You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Graf Spee range buff

17 comments in this topic

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles

I found that the Graf Spee had a lacking gun range for her gun's purpose and caliber. I did some research and I found that Graf Spee definetely needs a firing range buff.

Base reference:

Graf Spee firing range:

IRL: 36.5km In-game: 16km

Nurnberg:

IRL: 25.7km In-game: 16.5km

Leander:

IRL: 23.3km In-Game: 13.2km

All source from wikipedia and WoWS

Edited by Lee_Hongjin
  • Funny 1

[VNR]
69 posts
7,456 battles

If this game is similar to the real mechanism, it will cause a lot of imbalance. Think about that.

• Funny 1

[P_O_I]
71 posts
816 battles

I think that if Graf Spee couldn't outrange a regular cruiser, it wouldn't be of much use. It has BB guns for a reason. I think the speed is beareable though.

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

[NFB]
1,327 posts
13,911 battles
1 hour ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I found that the Graf Spee had a lacking gun range for her gun's purpose and caliber. I did some research and I found that Graf Spee definetely needs a firing range buff.

Just increased gun range would not help, hard enough to hit stuff at 16km with Spee's guns.

I hardly play Spee in Random, but mostly OPs. Spee is a quite different ship, I would say a re-balance should be considered by WG. 

4,490 posts
8,611 battles
13 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Just increased gun range would not help, hard enough to hit stuff at 16km with Spee's guns.

Bad dispersion is a pain in the aft, and short-fused AP makes it hard to punch through anything significant, even a broadside Fuso within 6 km.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,997 battles

If your lucky to get close with torps or a broadside ship you might do alright. But other then that its hard to influence a game with that ship against veteran players. She will just get outgunned and burned down. Not only a range buff but accuracy is like trying to play those side shows at a carnival and just never lands.

Edited by AxEyBoI

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,241 posts
18,470 battles

Although I welcome any buff to any of my Kriegbotes I have one word for you:

Germspersion.

• Cool 3

[LUOMU]
Super Tester_
1,421 posts
13,733 battles

It is worth noting that WoWS is not a naval simulator and has never intended to be one. It's a commercialized freemium game with a studio backing it that needs to keep itself running on the revenue this product generates.

Actual naval battles are frankly boring and random. Capital ships will hurl tens if not hundreds of shells at each other over a distance of 20km+ hoping for 1 hit, often with neither side willing to close the distance.

So balances and historical inaccuracies must be introduced to make the product fun to play for the average person, shrink the battle down from hours historically to 20 minutes or less. One of the things done is the reduction of range.

As for the combat efficiency of Graf Speed in game, I'd say she is competent, despite being somewhat frustrating.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
9 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Capital ships will hurl tens if not hundreds of shells at each other over a distance of 20km+ hoping for 1 hit, often with neither side willing to close the distance.

Sounds like the majority of wows players to me.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,241 posts
18,470 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Sounds like the majority of wows players to me.

???

I have a full secondary spec Haida, am I doing it wrong?

297 posts
3,741 battles

spee ,scharnhorst and gneisenau definitely needs buff

all of them should have 8km secondary stock range and up to 190 dispersion of main guns

• Cool 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,997 battles

My 1st line was the German Cruiser line and after that i went to other lines and only now started the German BB line but really just having like 1-2 Games a week, so there is no real progress. They are very lacking, even using my Tirpitz  few days ago at 11km Colorado full broadside i was angled 45degrees and with a full HE salvo no shells landed. Some went over it some before it and a few past the Bow and Stern but nothing landed,  I was like what the .... . Maybe for the Graff a 1-2km increased range or decrease the reload 3-4 secs or even a 2km extended torpedo range. Ive also noticed that the secondaries dont start shooting till after 5seconds the enemy is with in range, which is crazy cos a DD is already turning away after 2-3 secs. Some Buffs would be welcome and more appealing to play and take out of port more frequently.

459 posts
4,576 battles

What Germans really need is reliable guns. The turtleback is a great cake to look at. But when you put it in your mouth you realize just about how much full penn these things actually bite. Almost no overpens whatsoever unless you are those weird cruisers or DDs.