You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

De Grasse

12 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,290 posts
15,955 battles

Do you like her?

Is she typical of French cruiser line?

[NFB]
1,300 posts
12,843 battles
17 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Do you like her?

Is she typical of French cruiser line?

For operations, I do. 

It is not unlike La Galissonnière.

De Grasse has fairly accurate guns. The gun range and ROF is better than La Galissonnière, but De Grasse doesn’t get the gun reload booster.

De Grasse is quite fast, good for re-positioning or (in typical French manner, run away.)

From memory, La Galissonnière has only 2 torps per launcher, De Grasse has 3. But still only 3.

I find that with IFHE it’s a good ship to massacre the bots in OP.

She is a squishy ship and AA is weak, not entirely sure how well it will do in Random?

[CLAY]
2,295 posts
11,076 battles

Haven’t really played her much. Better when you get IFHE if you’re using her in OPs.

She’s similar to LaGalissonniere, but neither she, nor LaG are anything like T7 or higher French CAs, making her a poor trainer for such ships. Though she may be passable as a trainer for the upcoming French DD line, if you’d prefer her over Aigle.

[TLS]
3,510 posts
19,147 battles

I prefer Molotov and Leander. Perth I have gotten the hang of it. I did not enjoy grinding La Gali and if by all indications, I wouldn't enjoy this either. Cannot even remember if I got this one as a freebie in a container. 

FYI, you don't even need to play a specific line to level up your captains. All you need is a 19point captain in a ship you perform decently on and voila! Free advancement.

[AUDI]
22 posts
10,150 battles

It is LaGali without main gun reload booster.
If you like post-war De Grasse with enhanced AA, WoWS Blitz has it.

[G_R]
407 posts
17,241 battles

I quite like De Grasse usually do fairly well with it

[LBAS]
Modder
6,178 posts
37,444 battles

De Grasse better/stronger than La Galissonnire

Its multi-purpose for retraining or training for DD BB CA, all good

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles

It's the only ship I ever got in a super container. It's... Ok. Nothing special IMO. As mentioned above, it's not really a very good crew trainer for the higher tier French CAs where you don't use IFHE until the Henri. For Ops, I also prefer the Molotov.

729 posts
19,634 battles
2 hours ago, xamdam said:

It's the only ship I ever got in a super container. It's... Ok. Nothing special IMO. As mentioned above, it's not really a very good crew trainer for the higher tier French CAs where you don't use IFHE until the Henri. For Ops, I also prefer the Molotov.

Yes... what use is IFHE on 152mm artillery, after all?

/s

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles
18 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Yes... what use is IFHE on 152mm artillery, after all?

/s

Meaning from tier 7 (hence "CAs")...

Edited by xamdam

[LUOMU]
Super Tester_
1,421 posts
12,843 battles

She is a fairly good representation of MN CLs pre MBRB.

Way better firing sectors and maneuverability than La Gali and better base DPM. The guns have same ballistics but has a longer range.

While she wouldn't teach you how to properly use MBRB, she is a good practicing ground for basically everything else you need to know about MN CL/CAs up until tier IX. (Layout, armor, engine boost, and getting used to the mediocre/fairly good ballistics) Henri IV has some unique features (30mm mid section and AWESOME AP) that doesn't exist on previous ships. So yeah, playing her well should help you through the MN cruiser line.