorck during a T5-7 game and avoided all his returning salvoes fired at me through WASD-hacking at a distance of around 15km. Another time when I was grinding through NY I was firebombed by an enemy KGV simply with his British HE shells that set me almost permanently on fire despite my attempts to disengage and put out the fires. Though NY is far more better than the infamous Emerald or pre-buff Izumo and I did made some good shots with her, I just think that Wyoming is more enjoyable.

NY has difficulty against any intelligently-played cruiser, even more against T7 cruisers which can stay even further away and still hit you. You don't have the ballistics to reliably hit dodging targets at range, and you can find yourself burnt down very quickly.

Mitigating that is,

1. For some reason T7 MM is not so frequent recently.

2. For every intelligently-played cruiser at T4-6, there are are 5-6 straightlining noobs to farm citadels on.

I wouldn't say NY is better or worse then Wyoming tier-for-tier, but what NY has going for it are heavier, more consistent guns. Her mid-range damage output against exposed enemy BBs can be spectacular.

Sign in to follow this